Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Regarding the focus frenzy path (AKA Anurism Central)

So in regards to master my plan is to simply start with *the* objectively hardest path and work my way from there, however becuase of this annoying mod I don't think winging it is an option... so if anyone knows what bots are occupying it, I'd appreciate it 👍😀

Comments

• Are you referring to Chapter 2 - 1. Sharkticon week?

If so, my notes have:
    (R, R)
    Warrior - Hound
    Demolition - Sharkticon
    Brawler - Tantrum
    Tactician (via Ambush) - Sharkticon

(2 Way Split, R; 2 Way Split, R)
    Demolition - Galvatron
    Brawler - Motormaster (mini boss)
    Demolition - Sharkticon
    N/A - Sharkticon S-1000 (boss)

• BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Thanks but I mean primal's level, the very hardest path is the focus frenzy path, the one that grants the bot 3 unstoppable buffs that can be removed every time they're hit
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Thanks but I mean primal's level, the very hardest path is the focus frenzy path, the one that grants the bot 3 unstoppable buffs that can be removed every time they're hit

Best bots for this path are ones you wouldn't normally consider.

Scream
    Cyclonus
    Jetfire (only if paired with Scream + Dino and/or Mix)
    Scorponok (because heavy counts as multiple hits)
    Soundwave (same reason as Scorp)
    Tantrum + beast team for unblockable attacks
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    Cyclonus saved the day. One of my alliance mates reminded me that he shines in this spotlight, and he was right.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    So in regards to master my plan is to simply start with *the* objectively hardest path and work my way from there, however becuase of this annoying mod I don't think winging it is an option... so if anyone knows what bots are occupying it, I'd appreciate it 👍😀

Hey, me too!
    YEET!
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Manthro wrote: »

Best bots for this path are ones you wouldn't normally consider.

Scream
    Cyclonus
    Jetfire (only if paired with Scream + Dino and/or Mix)
    Scorponok (because heavy counts as multiple hits)
    Soundwave (same reason as Scorp)
    Tantrum + beast team for unblockable attacks

I haven’t gotten there yet (I’ve been a little busy irl), but I’m probably going to use:

Starscream (dupped obviously)
    Cyclonus (obviously)
    Scorponok (multiple hits)

I don’t really wanna use Jetfire other than his Starscream synergy, which I don’t think is worth a space on my team, and my Soundwave is low-level.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I’m going to bring
    Cyclonus
    Scout Bumblebee
    Wheeljack
    Megatronus
    MV1 Optimus Prime
    I hope it works 😁
  • Jackie is really good on the path, esp for the Sharks if you have feeding frenzy mastery (basically a free pass).
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    I brought a Cyclonus and I was expecting his dark field to cancel out everything. His dark field only worked on across the screen dashes. This is similar to Tantrum's dash buff. Mid screen or close dashes will not be cancelled out. The AI will play you super close because of this mod so you need to play the long range for his dark field to help. He also hits like a tech. I found it easier to just bring bots with class advantage and relay on your dodge skills. Not saying his a bad choice. I probably wasn't playing him correctly. It was easier to adjust for the mod, instead of adjusting for Cyclonus.

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I'm probably just going to use whoever and use my sheet abundance of ninja skill to dodge and block my way to victory.

and when that fails I'm going to resort to the exact method Manthro mentioned.
    Probably gonna use scorpinock, test him on expert primal though before I tackle master again
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Focus Frenzy is a nightmare and reminded me how absolutely necessary Cyclonus is here. I'll be beefing mine up today to tackle this.
    Will Scream nullify an unstoppable buff?
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Focus Frenzy is a nightmare and reminded me how absolutely necessary Cyclonus is here. I'll be beefing mine up today to tackle this.
    Will Scream nullify an unstoppable buff?

With his Sig, sure? But the higher the level the better, if it's level 5 you can risk it but don't hold your breath
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    For anyone struggling with this path - another way of doing it is to split the path up and combine it with the shock block path. The last two bots are a debuff immune Prowl and Megatronus - I took them on separately to the rest of the path and iirc it can be split in to 3 sections, so you could run it 3 times and only do a few fights per go.
    Scorpinock is also a good counter, since his heavy can hit multiple times and primal likes to dash at you I'm considering him for my rematch against master primal