Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How to forge for maximum efficency?

I'm trying to max forge my 5* Iron Hide which is a pain. Do you have any tips on what is the best way to forge him up?
For example do you forge the 4s bots with the highest signiture levels first. D you have to rank 5 the 4s bots before forging them or is rank 2 enough? Thanks.

Comments

• JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    I usually rank 2 my 4*s before forging and make sure their dupped. Awakened forge fodder has a significant difference with unawakened.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Rank your 4* sharks and then feed them all your sigs.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited February 2019
    ^^^^thats what I do. Taking your bots to r5 will give you the most forge xp but its costly so its up to you. I like to have the bots I forge away as strong as possible for max xp. And yes, you get xp from signature level. The higher the sig, the more forge xp.

R2 4*s is not enough, imo, especially if you're working on a 5* bot.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    asparagus wrote: »
    ^^^^thats what I do. Taking your bots to r5 will give you the most forge xp but its costly so its up to you. I like to have the bots I forge away as strong as possible for max xp. And yes, you get xp from signature level. The higher the sig, the more forge xp.

R2 4*s is not enough, imo, especially if you're working on a 5* bot.

I forge 5 at a time.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Regarding forging the sharks. I do recall they give more forge xp than a regular bot, however, is it worth putting the sig programs into them? Higher sig levels give more bot crystal shards, but sharks only give shark bot crystal shards.

I wonder if it’s better to get regular bot crystal shards instead of more shark crystal shards. Unless it’s worth it for getting more sharks?
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Regarding forging the sharks. I do recall they give more forge xp than a regular bot, however, is it worth putting the sig programs into them? Higher sig levels give more bot crystal shards, but sharks only give shark bot crystal shards.

I wonder if it’s better to get regular bot crystal shards instead of more shark crystal shards. Unless it’s worth it for getting more sharks?

IMO, It is really worth to feed all sigs into the 4* sharks if you want to max forged your 5* bots very quickly.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, there's a trade-off there. I just feel that forging is the grindiest, most costly, but also most important part of the game. So for me, having beefed up sharks and having a whole new stable ready when I forge them away is more important than having more bot crystals. I also already have the bots I want/need. I might feel differently if I was still searching for a certain bot.

And yes sharks give huge bonus forge xp, not just a little. Somebody made a chart one time and posted it here showing just how much. Sharks were introduced into the game to help us with forging. So if forging efficiency is what you want (as do I) then sharks are the way to go. Lvl, rank, sig lvl, the more of those, the more the forge xp.
    3x4evka2gwtk.png

Power of sharks. Sig levels are 48, 76 and 78. UM has zero forge.
    As always, forging comes down to resources. Do you have tons of ore/gold but can't spare the T3c? Maybe R4 is when you forge them. It's not as efficient but could probably put that T3c to better use.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Whelp, I guess it’s time to r5 my sharks....
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I Forged all my 4* sharks on rank 3 lol 😂 took my 5* Bumblebee to forge 44
    Probably wasn’t the way to go but I’m saving T2 Alpha for my 5* Mirage and 5* MV1
  • Okay, reeeeeal ignorant question that I should probably already know the answer to.

Where do you get Sharkticons? Occasionally I see 2* shark crystals pop up in the raid store. Where else?
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Okay, reeeeeal ignorant question that I should probably already know the answer to.

Where do you get Sharkticons? Occasionally I see 2* shark crystals pop up in the raid store. Where else?

Sharkticon week event.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Okay, reeeeeal ignorant question that I should probably already know the answer to.

Hey @CarrotBoy2k
    Getting 2* sharks weekly, then upgrading to R3, then forging to 3/4* bots gives you 3* shark shards.
    Repeat (patiently): 3* sharks.
    Now so the same w 3* sharks; et voila!
    4* sharks.

Which are totally underrated
  • Thanks @BlackRazak

I figured it was going to amount to a long tedious process like that, but I may as well start now. At least I already have a stable of 2* and 3* sharks from shark week a year ago.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Ideally you want to awaken the 2* sharks then save the crystals for the future. Use sig programs to increase sig level, forge at high sig or max sig and rank and then get max 3* shards. Open 3* shark crystals, put sig programs in when you awaken said sharks and hold crystals until you need to get and reawaken them again
  • In a way sharks are meant to be forge fodder. So you should save up those 4s till they are max duped before you forge them ...takes so long. Also I read before someone posting it wasn't worth ranking up 2* and 3* before forging them as they were not worth the resources.
  • Mutantdoc wrote: »
    In a way sharks are meant to be forge fodder. So you should save up those 4s till they are max duped before you forge them ...takes so long. Also I read before someone posting it wasn't worth ranking up 2* and 3* before forging them as they were not worth the resources.

In my opinion and experience, sharks are the only bots worth fully ranking and leveling before forging. 2 reasons: Max forge xp, and max amount of shark crystal shards (which are super rare). All available sig programs should be dumped into sharks prior to forging so you can produce more shark crystals (do not forge away unduped sharks).
  • I see, geez I've been wasting my poor sharks
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited February 2019
    I probably wasted my sharks throwing them away at rank 3 lol 😂 , But
    I had these reasons though, I’m sure other players feel the same way on forging
    I only had one 4star bot left to do the rank 2 and rank 3 monthly objectives
    I’m saving T2 Alpha and T3 Class Sparks for 5*s that will help me in battle 👍
    So maybe if I become one of the top players someday I’ll start maxing 4*s to forge but I’ve played for one year my team is made of mostly 4*s and I can 100% Master with them 👍 although there’s many 4stars I’ve got on rank 3 and 4 I don’t use maybe soon I’ll start throwing them into my favorite 5stars? 😁
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Mutantdoc wrote: »
    In a way sharks are meant to be forge fodder. So you should save up those 4s till they are max duped before you forge them ...takes so long. Also I read before someone posting it wasn't worth ranking up 2* and 3* before forging them as they were not worth the resources.

In my opinion and experience, sharks are the only bots worth fully ranking and leveling before forging. 2 reasons: Max forge xp, and max amount of shark crystal shards (which are super rare). All available sig programs should be dumped into sharks prior to forging so you can produce more shark crystals (do not forge away unduped sharks).

yup, the shark shards are rare so you have to extract as many as possible.
    Shark crystals are the only ones I open one at a time too because of how rare they are