Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Freeze on load screen - Results in death in AM

Galaxy Note 9
Freezes multiple times per day, always when loading fights. No amount of waiting will result in unfreezing. The game must be force closed and even though the fight never loads on my end, I receive the penalty. Please look into this as it is absurd to be happening on such a capable and powerful phone.

Comments

• Yeah I think that disconnection penalty needs to be revised.

I think it should happen if you’re in the fight for a few seconds at least because I’ve disconnected a few times before even fighting and lost 50% of my health 😕
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Bi1b0Baggins SD845 or Exynos model?
    Exynos, Hisilicon SoCs are pretty blindsided by F2F.
    Despite the awesome specs.

But if yours is the Qualcomm variant, this is even worse news, as SDs are deprecated left right and centre.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited February 2019
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Bi1b0Baggins SD845 or Exynos model?
    Exynos, Hisilicon SoCs are pretty blindsided by F2F.
    Despite the awesome specs.

But if yours is the Qualcomm variant, this is even worse news, as SDs are deprecated left right and centre.

SM-N960U. So yes, it has the SD845. Gameplay is flawless, it just freezes when loading.

We really need crashed fight recovery like Kabam's other child has. If you log back in within 10 mins or so of the crash, then it prompts you to continue the fight where you left off. Now that AM fights are 60 mins long, this is more than feasible.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    This will sound ridiculous (it certainly is) but you should try waiting longer. This applies to AM of course. I experienced this problem on an older Android device for several weeks. When the fight screen got stuck or even if the game froze during the fight I would wait it out. Sometimes over 10 mins. If it happens during the fight, I tap the pause button 3 times slowly and literally the game would come back to life several minutes later and actually be paused.

I’m saying this acceptable (it’s not), but offering some sort of potential stop gap.

Good luck.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited February 2019
    I have tried waiting it out, but it never unfreezes. Since the fight never loads there is no pause button. I have tried tapping the screen (to change the tips along the bottom) but that stays frozen. The faction face in the lower right is also not spinning.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited February 2019
    This started happening to me on my lg g7 (sd845) after 7.0. Fortunately for me if I wait long enough it kicks out of it. I think only once it did not. It should not happen at all on these devices. Can you remember when it started happening?

Edit. It happens to me during the fight, not at the loading screen.
  • asparagus wrote: »
    This started happening to me on my lg g7 (sd845) after 7.0. Fortunately for me if I wait long enough it kicks out of it. I think only once it did not. It should not happen at all on these devices. Can you remember when it started happening?

Edit. It happens to me during the fight, not at the loading screen.

It started immediately after getting the new phone. Never have any issues during fight, just on the loading step.
  • Just an update. It happened again this morning and it seemed to coincide with an away mission returning to my base. Could the away mission return notification be causing the freeze if it pops up during loading? I know in MCOC there was a bug where the game would lag hard when someone clicked on your arena refresh help request. Maybe it's a similar behavior?
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Just an update. It happened again this morning and it seemed to coincide with an away mission returning to my base. Could the away mission return notification be causing the freeze if it pops up during loading? I know in MCOC there was a bug where the game would lag hard when someone clicked on your arena refresh help request. Maybe it's a similar behavior?

Yes, seems to be a factor.
    Also 100% happens when you're fighting and daily/calendar rewards RESET.
  • Had the same feeling about the crashes occurring when a background process was updating the calendar or away missions or base defence.

But it's hard to tell in fact, as anyway, the game is always updating this after a restart
  • Had the same feeling about the crashes occurring when a background process was updating the calendar or away missions or base defence.

But it's hard to tell in fact, as anyway, the game is always updating this after a restart

Yes and I don't care what the root cause is, as long as there is a crash recovery to deal with the side effects of the crash. Also, if the AM fights are an hour long, why wouldn't the game just pause the fight and let me resume after the crash? Losing a bot in AM due to bad coding is not acceptable.
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious
  • Game freezing in the middle of an AM fight.. Galaxy S8. Yesterday updated to One UI.. please fix this :/

I have a recorded video from the issue...