Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Hot Rod vs Drift for evasions

Who's has the best stats? I use Hot Rod for AMs and run the evasion paths, but his anti evade is unreliable unless you can land multiple ranged shots. I'm not as familiar with Drift, but just landed him as a 5*..
So who's better? Stats? Reliability?

Comments

• Drift's anti-evade is awesome but it isn't 100%. More than good enough when fighting sideswipe, arcee, and bee. Hotrod's I believe is 100%. It can even stop Cheetor's evade during feral strike. Drift's does not counter cheetor's evade.
  • Depends on what you want from them I guess.

If Purely for anti evade, I’d take hot rod. Deceleration completely shuts down evade.

For more general purpose, drift probably has the higher damage output, not to mention swordmasters synergy.

Either way, you’ll still get a reliable bot with good synergies
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Drift's evade control is not reliable. If you knock down Barricade or see Cheetor's Feral Strike, you better back off. The risk simply is too high on high level enemies. Yet, his overall damage output still shines over Hot Rod. And I like his easy-to-use, hack&slash style.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I’ve been wishing for a long time for a 5star Drift, HotRod, or Arcee, But haven’t seen them yet lol 😂
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Hotrod must be one of the most infuriating F2F bots.
    Have him as a 4* and 5* Dupe, sometimes he's INCREDIBLY effective, taking out far higher PI'd tanks like UM, makes short work of 2x Pi Megatronus or any scout, but for me he's all about RHYTHM.
    On song, he's nigh unbeatable, with his simple evades, combos and SP1&2.

On an off day, you'll lose to a 4* Shockwave or Bonecrusher.
    Wait, always BONECRUSHER.

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah it all seems to depend on the AI, especially in AMs. I maxed my 4* HR for Cheetor, then we went up in AM levels so I brought my 5* HR up, but 3 AM levels make all the difference in the world. Another team member tackles Cheater with a stout 5* Arcee, which seems to work really well. I just couldn't do it because it was gonna give me a stroke I'd get so mad.
    Personally I prefer the playstyle of Drift, never cared for the Balthazar Bratt style dance fighting but Hot Rod has always been available because it took forever to pull Drift.
    As for Bonecrusher...those crits HR lands just hurt him with CactusMan bleeds. Bone is always a Grimlock fight for me if at all possible.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    In regards to the better evasion counter, it's hotrod hands down.
    But drift does has a bit of evasion countering as well just not a 100% guarantee.
    So really if you want THE evasion nullifier, then go for hotrod, but if it's for the evade power gain path then I don't see the harm in doing drift.
    Hope this helps 👍
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Hot Rod is slightly better in my opinion.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Drift's is nicer because you don't have to keep applying it. Yes, it's not 100% as everyone has mentioned but it's there as long as you keep a combo or connected with a heavy.
  • No love for Bonecrusher? Each Bleed reduces evade chance by 25%. Four bleeds and the evade is gone.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    No love for Bonecrusher? Each Bleed reduces evade chance by 25%. Four bleeds and the evade is gone.

if there's a sale with 50% off with an additional 50% off..it's not 100% off. same applies here. 4 bleed stacks on a 100% chance for evade will reduce it to about 32%.
  • Voltron wrote: »
    No love for Bonecrusher? Each Bleed reduces evade chance by 25%. Four bleeds and the evade is gone.

if there's a sale with 50% off with an additional 50% off..it's not 100% off. same applies here. 4 bleed stacks on a 100% chance for evade will reduce it to about 32%.

Hmm, so that's why they still tend to evade a lot even though I would stack at least 3 bleeds. Thanks for the explanation.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah I've tried Bonecrusher. Have YET to get a failed evade, even with 4 bleeds.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Wasp with Windblade synergy. Or just light range to get them to block then heavy. Somehow they don’t evade when they are shielding.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I think it's just a preference issue that is mostly dependent on your own playstyle.

If you're more of a player who likes to set up big attacks with a lead ranged shot or two before moving in for a combo, then Hot Rod is definitely your guy.

If you're more of a sit back on your heels and wait for the opponent dash in so you can sidestep and counter with your own combo, then you'll probably enjoy Drift more.
    Voltron wrote: »

Hmm, so that's why they still tend to evade a lot even though I would stack at least 3 bleeds. Thanks for the explanation.

Np! that and the game is a total troll. Cheetor's feral is only 25% but that 25% chance sure does proc more often than not.
    Synthwave wrote: »
    I think it's just a preference issue that is mostly dependent on your own playstyle.

If you're more of a player who likes to set up big attacks with a lead ranged shot or two before moving in for a combo, then Hot Rod is definitely your guy.

If you're more of a sit back on your heels and wait for the opponent dash in so you can sidestep and counter with your own combo, then you'll probably enjoy Drift more.

I like this Synthwave more than the other. I hope this one will appear more often. He's a great resource to the lower/beginning players.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I’ve never had much issue with drifts anti evade. Maybe one in 5 fights or so cheetor will still evade, nothing major.

I’m not used to hotrod however, so I can’t make a legitimate case against him, but rather offer info about drift.

If you can maintain a 5 hit combo, his evades work the overwhelming majority of the time. I got fairly good at keeping the 15 hit combo for most fights, and I can assure you it helps his damage output a ton.

My conclusion: if you can keep a combo well, drift is great. If you get nicked often and get you meter reset, I would probably look into hotrod.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Drift > Hot Rod im(correct)o
    Here's the thing. While Drift's anti evade isn't guaranteed, it's always active as long as he still has that crit rate buff, which can easily be obtained by:
    1. Vrummm!
    2. 5-hit combo
    Just don't get hit! Even if you do get hit, it's really EZPZ to regain that buff, all you have to do is [see above]

Drift's damage output is also much better than Hot Rod, he hits like a Japanese samurai thanks to his fellow Sword Masters' bonus and his bleeds are naasty!

@Fried_DogZ uses Drifty boi in AM and he kicks ass, outscoring everyone else including me.
  • Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Drift > Hot Rod im(correct)o
    Here's the thing. While Drift's anti evade isn't guaranteed, it's always active as long as he still has that crit rate buff, which can easily be obtained by:
    1. Vrummm!
    2. 5-hit combo
    Just don't get hit! Even if you do get hit, it's really EZPZ to regain that buff, all you have to do is [see above]

Drift's damage output is also much better than Hot Rod, he hits like a Japanese samurai thanks to his fellow Sword Masters' bonus and his bleeds are naasty!

@Fried_DogZ uses Drifty boi in AM and he kicks ass, outscoring everyone else including me.

I agree with you on some points.
    Personally, I think Hot Rod is much better at anti-evade.

Drift gains a precision buff which is a much better crit-rate buff but is never guaranteed. However, I do agree that his damage is better, but not because of the Swordmasters. (Bludgeon benefits much better from the Synergy buff)
    Hot Rod, however, requires a ranged attack to activate his anti-evade. Not only does this go through blocks, but it also prevents other evasion buffs from activating. While bots aren't exactly the best at being hit by ranged attacks, this is a much more reliable, and powerful way of anti-evasion.
  • love u
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Who's has the best stats? I use Hot Rod for AMs and run the evasion paths, but his anti evade is unreliable unless you can land multiple ranged shots. I'm not as familiar with Drift, but just landed him as a 5*..
    So who's better? Stats? Reliability?

Wee bit off topic, but a fledged out R5 Motormaster seems to be available to hit both these guys, 5* 7000Pi High Sig, with wanton abandon.
    Literally landing hits 95% of the time.
    On mods, to boot.