Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

4 star (5/50) vs 5 star (2/20)

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
I have 25 4 stars and two 5 star.
Should I focus on ranking and forging the best 4 stars or on ranking and forging the 5 star?

For me, the basic spark, t3 spark and alpha is the main bottleneck.

I am close to having enough for ranking up a 1/10 5 star. But ranking up five 5 stars look tough. ( I will be getting five 5 star soon)

I see people having 4000+ rating 4 stars. It seems MUCH easier to get 4000+ with 4 stars than same rating but 5 stars. So it looks much easier and more efficient to get a top tier team of max forged 4 stars

But I am still not sure

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I would focus on getting 5x r5 4* max forged first. Half the resources needed 5* are really only worth it when you can rank them to r3 and above, and forge in to them.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Definitely 5 max 4stars are the way to start I agree 100% with @DaveJL 👍😁
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    4* R5 is better because 4*s are easier to get their sig level up, but 5* R2 has better base stats
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Other than sparks, 5* R2 requires waaay less resources to level up. F-100 a 4* seems already a bottomless pit.

But shouldn't we compare 4* 5/50 f100 against 5* 3/30 f0?
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    Yah I'd wait and collect more 5 stars before I started working on them, unless you nab one that you need and know you want.
  • I would only start looking at ranking up 5* when you feel like r5 f100 4* can’t take you any further. Build a solid raid, AM and spotlight team and try to phase in your 5* one at a time.

Only 5* I have ranked at all is grimlock. And the remaining 4* on my autobot team could always do with that attack bump. Don’t think ‘ooh shiny 5*’ and throw all your 4* into the pit. You might regret it if it leaves you short handed on useful bots. Maybe only forge a few at a time when your close to getting another 5* from shards.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    I would only start looking at ranking up 5* when you feel like r5 f100 4* can’t take you any further. Build a solid raid, AM and spotlight team and try to phase in your 5* one at a time.

Only 5* I have ranked at all is grimlock. And the remaining 4* on my autobot team could always do with that attack bump. Don’t think ‘ooh shiny 5*’ and throw all your 4* into the pit. You might regret it if it leaves you short handed on useful bots. Maybe only forge a few at a time when your close to getting another 5* from shards.

Thanks for suggestions!
    Actually it is very difficult to rank up 5 star. I won’t even have enough T4 basic spark to begin with. So I will try to get a team of 4* for mission and raid first. Once I have 5 solid 4 star I will rank my 5 star.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Other than sparks, 5* R2 requires waaay less resources to level up. F-100 a 4* seems already a bottomless pit.

He has been playing a short time only, so to even have the relevant sparks will be the most difficult unless he buys the fast rank up packages
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    DaveJL wrote: »

He has been playing a short time only, so to even have the relevant sparks will be the most difficult unless he buys the fast rank up packages

I got 5 star rank 2 and 3 packages today. Problem solved. I will stick with 5 star bots lol