Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Alas, poor BW, i never knew you

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Just don't make it. There's no way in hell they coulf ever make a successful BW film. Even if they do manage to pull it off, the film will be a crappy borefest full of bad CGI models and stuff. I don't want Hasbro to pull a full Disney's Lion King here.
    Besides, the Beast Wars cartoon is already perfect as it is (for a 90's CGI animated cartoon). If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    If Hasbro ever wants something good to do w/ BW, just create a brand new comic series or a Netflix show about the future of Cybertron after the great reformatting in Beast Machines. I wouldn't mind seeing TransTech
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Condensed:

You mean tl;dr. :)
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Gunz0 little known fact:
    Bay's Transformers aesthetic are heavily adapted Transtech designs
    b0lrdny8fnf6.jpg
    y0khfwygrxma.jpg
    xi20f41uszz3.jpg
    5pulbegz0gfc.jpg
    tmf2r2smfxy2.jpg

BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Gunz0 little known fact:
    Bay's Transformers aesthetic are heavily adapted Transtech designs
    b0lrdny8fnf6.jpg
    y0khfwygrxma.jpg
    xi20f41uszz3.jpg
    5pulbegz0gfc.jpg
    tmf2r2smfxy2.jpg

Those designs still look better than Bay's garbage lmao
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    They need to bring in miles finch. For real though, christopher nolan. Transformers legit needs a good movie.
  • Why not just make it a hyperealistic animated film? Considering how 3D graphics have vastly improved, as shown in modern day video games (RE2 Remake, GoW 4, Detroit: Become Human), they could just make it an all animated film.

It doesn't really have to be a real life film, as BW is just 100% robots, and no humans. The Cybertron-based prequel is gonna be a hyperealistic animated film, so why not Beast Wars? Kind of a silly move to make it live-action, as it doesn't need to be.

Also, fire that producer. He's made some statements that proves that he doesn't care for the franchise. For example:

•He didn't want Bumblebee to be a reboot because he likes Bay's style/universe.
    •He said Unicron wouldn't work for a film.
    •He says "Who remembers Beast Wars?", when clearly Optimus Primal was voted the next Prime 2 years ago, showing Beast Wars is still prominent after 20 years.
  • Might I add that it's too soon for a Beast Wars film.
    Bumblebee is the start of a new franchise and Beast Wars was one of the final chapters in their continuity (being a sequel to G1). As @Gunz0 said, they should just make a new show or comic series than make a film now.
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited March 2019
    Wait for them to do an Optimus Prime movie.

I will be going Hasbroke thanks to Hasbro. 🤣
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I’d love to see a Beast Wars Movie 🍿 🎥 😁👍
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Pure OG beast wars ok?
    No Michael Bay like style please!!??
    Also Dinobot and Megatron YEESSSSS?
    De Bone Ventura stated it'll cost $450M, and needs to do $1.125M to BREAK EVEN.

AND THAT'S WHY WE'LL NEVER GET BW.

Unless

Better call up the MAINFRAME gang, give em $50M and go nuts
  • I think a BW movie would be awesome!
    I really hope that someday they can make it happen, but for right now I’d be happy with some size/show accurate action figures of the BW characters .
    As I recently requested them to Hasbro! Lol!!
  • And also @ScarredArachnid333 I totally agree with you that a hyperrealistic animated film would be perfect!
    I wouldn’t mind if they made a movie with the animation looking just like the show did in the 90’s! Lol!!
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I'd like a beast wars film...but a Megatron (G1) movie has to come first!
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    asparagus wrote: »
    They need to bring in miles finch. For real though, christopher nolan. Transformers legit needs a good movie.

He'd never do it, he's a grumpy South Pole elf.
    I think the director of the Marvel movies would do good work. He has a way of making things believable if he can keep his sjw politics out of it.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/beast-wars-film-said-to-be-too-expensive-to-make-at-the-moment/43075/
    ohohohohoh nooooooooo Scarred might need some espresso for that depresso.
    Why not just make it a hyperealistic animated film? Considering how 3D graphics have vastly improved, as shown in modern day video games (RE2 Remake, GoW 4, Detroit: Become Human), they could just make it an all animated film.

It doesn't really have to be a real life film, as BW is just 100% robots, and no humans. The Cybertron-based prequel is gonna be a hyperealistic animated film, so why not Beast Wars? Kind of a silly move to make it live-action, as it doesn't need to be.

Also, fire that producer. He's made some statements that proves that he doesn't care for the franchise. For example:

•He didn't want Bumblebee to be a reboot because he likes Bay's style/universe.
    •He said Unicron wouldn't work for a film.
    •He says "Who remembers Beast Wars?", when clearly Optimus Primal was voted the next Prime 2 years ago, showing Beast Wars is still prominent after 20 years.

Tbh Unicron would work better than Beasties in live-action
    Bayformers and Knightformers from 2 universes team up to defeat a "merged" Unicron. Go!
    jx4fde5ki7e5.png
    In Japan, No One Can Hear You Scream (or Bark)
    R I P Larry Di Tillio.
    @ScarredArachnid333 please come up with an appropriate eulogy
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    R I P Larry Di Tillio.
    @ScarredArachnid333 please come up with an appropriate eulogy

I'm not sure if I should be appointed this honor because I'm merely a fan and nothing more. But I will still do it to show my gratitude.

As a writer of Beast Wars, Larry Di Tillio helped introduce a new generation of Transformers and with it a new generation of fans. I may have not been one of the original fans of the show (I'm from the 2000's), but I am still grateful for his work, as he wrote the episodes that introduced many characters, such as Airazor, Inferno, Depth Charge, and Tigerhawk. It is sad to lose one of the creative minds of such a great show.

Larry Di Tillio wrote the episode "The Spark" and I believe there is a quote from that episode that is appropriate for situation:
    924md1mpliin.jpg
    "When a Spark goes online, there is great joy. When one is extinguished, the universe weeps."

R.I.P Larry Di Tillio