Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Wait What: Transformers: The Last Knight is Getting a Sequel?

VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/transformers-last-knight-sequel/amp/

Several sources out there suggesting that 2 films are in the works:

A ) BumbleBee Sequel
B ) Transformers: The Last Knight Sequel

Seems a strange direction to go. Two diverging universes.
Tagged:

Comments

• VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited March 2019
    From a practical standpoint it seems a bad idea, splitting the fan base. BumbleBee’s numbers undinably suffered from the train wreck of the previous film.

Now people with reignited interest, who are willing to build trust with the franchise based on BumbleBee are going to be treated to another Bay film? How many people will walk out of that film feeling cheated?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Vavatron wrote: »
    From a practical standpoint it seems a bad idea, splitting the fan base. BumbleBee’s numbers undinably suffered from the train wreck of the previous film.

Now people with reignited interest, who are willing to build trust with the franchise based on BumbleBee are going to be treated to another Bay film? How many people will walk out of that film feeling cheated?

🙋‍♂️
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    As long as bay is not directing either film it shouldnt be too bad lol.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Vavatron i believe the transcript actually states an 80s Bee+Prime buddy cop movie and a modern Transformers.
    So...
    @Vavatron the interview was written in Japanese, author includes this
    "The quote above is translated via Google, so there is room for error, but I don't think Lorenzo di Bonaventura is referring to a straight sequel to The Last Knight, just a new big Transformers film. Regarding the Bumblebee sequel, the producer offers it will be a buddy flick with Optimus and Bee, but they are still trying to figure out the story regarding how to fit the human factor into the movie."

PHEW!
    Also,
    For 'Transformers' fans complaining about
    human interference in storylines...
    a13ya5ws0ygb.gif
    They're so important to the core of the TF Universe, THEY'RE ACTUALLY THE MAIN CHARACTERS.
    Between 1986 till current, EVERY TF storyline in Japan has humans in the starring role.

And this is Optimus Prime
    mkaqw85tr7mb.gif
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Vavatron the interview was written in Japanese, author includes this
    "The quote above is translated via Google, so there is room for error, but I don't think Lorenzo di Bonaventura is referring to a straight sequel to The Last Knight, just a new big Transformers film. Regarding the Bumblebee sequel, the producer offers it will be a buddy flick with Optimus and Bee, but they are still trying to figure out the story regarding how to fit the human factor into the movie."

PHEW!

How about they release a movie without the human factor for once? Just a straight up, you know, Transformers movie. I didn't watch the cartoons to see Spike and Sparkplug.
    @Red_Eyes they are.
    The Cybertron-centric animated movie is coming.
    And it's technically WFC Siege, for the big screen
    @Vavatron your fears have been allayed.
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/03/18/next-main-transformers-movie-is-a-reboot-says-lorenzo-di-bonaventura-385526

Though the guy seems to be chucking everything, and seeing what sticks.

Bloke thinks Cyclonus and Tailgate style sortees is a great idea
    Ye gawds
    Why blow things up when we can see Optimus pine for his true robo-love, Dion?
    @Kabam Vydious someone get Di Bonaventura some aspirin, 1000mg, stat!

Have we learned nothing

Poor BUMBLEBEE
  • But... Didn't they Reboot the Transformers Universe? Why go back to an already dead project?
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Vavatron your fears have been allayed.
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/03/18/next-main-transformers-movie-is-a-reboot-says-lorenzo-di-bonaventura-385526

Though the guy seems to be chucking everything, and seeing what sticks.

Bloke thinks Cyclonus and Tailgate style sortees is a great idea
    Ye gawds
    Why blow things up when we can see Optimus pine for his true robo-love, Dion?

To be fair the Cyclonus and Tailgate arc was damn well done.
    @SkBirdman for true comic aficianados, absolutely fine.
    General populace, with closeted feelings, etc (where this kind of thing might get your movie torpedoed; and I'm talking less progressive states, not even places like the Philippines or the Middle East) will NOT take kindly to this.
    And i shudder my beloved franchise becomes a tool in LGBTQ politics.
    We need a wholesome, moral, entertaining and well written Sci Fi that appeals to kids and adults.
    That's the future of this franchise.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
  • Y'all hating on bayformers too much. I know its pretty bad. But you people are looking at the negatives and not the positive s
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Y'all hating on bayformers too much. I know its pretty bad. But you people are looking at the negatives and not the positive s

That's because there are no positives to look at
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    Y'all hating on bayformers too much. I know its pretty bad. But you people are looking at the negatives and not the positive s

What about primes fight in the forest? What about his fight with megatron and the fallen? What about prime vs sentinel? What about TLK final battle?
    Gunz0 wrote: »

What about primes fight in the forest? What about his fight with megatron and the fallen? What about prime vs sentinel? What about TLK final battle?

Booooo! They suck. Here's a REAL transformers fight:
    https://youtu.be/qyJYtVnu8og
    Even with bad CGI, it's easily better than Bay's garabge lol

All I saw was a pile of metal tumbleweeds rolling around the screen :tongue:

Rewatched Bumblebee again and figured out why the fights were so much better. Aside from the colours and cleaner designs, the bots frequently transformed mid fight, they used alt modes to gain advantage. Bay's bots rarely if ever did that, they just brawled. Badly.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    The only thing that was great about bayformers are the character designs

- Bayformers Character designs
    - Great
    wqie3sq0jldf.jpg
    79rtpjvhe5jo.jpg
    2n5vrny536lh.gif
    cgkfoi8ted00.gif

- Bayformers Character designs
    - Great
    wqie3sq0jldf.jpg
    79rtpjvhe5jo.jpg
    2n5vrny536lh.gif
    cgkfoi8ted00.gif

I didn't say all of them were great...I just like some of the designs
    Bayformers fights:
    Insert screws, bolts, metal shards in blender.

'Legendary' Bayformers Forest Fight:
    Insert screws, bolts, metal shards in blender. Now add LETTUCE.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    On the bright side unicron's going to make an appearance if it's a sequel to Last Knight, I feel like saying I'll be surprised if they screw him up buuuuuuuut... Bay-formers
    I'm surprisingly shocked with the reactions to my post
    I'm surprisingly shocked with the reactions to my post

Personally I didnt mind Prime from MV1-3, Barricade from MV1 (TLK version was stupid, knuckle dusters?!), Blackout, Long Haul, and... thats it. Maybe Bonecrusher. Rest didn't evoke much of a reaction from me.