Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

100 years to release all bots

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
The 1 bot per month release was already slow. And this game already stops releasing new bots according to licensing rumours.

What’s point of playing?

Go look at contest of champions in comparison

I might as well just spend 300 bucks everyday and buy Takara Tomy master piece transformers.

Btw, the 5 star cost way more than 300 bucks

What I am trying to say: the game has clearly no end game and no objectives.....people with 3k + 3k + 3k bot rating is already hitting 2300 ladder points.....only reason I am playing is to collect, but seems no point of collecting a poor collection of transformers that will stop getting supported in near future

Actually let me make a suggestion. Let’s release 6 star bots. That way it will take another 100 years to collect the 30-40ish transformers and hitting max rank max forge for all of them. Definitely a good objective to occupy for the rest of my gaming life

Comments

• Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited March 2019
    Lol 😂 no thanks
    Just trying to obtain sparks to max my 5stars is challenge enough
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Wasn't there a Transformers movie called...
    ..ROFL
    Seriously pal, all youse whiny gerbils have no idea how good you've got it with F2F.
    A top fighting game that's been updated for nearly 2 years.

Why i don't have god like powers is that I'd zap you lot back to 1986, imprison you in a room with only a copy of MYSTERY OF CONVOY as entertainment.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited March 2019
    Guys I just took the huge effort of counting, contest of champion has about 140 champs :)

Though to give Kabam a thumb up for the amount of polish for transfomer vs marvel champs, I consider 1 transformer = 2 marvel champs
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Wasn't there a Transformers movie called...
    ..ROFL
    Seriously pal, all youse whiny gerbils have no idea how good you've got it with F2F.
    A top fighting game that's been updated for nearly 2 years.

Why i don't have god like powers is that I'd zap you lot back to 1986, imprison you in a room with only a copy of MYSTERY OF CONVOY as entertainment.

Preach! Look at the other game. It has so many issues. TF is great man. One bot a month is good. Look how difficult it is getting two out of three for this generic stuff. I’d rather one bot and keep the balance with the other bots. In the other game all the new champs are far superior to the old champs, which makes the old champs obsolete.

How many of us still use the OG bots when the game first started? I do. My man rhinox is still a boss. Sure I have some new ones too but, for the most part all bots are useful. Not saying some don’t need a buff, which they are getting, but they aren’t completely useless either.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Ugh... These Threads again?
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    So what do you wanna have, a game you finish and just set aside?
    Unless you're a whale, there's always something to do and work towards, and more is coming In just a couple weeks.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited March 2019
    Lol 😂 probably this thread should shut down
    Kitten wrote: »
    Shut up and stop complaining, we’re getting rodimus prime soon (and possibly overlord) but I guess even that isn’t enough to please you

You should shut your filthy mouth. I made my point. And they are all valid.

1. There is no end game. Anyone with 3k+3k+3k bot can get up to rank 1 in ladder.

2. The only purpose the game serve is to collect. Go YouTube transformer collection. People have 500+ if not 1000 transformer toys. Any half decent transformer fan would not be satisfied with 30-40ish bots collection.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Kitten wrote: »
    Shut up and stop complaining, we’re getting rodimus prime soon (and possibly overlord) but I guess even that isn’t enough to please you

You should shut your filthy mouth. I made my point. And they are all valid.

1. There is no end game. Anyone with 3k+3k+3k bot can get up to rank 1 in ladder.

2. The only purpose the game serve is to collect. Go YouTube transformer collection. People have 500+ if not 1000 transformer toys. Any half decent transformer fan would not be satisfied with 30-40ish bots collection.

Toy collections and game rosters are two different things....
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Inb4 jail
    edited March 2019
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Inb4 jail

Out B4 boredom

But honestly OP, what did you expect?
    The devs stated the game is on a new bot hiatus, thankfully we're still seeing content updates.
    Perhaps we're too quick to judge, as the 2nd anniversary (and my own 1st) is just weeks away.
    Your comment about true fans having to own over 40 toys DOESN'T take into account financial or space limitations, and that is rather twunt-ish.

I know plenty of hardcore TF fans who love this game and the franchise but are hurting due to the fact they can't afford better phones to play this game, or indeed drop $400 on MP Optimus Prime.

Do you love F1? No you don't, you don't own a single Ferrari.
    By your logic.
  • Where’s the popcorn at? I’m kinda enjoying this thread.

In all seriousness, a 2 nearly 2 year old game can’t be compared to mcoc in terms of roster size. Ok, 1 a month might seem a tad slow, but we get well thought out bots, even if they don’t crash the meta every month. How many times does mcoc forum demand a nerf because the new champ broke the meta ceiling per month? Folks are howling because nick fury broke it. It’s about time we stopped comparing the 2 games, although stealing a few ideas from mcoc wouldn’t do any harm. Side stories, bi-monthly gauntlets and such wouldn’t go amiss here.

It’s a different game bud. I get where your coming from, but if you want mcoc in a 3D arena, harass the mcoc forum for it. The mods stated in January what the intentions were, even if they didn’t clarify if licensing issues were the problem (which they never denied).

Comparing those who have collected toys to the game roster isn’t fair either. Some have collected for years before this game was even conceived. Some have collected toys just because the bot came out in this game. I have, even if it’s just for my kid.

There isn’t even an end game in mcoc either, so why expect it here? Roster wise, if you haven’t finished the story, chances are you don’t have the roster to hammer master. Story finished 100%, then move onto spotlight high level. You then have the roster to spare a couple bots to do higher level AM. Progression is the endgame here, in this kind of game. Objectives give you something different to work on in the meantime. Enjoy it. Why bicker about it?
    @Mr_Wonderful thanks for that post.
    I don't know what level you or @Vavatron or @DaveJL or indeed @Manthro and @Kitten are (i reckon better than average), but it's utterly REFRESHING to see the older players NOT MOAN CONSTANTLY.

That negativity has emboldened low level dufuses to DEMAND better RNG.
    Better Crystals.
    Better Prizes.
    Sheesh.
    They'd probably buy a $1000 pack to COMPLETE F2F 100%.
    And still be utter crap.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    To play this game you only need 3 bots. Like sometimes you just want a relaxing game of chess to destress from real life. Doesn’t have to be about grinding or chasing or keeping up with the Jones’. Just kill some bots to chill. Life is stressful enough, gaming should be an escape.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited March 2019
    Thanks @BlackRazak

Agree with @Faithz17

Her reasoning is exactly why I don’t feel the need to be in a top alliance. It’s about fun, I have enough stress in my real job, I don’t need more pressure.

• BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Mr_Wonderful thanks for that post.
    I don't know what level you or @Vavatron or @DaveJL or indeed @Manthro and @Kitten are (i reckon better than average), but it's utterly REFRESHING to see the older players NOT MOAN CONSTANTLY.

That negativity has emboldened low level dufuses to DEMAND better RNG.
    Better Crystals.
    Better Prizes.
    Sheesh.
    They'd probably buy a $1000 pack to COMPLETE F2F 100%.
    And still be utter crap.

Thanks mate. I’m no expert. I can’t even 100% master, hell I struggle to 100% expert due to time constraints, but I know this game inside out by learning from the pro’s. That’s why I try to pass that info on to those who ask whenever I can.

The way I see it, we all enjoy the game or we wouldn’t be playing it. There’s little to no point in arguing with each other as it’s not constructive, it’ll just get the thread closed down. Having a factual debate yeah, it helps as as many opinions as possible builds a bigger picture, but telling each other to shut up helps no one. If anything it drives people away. There’s no harm in taking a back seat and biting your tongue if there’s nothing helpful to be said.

That said, I still stand by what I said earlier. Mcoc is a totally different game. The idea is the same, as is the menu, it’s similar, but it’s a different game. It’s like questioning why elder scrolls Skyrim has no guns when there’s guns in the fallout series, just because they’re both made by Bethesda. Similar but different in their own right. The same applies here.

My only thoughts on this thread is that if your looking for something different, like 2 champs a month, or a 3D arena for marvel chumps, it’s the wrong game. Folks regardless of their age (I know some have said they’re still in school) can take the mature stance and recognise this game for what it is. 1 spotlight a month, previously 1 bot a month, which is more thought out than the 2 bots a month schedule mcoc has, which regularly has people crying for a nerf, or buff this, buff that, or whatever. It is what it is, enjoy it or don’t enjoy it. Don’t like it, go elsewhere, but no need to argue with folks on the way out if it’s not for you.
    edited March 2019
    Ok guys, the post served its original purpose: to stir up some discussion of doubts of future of the game.

There are basically 2 groups of people.
    1. Those that have spent heavily time wise and money wise. They definitely want more return from investment, ie new bots new contents ( personally I hope to see 140+ bots, and I don’t mind paying my way up, though that’s never going to happen I understand ). Surprisingly this group of people never said a word in this post. Maybe they have complained enough, maybe they already bored and stop coming here, maybe they just don’t like reading things that remind them of their inner feeling, maybe they just stopped playing temporarily until the game release something new.

2. Those that barely have spent a dime or just play for fun and spent just a little time per day to keep them entertained. Looks like the majority that have posted here belongs to this group. They want to have fun and enjoy it and that’s the reason they even come here. To read something interrsting.

I will just pretend the consensus is that people are all satisfied with the occasinal new content, ane all satisifed with both the “no new bot in the near future” or “1 new bot per month in the distant future”.

Thanks for contributing your thoughts.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited March 2019
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Ok guys, the post served its original purpose: to stir up some discussion of doubts of future of the game.

There are basically 2 groups of people.
    1. Those that have spent heavily time wise and money wise. They definitely want more return from investment, ie new bots new contents ( personally I hope to see 140+ bots, and I don’t mind paying my way up, though that’s never going to happen I understand ). Surprisingly this group of people never said a word in this post. Maybe they have complained enough, maybe they already bored and stop coming here, maybe they just don’t like reading things that remind them of their inner feeling, maybe they just stopped playing temporarily until the game release something new.

2. Those that barely have spent a dime or just play for fun and spent just a little time per day to keep them entertained. Looks like the majority that have posted here belongs to this group. They want to have fun and enjoy it and that’s the reason they even come here. To read something interrsting.

I will just pretend the consensus is that people are all satisfied with the occasinal new content, ane all satisifed with both the “no new bot in the near future” or “1 new bot per month in the distant future”.

Thanks for contributing your thoughts.

And then there is the third group, which partially overlaps your first group - those that have grinded and spent a lot of time and some money to get the bots that they wanted, but are now on the end. For instance I have 10 maxed out 4* bots and now I want to turn some of them to 5*. Like Tantrum and Cyclonus. And I do Like the generic chips way as it's the only way to obtain the 5* bot I really like and want to play with.

I don't know why you think this is collectors kind of game, as it is action-fighting game. I don't want to fill my squad with useless bots at this point, I want stronger version of what we have currently. I have enough T3 class spark to rank up every 5* version of bot to R4, but I have just one 5* at that rank currently, as the RNG of 5* crystals gives me just the bots I don't want.

So I don't see a reason to complain. You need to understand that the vast majority of players that have spend more than 6 months in the game are interest in 5* bots, not in new 4* every month, or to grind as mules for the 5* spotlight bot every month (also if you don't get the 4* and rank him up, you would never know if the new bot fits good in your play style and if the 5* is worth the 1 mil chips).

Bottom line - git gud, play more and focus on 5*, which will give you edge when new content arrives, instead of 140 different 4* as you want them

Also:
    adtjlovmfcod.png

So you can't really make the second group also, because I play FOR FUN and enjoy my time playing the game, no matter if grinding arena gets a little bit boring from time to time. But at the end of the day, I progress towards my goal - getting better 5* bots and the resources to upgrade them. Most of the people that wrote in your thread are doing the same.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Personally I liked having a new bot every month. I was a "collector" but have found myself going in with the same group of bots every time, therefore those I collected and didn't use went into the forge, which gives me the goal of replacing THOSE bots.
    There's ALWAYS something to do. Something to improve upon, another challenge to beat, if all it can be is bettering yourself in something you've already done. All you gotta do is make it fun.
    If it's not fun, find a different game. If I hit the "end game" I'd feel cheated with everything I've put into this one.
    edited March 2019
    @ktomov
    May I ask how much do you spend on average every month?

From what I can see, if you spend on a 5 star crystal 3000/1500 energon bundle every month. (I actually don’t know if they give such promo sale every month) You can get 3 5stars every month. If you played long enough, you will almost have every single 5 star from the game.

Btw, thank you for your post and thoughts, everyone has valid opinions and thanks for taking time to write it down.
  • ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited March 2019
    I have a self-conscious limit of no more than 20 euro per month for games. So that's it. I've spent the first couple of months to boost my development, but now I can't see a deal that I would actually benefit of it, so for the last 3 months I've spent around 30 euro in total.

Energon bundles for 5* are just way too expensive. Just grind your way out. Do crystals arena and try to get in the 3-5%, learn your way to fully explore expert, then master. Forge your 2 and 3* bots. That's how the things progress.

I have 12 5*, some of them duped twice, so it's not that hard to obtain them if you seriously invest time in the game. Also bare in mind I've started playing the game at the end of May last year, so I'm playing for 10 months

Now we are going into the 2nd anniversary of the game. Imagine what squad are the people playing for the last 2 years having. That's the important part - the bots released now as 5* weren't available before. That's all that those players want, well not Ramjet, but awakened 5* Ratchet is pretty good addition to those guys squads.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    @BlackRazak my IGN is Terror-X. By no means near the top, especially with stats or anything, but I like to think I'm up there or there abouts.

For me, this game is sort of about collecting, but I do like to try and climb to the top of a pyramid, like arena or raid scoreboard every now and then, and I do like the thought process and planning of building certain teams, from trying to obtain them, level and rank and forge and mentally allocate my resources. I also like the planning aspect.

I am getting a bit bored, but I can hold on for the anniversary for sure.
  • WarblahWarblah Posts: 39
    Funny, I’ve been collecting transformers for more than 12 years and I’m absolutely fine with the current state of the game.
    Mcoc itself is a very simple(and boring) game, if u want gameplay you stick with FTF, if you want to just collect characters then you should go play transformers earth wars, they have a lot more characters than FTF atm
    The only other game I play atm is marvel strike force, and they chuck out new characters at a much faster rate. I’ll say this though, the excitement of getting a new character from that game is not nearly as satisfying as getting a new bot from FTF
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Warblah wrote: »
    Funny, I’ve been collecting transformers for more than 12 years and I’m absolutely fine with the current state of the game.
    Mcoc itself is a very simple(and boring) game, if u want gameplay you stick with FTF, if you want to just collect characters then you should go play transformers earth wars, they have a lot more characters than FTF atm
    The only other game I play atm is marvel strike force, and they chuck out new characters at a much faster rate. I’ll say this though, the excitement of getting a new character from that game is not nearly as satisfying as getting a new bot from FTF

I agree with everything you just said @Warblah
    I agree, Contest of champion is so blurry and under polished (the champ themselves look like bad artist drawing, and the animation is ....not to mention gameplay mechanics, I downloaded multiple times and just delete straight away). Transformer earth war look like a 10 year old child made it.

This game is really good, just wish more people are playing and paying so we could get more content ,,, even combiners....

@kotomov wow I can’t imagine you could actually get so many 5 star without paying much..... I am not sure if they made it harder to get 5 stars.....but even if someone paying 50$ a month I could see no way he would even get 2 5stars a month......
    edited March 2019
    OP, @ktomov and @jazz444 have EXCELLENT rosters considering they've been playing shy of a year.
    I've a similar elapsed time, and only ever have 8x 5* (too many dupes, should be 13-14) and am still missing Drift.
    Also, just 7 maxed R5 4*. But no money spent on my side.
    So everyone's experience is different.
    Also depends on your daily playing time, btw. I'm on around 3-4hr a day.