Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

5* Bumblebee(dark of the moon) or 5* Mixmaster

Which one is better???

Comments

• Seb1976Seb1976 Posts: 77
    Thread of the Year - no question
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I’d say Bumblebee I love that little guy 😁👍
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited March 2019
    I'm sure mixmaster will be better after LeBeouf.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    We’ll see after the rebalance
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    This is like asking do you prefer to drink lava or molten lead.
    There are some guys here (obvs SADOMASOCHISTS) that are great with Mixmaster, though.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    There are some guys here (obvs SADOMASOCHISTS) that are great with Mixmaster, though.

Mix is powerful when used right. Play real patient, let those special buffs build, some of the secondary crit damage(? I think, don’t have one to check) buffs build too. Take the slow route and build to sp3, land an acid debuff eventually, and immediately launch sp3. He crucifies opponents if all of his mixer acid hits are crits. I know his sp2 is good for damage, but you build to sp3, and you’ve probably added a few more buffs in that time.

Of course there are better demo’s, but like almost any bot (hound being the general exception), you play to his niche strengths and he’ll work well. Just a bit pillow fisted.

I’m not a massive mix fan, as this style conflicts with my usual more aggressive style. But yeah, sp3 all the way and he’ll rain down the damage

They aren't that bad compared to hound, ramjet and e.t.c.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Megacharge85 i happen to think Ramjet is hilarious fun.
    Terrible utility, but a real laugh in arenas.

Mixdaddy has surprisingly been one of my best guiding hands despite how much crap people give him. Sure he's a bit slow, as it's really hard to apply acid and it takes a while to generate the Special Attack and Critical Damage, but the payoff is well worth it, as he can give Michael Bay a run for his money for the amount of EXPLOSIVE DAMAGE he can do. Best thing is to generate all of his Buffs, apply acid, and launch an SP2 or SP3 as both can be devastating. No wonder he's a part of Devastator.

Acid isn't really a damaging DoT Debuff but with the other utility it has, it's useful. Especially if you have the maximum amount of Crit Damage Buffs and your dishing out those Criticals. Also he eats Magnus' for breakfast as Acid burns through all of those Resistence Buffs.

Surprised no one has mentioned synergies as they can really enhance his performance. His synergy with Rhinox and Ironhide lengthens his Acid Debuffs, so you have extra time to dish out more damage. He's a Shieldmaster which gives him a tiny power control and increases his Block Proficiency. I've learned that pairing him with a 5 Star Scout or Warrior is beneficial as it increases the chance to land Criticals during Acid or it enhances his already high Critical Damage.

However, there is room for improvement. His Signature Ability really isn't the greatest, as it seems like a less beneficial version of the Shieldmasters synergy. Only benefit is that it generates Buffs faster. And it would be nice for Acid to apply easier for less patient players.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I prefer to throw sp2 upon 6 special buffs. Ditch those unreliable crit damage buffs, then you don't have to worry about wasting another 30 seconds and not being able to land a DOT.