Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

This made my day

FulMetalGrimlokFulMetalGrimlok Posts: 106
edited March 2019 in General Discussion
Ight so there are a lot of times where I get really bored with the game because by the end of each month I’m kicking every bots face in to get more chips in this seemingly endless r&g. I think about going on a long hiatus then all of a sudden I get hit with some godly level of luck and I get motivated again.
Today this happened.
So I just completed hard mode in the Galvatron reforged spotlight and I opened the crystals and end up upgrading a couple guys and I get the monthly milestone of 16 giving me almost enough 5*shards. I forge THIRTY TWO BOTS to get roughly 1000 more. I really really wanted a Hot Rod because I’ve had some 5* upgrade programs waiting around specifically for him. I really wanted to dupe him because his sig makes him significantly stronger (to me) I let it spin out andh8zj4hnk9ofq.png
This genuinely made my day. I could not figure out how I got so lucky. So the point to this is no matter how angry you get at this r&g gamble-fest that is this game’s crystals, you will always get a pull every now and then that will make your day. So don’t just give up and let bad luck get the better of you. ;)

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Congrats!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited March 2019
    You forged 32 bots to get 1000 more 5* shards? But congrats for getting the bot you wish. According to Kabam's usage data, Hot Rod is a certified "no-need-to-buff" bot. So he must be strong at the right hands.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    You forged 32 bots to get 1000 more 5* shards? But congrats for getting the bot you wish. According to Kabam's usage data, Hot Rod is a certified "no-need-to-buff" bot. So he must be strong at the right hands.

Maybe they just don't have ANY data 😂

Congrats though buddy, always good to get what you want

P.S - It's RNG, not R&G. It means random number generator 🤣
  • You forged 32 bots to get 1000 more 5* shards? But congrats for getting the bot you wish. According to Kabam's usage data, Hot Rod is a certified "no-need-to-buff" bot. So he must be strong at the right hands.

I got like 4000 4* shards and I forged a couple 4*s and it was I think I got a total of 1,219 5* shards. I forged 5 4*s and 23 3*s
  • DaveJL wrote: »

Now I feel like an idiot 😂
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    @FulMetalGrimlok could you please help me?

I only have 1 5* warrier. I did lots of research, nobody ever ever put hot rod in a decent spot, nobody ever said he is even a half decent worrier. I want to rank him up but I am very hesitant.

Could you please let me know why got rod is even a viable or even a half decent warrior and why would somebody ever want to rank him up?
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited March 2019
    He is ansolutley a viable option. You can apply decelerate at any point, if they are blocking using specials or just by regular range. When duped, his power gain really helps getting back up to that sp2 which, in my opinion is where you want to be. I do wish is deccelerate would last a bit longer and high a higher chance to proc, but hey.
    edited March 2019
    He is ansolutley a viable option. You can apply decelerate at any point, if they are blocking using specials or just by regular range. When duped, his power gain really helps getting back up to that sp2 which, in my opinion is where you want to be. I do wish is deccelerate would last a bit longer and high a higher chance to proc, but hey.

Do you think scorpion, bone crusher, drift, blungeon all better than hot rod? (Maybe even hound after buffing)
    o2z9lxzx2v4j.png
    2y1cbx3yal4q.png
    4bblu8vg3q0t.png
  • 小龙女 wrote: »

I only have 1 5* warrier. I did lots of research, nobody ever ever put hot rod in a decent spot, nobody ever said he is even a half decent worrier. I want to rank him up but I am very hesitant.

Could you please let me know why got rod is even a viable or even a half decent warrior and why would somebody ever want to rank him up?

His Deceleration doesn't allow opponents to Evade, making him a great option against evade bots. When duped, he can gain a lot of Power from Acceleration, which can help Hot Rod catch up on that power he used real quick.
  • You cannot go off what one person thinks of a bot. It all comes down to how YOU play and like the bot. Are those other ones better I think so, but again it’s all about your team and how youu want to build it. You could hot rod and mirage for a killer combo.
    edited March 2019
    @ScarredArachnid333 @Black_Thought
    Thanks guys.

I see, he has crit rate increase as well. Dang it is not easy to decide if I should rank him up or not, I guess I will hold, getting him dupped will also take a much longer time.

I main bot is rino, and what I love about rino is his shield, megatron ult can one shot a lot of bots, but his shield can basically negate that to like 10% damage. He also have energy steal, and bleed. I think all 3 are killer abilities

I think a good main 5* bot is one that is useful in most situations, has some killer abilities (like shield and eneggy steal and bleed)

So I will pass, most likely not ranking him up ever
    Hot Rod has some nifty combos, but he relies on applying the decelerate debuff from a ranged attack before the melee combo.

You should probably try and every melee combo with a heavy attack due to the stun chance on critical hits. By the end of the combo he has 4 crit rate buffs so it's a good chance, especially vs Scouts.

Then his sp2 does some mega mega damage if you land decelrate before the full melee combo. I think he procs enough crit buffs that the last hit is always a crit?
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I'm 1100 shards from my next 5*, fingers crossed it's bonecrusher or barricade becuase I'd REALLY like them duped
    Guys I just rolled a 5* wasp,,,,,I don’t like him but oh well, at least he has beast synergy with my rino
    Guys I just rolled a 5* wasp,,,,,I don’t like him but oh well, at least he has beast synergy with my rino

Waspinator is a pretty good bot. You just have to keep up those Resistance Debuffs with his specials, which is where his damage comes from. Best is to use his SP2 or to rack up as many Resistance Debuffs you can (up to 4) and use his SP3 (the Resistance Debuffs stay throughout the SP3).

He does act as a double-edged sword, as he gets better as his health gets lower (increased Ranged, increased Special Attack Damage), but the boosts are worth it. There are better Demo options, but it wouldn't hurt to level him up.
    @ScarredArachnid333 thank you for your thoughts! Didn’t notice you gave a wasp profile pic lol....

Btw, would you happen to know how big of a difference does synergy make?

Would you choose to rank up a 5 man beast team or a 5 man any bot you pick that have no synergy? ( guess the later )

I just don’t have any clue how 5 beasts fare against a all star team (g1 meg, op, megatronus blah blah)
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    qpyexnxm4i83.png
    Final 4* i was missing. Yay me!
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    qpyexnxm4i83.png

Congrats, from the sound of it, I am surprised you have like 20 something 5stars, u should have all 4*

Other thing is sounds like you never forge 4*, I assume you only forge 3*
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    小龙女 wrote: »
    qpyexnxm4i83.png

Congrats, from the sound of it, I am surprised you have like 20 something 5stars, u should have all 4*

Other thing is sounds like you never forge 4*, I assume you only forge 3*

I only have 8x 5*. Bad RNG.
    I've only been playing 10 months.
    My roster is tiny.
    All 4*, 8x 5*.
    @ScarredArachnid333 thank you for your thoughts! Didn’t notice you gave a wasp profile pic lol....

Btw, would you happen to know how big of a difference does synergy make?

Would you choose to rank up a 5 man beast team or a 5 man any bot you pick that have no synergy? ( guess the later )

I just don’t have any clue how 5 beasts fare against a all star team (g1 meg, op, megatronus blah blah)

Well, to me, Beast team is probably one of the best teams. You get the Beast Purification Synergy, which purifies DoT Debuffs, and the bots in it a really great, such as Primal, Rhinox, and Scorponok.

However, that's just my opinion, as there are other great teams such as the G1 Megs team, Heralds of Chaos synergy team, there are multiple options. I think it's best for you to test them out and form your own opinion. I hope this helps.
    edited March 2019
    @ScarredArachnid333 Thanks I was more referring to this for a all beast team, I am not sure if those armour and attack rating will be noticeable at all

fbv6kxx51l8e.png

edited March 2019
    @BlackRazak I see, I am planning to do 3* to 4* same bot forging.

Once I have a few really good 5* I will start forging all 4 into 5 (not same bot forging)

Before doing that I would save 40 4* crystal.
    theead hijack or what
    DaveJL wrote: »
    theead hijack or what

At least the thread has more more popular LoL
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    DaveJL wrote: »

RNG = Random Number Generator
    R&G = Rigged and Gross - the perfect adjectives to describe RNG
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    qpyexnxm4i83.png

Still trying to get Drift as a 4* (along with G1 Bee). Have Mixmaster as a 5*, so don’t need him as a 4*.
    @ScarredArachnid333 Thanks I was more referring to this for a all beast team, I am not sure if those armour and attack rating will be noticeable at all

fbv6kxx51l8e.png

Even if those synergies don't seem noticeable to you, it's good to know that every small thing still helps in the long run.

Hot Rod (I think) is underrated because his exclusive debuff Deceleration is very important if your fighting a scout or an evasion mod because it prevents bots from evading. Ranged attack induced it won’t last long but it’ll easily get you a combo or two. Sp2 lasts a bit but Hitting the SP3 will prevent them from evading for quite a while. With his dupe he gets even better because his power rate will skyrocket and you can basically do infinite SP1 if you play your cards right or you can unleash a a SP2 or 3 really quickly. He’s just overlooked because he doesn’t have any bleed attacks like your standard warrior.

Do you think scorpion, bone crusher, drift, blungeon all better than hot rod? (Maybe even hound after buffing)
    o2z9lxzx2v4j.png
    2y1cbx3yal4q.png
    4bblu8vg3q0t.png

It’s more up to your play style rather than anything else. Yes we do have bots in serious needs of buffs like Hound and Mixdaddy but with the Warriors you brought up it’s more or less up to how you want to fight. Bonecrusher is better for fighting if your ok with taking hits. Drift is combo based. Bludgeon has better defense because he has armor buffs. Scorponok is great for all his unique debuffs. I just really like Hot Rod for his anti evade but he’s often overlooked because he doesn’t have any bleed attacks which is considered a staple trait for warriors
  • BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    I'm 1100 shards from my next 5*, fingers crossed it's bonecrusher or barricade becuase I'd REALLY like them duped

Well I wish you luck fren:)