Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Transformers Forged To Fight: combat tips and tricks!

Hiii! This thread is for sharing and learning tips for fighting!

Bot specific tricks aren't the only useable ones here

Have fun!
Tagged:

Comments

• Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    My personal favorite trick for fighting is the following:

Shoot twice if it hits them dash for them if it doesn't sidestep if they dash at you after the sidestep smash em

Rinse and repeat
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Always try positioning yourself at the diameter of the arena. Keep your opponent at their half.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Put at least 1 point in Star Seeker and don't get hit
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Not necessarily a combat tip, but turn off global chat..
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Turn off the blood-boiling music as well. It helps to keep you calm in long fight when you can hear the sound effects clearly.
    I meant real combat tips...

Not turn off global or the music
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    I'd like to add that listening to "The Touch" by Stan Bush, while playing the game, is like having a 2x health and attack boost.
  • One of the most basic tips, but be aware when the screen goes dark, as that is a warning that the Opponent has activated a Special Attack.

Unless, you were the one that activated the Special Attack.
  • A surprisingly useful tip: When you reach 0%, you die.

Y E S
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    One of the most basic tips, but be aware when the screen goes dark, as that is a warning that the Opponent has activated a Special Attack.

on that note.. if you have a sp bar and the AI has an sp bar or near a sp bar - and you tap the sp and the screen goes dark.. block or get ready to dodge because it'll be the AI sp.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    Voltron wrote: »
    One of the most basic tips, but be aware when the screen goes dark, as that is a warning that the Opponent has activated a Special Attack.

on that note.. if you have a sp bar and the AI has an sp bar or near a sp bar - and you tap the sp and the screen goes dark.. block or get ready to dodge because it'll be the AI sp.

Yeah, the AI is very prominent when it comes to BSing Special Attacks.
    Apparently, your tap doesn't render, so eat a special attack.

Also, BS means, uh, Bologna Sandwich. For the Mod's sake.
  • My fav (learned the hard way) tip to give. If an opponent has an evade buff, never follow a knockdown with a combo like usual. You know that evade is coming and there’s a special waiting at the other side. AM cheetor being my target of hate for this one.

Doesn’t matter their % chance to evade, they’ll get that evade. Hell even sideswipe has caught me a few times with a cheeky sp2 from nowhere with his 27%(cough) evade buff
  • A surprisingly useful tip: When you reach 0%, you die.

Y E S
    I mean, 'cept when you rollin' with waspinator.

To be fair to them, turning off Global has helped calm people in the past by not seeing all those messages that usually don't apply to them. Then in turn, at times, the music in the game can certainly impair your ability to focus on a fight if you're trying to stay calm and not get caught up by it.

Personally, I usually turn off music in games to help with my gameplay because at times I unintentionally try to keep up with the music and this can cause issues when I'm trying to actually complete something 100%.

So I do agree that these are tips and tricks to aid in your combat within the game. :)

Are you serious? XD

Dont you support using all the games features?

I turn all sound off personally

• Are you serious? XD

Dont you support using all the games features?

I turn all sound off personally
    Supporting it doesn't mean that I have to forcibly encourage it. So yes, I am serious. If some of you feel the need to have sound off, that's your choice for your own reasons. If you choose to have sound on, again that's your choice for your own reasons. As I said, I play with music off for my own preferences. It also doesn't mean I don't like the music, it just means I made the choice to do so differently from others.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited March 2019

Some of the stuff that I saw come through on global before I turned it off was crazy. It’s very disturbing too when you’re trying to get into game mode. Better off without it.
    Not roleplaying will certainly help you focus on the fight
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Not roleplaying will certainly help you focus on the fight

yes
    My fav (learned the hard way) tip to give. If an opponent has an evade buff, never follow a knockdown with a combo like usual. You know that evade is coming and there’s a special waiting at the other side. AM cheetor being my target of hate for this one.

Doesn’t matter their % chance to evade, they’ll get that evade. Hell even sideswipe has caught me a few times with a cheeky sp2 from nowhere with his 27%(cough) evade buff

^^^^^This^^^^^
    Evaders suck, comboing without a massive evade rate reduction will always get you killed. Even with Drift, I struggled to fight Cheetor

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I have music off and sfx low too. Definitely helps me concentrate.

my tip - if you attack in to a blocking opponent, hit them 3 times and then wait. Often the AI will sidestep, so react quick and finish your combo. They usually try and sidestep again so you can attack again.

If you dodge back from a melee heavy attack you can rush and counter. If you sidestep a ranged heavy attack up close though, you cannot counter (or I never have, reliably).

If you dodge the AI's ranged attacks up close, unless they shoot 3 times, you also cannot attack, so it's always best to sidestep the ranged attack then dodge back
    @DreamBliss just in case you needed help with fighting
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @DreamBliss just in case you needed help with fighting

Hahahah
    And a new phone (or padded walls, thick carpeting)

I KID i kid
    Another decent trick is to constantly dodge and sidestep and when opponents dash at you (if you dodge or sidestep) attack them
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Another decent trick is to constantly dodge and sidestep and when opponents dash at you (if you dodge or sidestep) attack them

Not if said dashing opponent is PULSATING CYCLONUS.
    Only backsteps prevent Dark Field damage
  • Honestly, the best tips to playing this game best is to put on some kickass 80’s music on full blast while playing
    Honestly, the best tips to playing this game best is to put on some kickass 80’s music on full blast while playing

Instruments of Destruction! Tools of power play
  • DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
    edited March 2019
    Someone say cool music?
    https://youtu.be/UcjiYn3xXMg

:D
    This trick takes skill...

When an enemy is dashing at you you can either use a heavy (early dash) a blast then rush (mid-early dash) or a dash and have a 50-50 chance of getting hit (mid-late-early dash)

This is only dash repellent