Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ratchets sp2 needs to finish....

My last 4 AM fights with Ratchet have ended with an sp2 and he has yet to gain the healing benefits from any of them. I understand all healing/buffs/debuffs stop when the opponent is ko'd, but that's an important part of his fighting style.
Tagged:

Comments

• Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    My last 4 AM fights with Ratchet have ended with an sp2 and he has yet to gain the healing benefits from any of them. I understand all healing/buffs/debuffs stop when the opponent is ko'd, but that's an important part of his fighting style.

Yeah that has always bugged me about Rat. Look at tronus' life steal which happens at the beginning of specials (before opponent is KO'd)
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Make the healing happen at the beginning please.
    Or remove the damage from his wrench, lol.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    That sp2 hardly does any damage anyway
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Plus 1 to this, sometimes if the opponent is on their last legs and I need a heal i'll just waste the sp2 from across the screen so I get the health, then finish them off :D
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    @Canuck33 why you keeping changing your profile pic 😆
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    This was my original lol, I just never found one I liked better so going back to my roots. Soundwave FTW
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997

This was discussed way back. I'm not expecting everyone to remember all discussions but mods basically said exactly what you said. Everything stops after KO.

If Rat gets a change, then Tronus would need a change too if he finishes with an sp2/3. Same line of thinking.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752

Sooooo.... Don't end your fight with an sp2.

Problem solved.

• ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    Manthro wrote: »

Problem solved.

That's not the point.

While you may have presented your own version of the solution, which is to time an SP2 before K.O, Dr. Shotgun's situation is that he wants the SP2 Heal to occur during a K.O. The problem is that's not possible, so he's asking for a favorable change for the situation that he is in.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2019

Problem solved.

That's not the point.

While you may have presented your own version of the solution, which is to time an SP2 before K.O, Dr. Shotgun's situation is that he wants the SP2 Heal to occur during a K.O. The problem is that's not possible, so he's asking for a favorable change for the situation that he is in.

It is the point.

You know he won't heal after KO, it's not like this is breaking news.. it's always been this way.

It's not a bug, it's not a glitch. It's how ratchet and the game was designed.

The "problem" was, and I quote:
    My last 4 AM fights with Ratchet have ended with an sp2 and he has yet to gain the healing benefits from any of them.

"He has yet to gain healing from any of them"

Yet? It's not a problem. He never did heal from S2 after KO. It shouldn't be expected that he will.

Ratchet is exceptionally resilient, being the only bot that can heal and power gain on command. Just throw a heavy attack on the next fight, and you'll heal and gain power for a quick S2 anyway.

Every other bot needs a specific circumstance to heal.

He doesn't need to heal on KO at all.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    It's not JUST Ratchet, he's just the specific instance here. Any healing factors, be it Beast synergy, Primals healing, MV1s willpower, etc....if you land that last shot you should gain the benefit from that last shot, especially in a bleed instance...MV1s healing is based on damage output during a bleed (or other dot debuff) so at low health that last shot could be the difference in winning or losing the next round.
    Now, I know you guys love to argue for argument sake, especially the snarky crack about me wanting a favorable outcome for the situation IM in...but it seems you guys are the only one in disagreement and TBH it's become quite the monotonous pattern here....someone says something, you argue it with a crappy remark about "get better" or some BS to that affect.
    Within just a few hours I got 8 people in agreement including a moderator.
    As for Megatronus..I'm not as familiar with his life steal on his sp3 vs his sp2, but I DO know his sp2 gains health during a lot because of how it's timed...so wouldn't really need a change.
    Not arguing with you but just saying this has been discussed (and with mod responses) already. I wanted Rat to heal too before but already moved past that after Kabam said no.

If Tronus' sp2 shot KOs a bot before his punch, then just like Rat there is no heal.

JKL wrote: »
    Not arguing with you but just saying this has been discussed (and with mod responses) already. I wanted Rat to heal too before but already moved past that after Kabam said no.

If Tronus' sp2 shot KOs a bot before his punch, then just like Rat there is no heal.

Oh I wasn't referring to you as the argument issue...just mentioning your Tronus comment...I meant I wasn't as familiar with his sp3 so I couldn't comment much about it..I always go for the sp2 because it's reliable and available faster
    JKL wrote: »

No in fact Tronus steals health from the void: your opponent may have 1 health, Tronus steals his fair share anyway.
  • Manthro wrote: »

Problem solved.

That's not the point.

It is the point.

You know he won't heal after KO, it's not like this is breaking news.. it's always been this way.

It's not a bug, it's not a glitch. It's how ratchet and the game was designed.

The "problem" was, and I quote:
    My last 4 AM fights with Ratchet have ended with an sp2 and he has yet to gain the healing benefits from any of them.

"He has yet to gain healing from any of them"

Yet? It's not a problem. He never did heal from S2 after KO. It shouldn't be expected that he will.

Ratchet is exceptionally resilient, being the only bot that can heal and power gain on command. Just throw a heavy attack on the next fight, and you'll heal and gain power for a quick S2 anyway.

Every other bot needs a specific circumstance to heal.

He doesn't need to heal on KO at all.

No one ever said it was a bug or glitch. Dr. Shotgun acknowledges that Buffs/Debuffs deactivate when a Bot is K.O'd, but the whole point of Ratchet's SP2 is for him to Heal, which is what Shotgun expected, hence why he said "yet".

All Dr. Shotgun is really asking is for a change. A change that will allow Ratchet to Heal even when a Bot is defeated by an SP2 because that's the main point of that Special Attack. I honestly don't think Ratchet needs it, as you've said he's already resilient and can Heal in other ways (also the A.I. can take advantage of this), but this is the point that Dr. Shotgun was addressing.
    I never expected him to heal during the final blown from his sp2..looking back, saying he has "yet" to heal was poor wording..made it sound like I was expecting it. Actually I knew he wouldn't, just as many others don't gain their ability advantage on a final blown...just feel it should be included, especially with those who heal based on damage dealt..the damage was dealt, the heal should be granted.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    Launch your spc2 without hitting the opponent then they'll bounce off of the force field thingy, then finish them. I do that from time to time.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    asparagus wrote: »
    Launch your spc2 without hitting the opponent then they'll bounce off of the force field thingy, then finish them. I do that from time to time.

I do this most of the time but there's some risk to that...if they don't dash, you open yourself up to range attacks once your heal is finish.. worse is a dash attack and then you pretty much lost all of the heal you just gained.

how about fixing his heavy heal instead? the description said when he converts to alt-form
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Voltron wrote: »
    how about fixing his heavy heal instead? the description said when he converts to alt-form

I like the way it is now because I can stop the AI from self-diagnosis heal/power gain.
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Voltron wrote: »

I like the way it is now because I can stop the AI from self-diagnosis heal/power gain.

Exactly. He would be a mess to fight if he started healing/power gaining at the start of a heavy.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Makes no difference if you use Cheetor and heal block him
    What if you don't have cheetor?
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Well Shockwave can heal block too