Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Raid Optional?

lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Can Kabam implement a feature to opt out of RAID?

One uses gold on Away Missions to earn raid chips; your base gets raided enough to the point, you lose the raid chips earned from Away Missions that was saved to buy items from the store.

Surely some players enjoy raid, but I AM NOT one of those. I have been raided 8 times yesterday (not an April Fools' Day joke). I am not a happy camper (pissed to be exact). The raid matching system also stinks, it's a serious mismatch.

All the raiders out there that have invaded my base have pretty much pissed me off.
Tagged:

Comments

• DonApisDonApis Posts: 544

One uses gold on Away Missions to earn raid chips; your base gets raided enough to the point, you lose the raid chips earned from Away Missions that was saved to buy items from the store.

Surely some players enjoy raid, but I AM NOT one of those. I have been raided 8 times yesterday (not an April Fools' Day joke). I am not a happy camper (pissed to be exact). The raid matching system also stinks, it's a serious mismatch.

All the raiders out there that have invaded my base have pretty much pissed me off.

If you don't raid, your base is basically out of Raid radar.
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    I can confirm..@lightningbaron

If you do not raid within 48hrs you are definitely taken out of the raid pool. So if you Aquirre raid chips by means of away missions you have no worries but if you do raid please be prepared for people matched with you to steal and or Aquirre them.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    I only raid back when i get raided. Last 5 people who raided me lost and i got them all back. Also make sure you put your top 3 bots and mods in the middlespots. Then on the sides make sure you put bots that are the same level, same with mods, keep the sides as even as posible and try to put one bot of each class. But you will have to double up on classes for the 7th spot.

ytn004hp8w09.png

Man, you gotta work on your GOLD
  • DonApis wrote: »

That's why I stopped raiding. I used to raid frequently, but it became too much of a chore and wasn't worthwhile due to all of the constant times I would be raided.

So now I just raid just to get the chips that I need for the Store. Or I would raid for events such as the current one.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    DonApis wrote: »

That's why I stopped raiding. I used to raid frequently, but it became too much of a chore and wasn't worthwhile due to all of the constant times I would be raided.

So now I just raid just to get the chips that I need for the Store. Or I would raid for events such as the current one.

I do the same thing. Raid when there are a good items in the store.
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited April 2019
    It tends to be busier during events similar to the current Bumblebee event. I don't usually raid unless someone raids my base.

I do concur that if one does not raid, one is off the raid radar.

"What usually happens when you poke something with a stick? It pokes back." In the context of the game, you raid me, I will revenge back.

Thanks all for your responses and tips. :)

I have decided to empty my raid chips balance by spending on items in raid stores that can be purchased with raid chips. I also keep a low raid chips balance now, let someone raid me, and revenge for profit.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    McBusket wrote: »
    I can confirm..@lightningbaron

If you do not raid within 48hrs you are definitely taken out of the raid pool. So if you Aquirre raid chips by means of away missions you have no worries but if you do raid please be prepared for people matched with you to steal and or Aquirre them.

Not necessarily true. I made this vid a couple months back and was going to post about it, but never got around to it. I guess it’s fitting now.

rjt0uqp34dca.gif
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited April 2019
    The matching system has issues:
    - does not match raider to an opponent that is on the "same level"; that is someone that has played a while being matched to someone with a base defense of less than 1K.
    - if raider is in an alliance, the system on occasions pick an opponent that is in the same alliance; if raider does not read who is the opponent, you have a case of "friendly fire". Imagine if your wife is playing and you raid your wife's base, tomorrow morning may be a divorce. 🤣 Kabam should implement controls to prevent raiding your own "family".

With regards to original post to implement a feature to opt out? Additional controls such as cannot be available until after 24 hours of your last attack, is fair game because this is "revenge period".

@Kabam Miike, @Kabam Vydious, please consider the feature request. If not at least consider implementing a separate "bucket" for raid chips earned from Away Missions. This may add complexity. Thanks for reading. 🙂
  • This shall never be implemented, or be a once-for-all choice.
    Just imagine the following : there's, say, a bee event. You raid like hell for 1 week. At the end, you sit on a 4m raid chips stack. You opt-out and live on your stack till the next event.

My position : remove the raid chips away missions.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    - if raider is in an alliance, the system on occasions pick an opponent that is in the same alliance; if raider does not read who is the opponent, you have a case of "friendly fire". Imagine if your wife is playing and you raid your wife's base, tomorrow morning may be a divorce. 🤣 Kabam should implement controls to prevent raiding your own "family".

Except for raiding your wife — in the game — this is what’s great about it. You can raid your alliance member’s base and then trash talk them. And then laugh when they try to revenge you back and the revenge system fails. It’s all in good fun.