Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Is Ramjet's Unstoppable Busted or Something?

Well you know unstoppable meaning unstoppable, I expect Ramjet to be unstoppable during a heavy.

Well he isn't from what I've seen.......after his heavy animation has started I have already been stopped by both basic melee and basic ranged.

What gives?

Comments

• Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Well you know unstoppable meaning unstoppable, I expect Ramjet to be unstoppable during a heavy.

Well he isn't from what I've seen.......after his heavy animation has started I have already been stopped by both basic melee and basic ranged.

What gives?

You mean at the very start of his heavy attack, just before he comes across for the hit?

He's not unstoppable at that particular point in time
  • Options
    Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    Manthro wrote: »

What gives?

You mean at the very start of his heavy attack, just before he comes across for the hit?

He's not unstoppable at that particular point in time

He kinda has to start flying before he can gain his unstoppable buff.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited April 2019
    That's ridiculous. His description says he is supposed to shrug off the impact of attacks with his heavy so it should apply immediately otherwise what is the point!? Except for very rare cases you can't stop Motormaster once he starts moving so why should Ramjet's be any different, he has the exact same ability.

I know this is Kabamland but am I the only bothered by things that don't work as described?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Now that this update is out any chance you guys can make sure that broken things actually work and things work as described??? You guys claim to read everything, that means nothing if you give no feedback and the broken and inaccurately described stuff is never fixed.

-The All or Nothing mod wasn't fixed.
    -Bots are supposed to be invulnerable during specials (as per Kabam's own tips) yet they can be hit with new DOT debuffs, that's not invulnerable then.
    -I haven't checked if it was fixed with the last update yet, but Megatronus has been out 6 months and he has not been receiving the 5* Tech synergy. Of course you nerfed him but the broken stuff, eh who cares.

It is so disappointing when stuff doesn't work as described.

I restrained myself while writing this otherwise I'm sure I would have immediately received a warning (even though I would be 100% in the right) while my complaints fall on deaf ears. As much as I am a positive person you guys make it hard for me to be positive.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    That's ridiculous. His description says he is supposed to shrug off the impact of attacks with his heavy so it should apply immediately otherwise what is the point!? Except for very rare cases you can't stop Motormaster once he starts moving so why should Ramjet's be any different, he has the exact same ability.

I know this is Kabamland but am I the only bothered by things that don't work as described?

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Now that this update is out any chance you guys can make sure that broken things actually work and things work as described??? You guys claim to read everything, that means nothing if you give no feedback and the broken and inaccurately described stuff is never fixed.

-Bots are supposed to be invulnerable during specials (as per Kabam's own tips) yet they can be hit with new DOT debuffs, that's not invulnerable then.
    -I haven't checked if it was fixed with the last update yet, but Megatronus has been out 6 months and he has not been receiving the 5* Tech synergy. Of course you nerfed him but the broken stuff, eh who cares.

I restrained myself while writing this otherwise I'm sure I would have immediately received a warning (even though I would be 100% in the right) while my complaints fall on deaf ears. As much as I am a positive person you guys make it hard for me to be positive.

The reason he cannot be unstoppable at the very start of the heavy or the return swing is simple...

He would basically be invincible. You could spam perfectly timed heavy attacks and never get countered, and this was actually how ramjet was semi broken before the change.

On the return swing from a heavy attack, countering with ranged simply ended with RJ being able to block them literally before he landed.

He was very difficult to counter once upon a time, but no one noticed because very few used him at the time.

There has to be a window of opportunity. For motormaster, it happens automatically because he can't spam dash ins at close range
  • Options
    RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    O manthro. Ur seriously the biggest tftf nerd I know. So glad u r!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Rocsolid wrote: »
    O manthro. Ur seriously the biggest tftf nerd I know. So glad u r!

The sad part is, I'm pretty sure @Red_Eyes has blocked any correspondence from me, so he won't be able to read the detailed and logical reasoning I painstakingly wrote after seeing how worked up he got.

So please, feel free to copy/paste my response so that he can read it
  • Options
    RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    U r obtuse to say the least Haha. I just now got active in forum so I havent read that yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

The reason he cannot be unstoppable at the very start of the heavy or the return swing is simple...

He would basically be invincible. You could spam perfectly timed heavy attacks and never get countered, and this was actually how ramjet was semi broken before the change.

On the return swing from a heavy attack, countering with ranged simply ended with RJ being able to block them literally before he landed.

He was very difficult to counter once upon a time, but no one noticed because very few used him at the time.

There has to be a window of opportunity. For motormaster, it happens automatically because he can't spam dash ins at close range

I disagree wholeheartedly.

He would not at all be invincible. He doesn't hit on 100% of his heavies and can still take damage when hit. There is still risk in using his heavies.

Right now he can both take damage and be stopped, basically right now you can get screwed out of one his abilities and take damage just the same. The whole point of unstoppable is, to not be stopped potentially with the trade off of taking damage

Motormaster being able to dash in unabated is far more OP than Ramjet.

It doesn't matter if you can't counter with ranged at the end of his heavy, that would be a unique ability. You can't counter Windblade and Cheetor with ranged at the end of their heavies because they would Miss or be evaded. I guess that needs to be changed as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

He would not at all be invincible. He doesn't hit on 100% of his heavies and can still take damage when hit. There is still risk in using his heavies.

Right now he can both take damage and be stopped, basically right now you can get screwed out of one his abilities and take damage just the same. The whole point of unstoppable is, to not be stopped potentially with the trade off of taking damage

It doesn't matter if you can't counter with ranged at the end of his heavy, that would be a unique ability. You can't counter Windblade and Cheetor with ranged at the end of their heavies because they would Miss or be evaded. I guess that needs to be changed as well.

I'll just agree to disagree.

There are some flaws to your argument, but I don't feel like getting into it.

• Options
    edited April 2019

No problem, your choice. There are clear flaws in your arguments and in his description.

Ramjet's heavy has short to medium range so it's not like you can just spam it from anywhere to gain some massive advantage, it takes skill and judgement as to when to use his heavy and to position yourself to use it.

Motormaster takes very little skill, you just go. Why do you think so many noobs use him?? I don't see how someone can suggest that Ramjet is invincible with a true Unstoppable while Motormaster isn't. Motormaster's Unstoppable is so OP that there is a bot specifically to deal with him.
  • Options
    edited April 2019

No problem, your choice. There are clear flaws in your arguments and in his description.

Ramjet's heavy has short to medium range so it's not like you can just spam it from anywhere to gain some massive advantage, it takes skill and judgement as to when to use his heavy and to position yourself to use it.

Motormaster takes very little skill, you just go. Why do you think so many noobs use him?? I don't see how someone can suggest that Ramjet is invincible with a true Unstoppable while Motormaster isn't. Motormaster's Unstoppable is so OP that there is a bot specifically to deal with him.

There are actually 5 bots that easily deal with Motormaster.

UM
    Starscream
    Cyclonus
    Jetfire
    Dinobot

Cyclonus is just the easiest because you only have to stand there. The rest require a bit of timing, but are equally effective.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Magnus has no specific ability for Unstoppable.
    Starscream I think can nullify it but it's not a guarantee.
    Jetfire and Dinobot will take damage. If you consider them bots that "easily" deal with Motormaster then any bot can just sit there and block really, Jetfire and Dinobot just give you some bonus for the damage you take.

When Cyclonus was released the first bot people thought of was Motormaster

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Magnus has no specific ability for Unstoppable.
    Starscream I think can nullify it but it's not a guarantee.
    Jetfire and Dinobot will take damage. If you consider them bots that "easily" deal with Motormaster then any bot can just sit there and block really, Jetfire and Dinobot just give you some bonus for the damage you take.

When Cyclonus was released the first bot people thought of was Motormaster

UM will nullify his attack buffs and then his resistance buffs will tank the damage. Motormaster is a puppy without his attack buffs.

Similar result for Starscream with the added bonus of nullifying the unstoppable on occasion. In fact, the whole reason his synergy with JF was nerfed was because the evade on backstep allowed you to also evade the dash in, making the fight easier than Cyclonus.

Jetfire will stun him on timed blocks and take zero damage with shield masters, making for easy peasy counter combos.

Similar result for dinobot, while he also breaks armour.

Learn more about the game bro.
  • Options
    You are changing the topic now. The issue at hand is Unstoppable.

You really think Dinobot and Jetfire have 100% block proficiency?? Lol.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    You are changing the topic now. The issue at hand is Unstoppable.

You really think Dinobot and Jetfire have 100% block proficiency?? Lol.

You're the one that changed the topic.

And yes, with shield masters, perfect blocks reduce damage to zero.

If you tried it, you would know.

As for Ramjet unstoppable, if you really want to dig into the minutae of it, his unstoppable triggers and deactivates exactly when it is supposed to... During the heavy attack.

When he is transforming to alt mode, he is not attacking, and therefore the hit box isn't active. Thus, he is vulnerable, just like every other bot that can get interrupted during the alt mode animation.

When he flies away he is also not attacking, again the hit box isn't active and therefore unstoppable is not active.

The ability is only active during the attack itself, as it should be.

This is completely different than WB or Cheetor, as their evade abilities are active as long as they are in alt mode. They do not need the hit box active for the skill. However, both are in fact vulnerable during transformation. Try it.

Motormaster triggers the moment he dashes, because that is when it is supposed to trigger. It has nothing to do with the hit box.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I didn't change the topic, I was talking about Ramjet's unstoppable vs. Motormaster's unstoppable to illustrate that Ramjet's false Unstoppable isn't as OP as you think. You started going into all these alternative bots.

If you say so, and "I" need to learn more about the game eh? You might want to read up on the Shieldmasters synergy.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I didn't change the topic, I was talking about Ramjet's unstoppable vs. Motormaster's unstoppable to illustrate that Ramjet's false Unstoppable isn't as OP as you think. You started going into all these alternative bots.

If you say so, and "I" need to learn more about the game eh? You might want to read up on the Shieldmasters synergy.

You might want to try the shieldmasters synergy. I've been using it since day one, I know exactly how effective it is. It's a flat percentage boost to their base block proficiency, so it does give them 100% damage reduction when you put them all together in a squad.

The reason RJ doesn't have an OP skill anymore is specifically because it was slightly balanced to make it not OP.

This happened months and months ago, it's nothing new.

Look... I'm not trying to be right, facetious, or patronizing. You really need to check that chip on your shoulder.

I'm just explaining the game mechanics and why things happen when they do, that's all.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I will admit little experience with the Shieldmasters synergy but the description clearly states that well-timed blocks gain +10% block proficiency. Why would it specify that if they took no damage whatsoever? It would state 100% block proficiency for well-timed blocks. Unless the description is wrong.

Anyways, that is getting off topic. I am trying to be right because I am thoroughly convinced that my position on Ramjet is correct.

Perhaps they were wrong to alter Ramjet. At the very least his description needs to be changed because it is wrong. He doesn't have a true Unstoppable. The only way you can stop a dashing Motormaster with a basic attack is if it is a KO hit or Starscream nullify, very specific cases.

And Motormaster can dash right through ranged heavies, how is that not more OP than Ramjet whose heavy misses at least half the time and has very little range? How is a truly unstoppable heavy, where Ramjet can take damage from ranged attacks, any more OP than Windblade's and Cheetor's heavies who take no damage from ranged attacks? Sorry, but with complete respect, this whole too invincible argument is utter nonsense to me.