Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Double 5*

After completing master and expert difficulty on the challenge, I was finally able to open 2 5* and got these.w28iz0co5ggu.png
Was hoping for primal or mv1 but luckily got Megatron cw as well, was looking for megs for a long time.

Comments

• Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Congrats! You'll love them
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited April 2019
    The problem I have with Hot Rod is that he should be the most OP bot in the game. The dude can literally trap the enemy bot in a time bubble and beat the crap out of ‘em. But does he do that? Nooooo. He just traps them once and gives them a couple slaps. 😏
  • Hut Rud will lead the way
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Hut Rud will lead the way

HIS NAME IS UT RUT!
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Rocsolid wrote: »
    Hot rod has a specific skill set that is very good, but you have to know how to use him.

His specific skill set is overall weakness, if you have another Warrior bot, you are not using hot rod for anything other than forge fodder.

Not true. Do you understand how to play him? I'm not throwing roc's here, but he neutralizes evade bots and his power gain is amazing. He also crits a ton. Trash, lol.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Hot rod has a specific skill set that is very good, but you have to know how to use him.

His specific skill set is overall weakness, if you have another Warrior bot, you are not using hot rod for anything other than forge fodder.

Not true. Do you understand how to play him? I'm not throwing roc's here, but he neutralizes evade bots and his power gain is amazing. He also crits a ton. Trash, lol.

The point is he is trash compared to other warrior bots that are easy to obtain. For example, why would you waste resources on hot rod if you have Bludgeon or Scorponok?

Yes I know how to play with him, unfortunately he is an extremely weak bot overall. He is one of the worst base defenders in the game, and higher level missions give him fits. He is average synergized with the right bots in AM. All in all he is trash like I said.

Wait till you're on scout skirmish...

The point is he is trash compared to other warrior bots that are easy to obtain. For example, why would you waste resources on hot rod if you have Bludgeon or Scorponok?

Yes I know how to play with him, unfortunately he is an extremely weak bot overall. He is one of the worst base defenders in the game, and higher level missions give him fits. He is average synergized with the right bots in AM. All in all he is trash like I said.

Cant compare rod to scorp. Rod neutralizes every evade bot in the game. His power gain is nearly top in the game(arcee is best). Blud can be good, but you have to rely on buffs and crit to hit that massive sp hit. Scorp is very good mind you, but he doesnt neutralize bots the way rod does.
    I ran him in top 10 for months in old map 3(till 5* arcee r4). There are also many on the top 10 that run him.
    While rod may not fit your playstyle, he isnt trash.
    Rod requires shoot first and ask questions later, old map3 cheetor railer. If you would like to see dominator Rod, add me on line and I'll share some awesome vids of him(old 4* vids). Tag raider1hater1.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Congrats man Megatron and Hot Rod have excellent abilities
    Hot Rod is the evade cancel Master, and Megatron is one of the best what a bot 👍
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897

Cant compare rod to scorp. Rod neutralizes every evade bot in the game. His power gain is nearly top in the game(arcee is best). Blud can be good, but you have to rely on buffs and crit to hit that massive sp hit. Scorp is very good mind you, but he doesnt neutralize bots the way rod does.
    I ran him in top 10 for months in old map 3(till 5* arcee r4). There are also many on the top 10 that run him.
    Rod requires shoot first and ask questions later, old map3 cheetor railer. If you would like to see dominator Rod, add me on line and I'll share some awesome vids of him(old 4* vids). Tag raider1hater1.

You can compare any of the same class bots to one and other, and that’s the point here.

Hot rod is literally better at one thing over bludgeon and scorp, and that’s power gain. So like I said for AM I give him the slight nod, everywhere else he is weaker than other bots in his class. I didn’t even mention Arcee who is also clearly superior to him as well.

Every bot has their advantage, I wouldn’t argue with @Rocsolid I know that guy he’s a professional sod rod player pretty sure he knows what he’s talking about 😎👊
  • Beastdad wrote: »

You can compare any of the same class bots to one and other, and that’s the point here.

Hot rod is literally better at one thing over bludgeon and scorp, and that’s power gain. So like I said for AM I give him the slight nod, everywhere else he is weaker than other bots in his class. I didn’t even mention Arcee who is also clearly superior to him as well.

Yes, you can compare them as warriors but individually they’re very different. HR is purely for anti evade and crits aplenty. The only comparable one to that is drift, or to an extent, bonecrusher if duped. Bludgeon and scorpy aren’t fair comparisons as they serve very different utility.

The game would be bland if all warriors done the same, all tacts done the same etc. Variety is good. It gives balance to the game
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Hot Rod can pile on truly ridiculous levels of burst damage when his ranged shots decelerate the opponent, and simply placing a decelerate debuff removes any current evade buffs and prevents more from being added. He's an unholy terror when unleashed on most scouts and Tact Bee, not to mention his SP2 hits like a flaming comet if you can peg them with decelerate before comboing into it. Bludgeon or Scorp are versatile and do a lot of things well, but Hot Rod does a few things phenomenally. He's far from trash (that would be Hound)
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    Congradulations!

Megs is good, and Hot Rod is good on base defence.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    JKIN wrote: »
    Congradulations!

I don't think Hot Rod is good as base defender. He is better as attacker.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    JKIN wrote: »
    Congradulations!

He's pretty annoying on EMI modules

The game would be bland if all warriors done the same, all tacts done the same etc. Variety is good. It gives balance to the game

I'm not arguing that fact. If you have only a certain amount of resources, there are just certain bots that are worth using those precious resources on over others, that's my point. As someone who has max forged almost every 4* bot over the years, it's not hard to see which bots are the best for which situation, and which are just the best overall.

Having all the 4* maxed out doesnt mean you know how to use him. Old map cheetor laid down to him. We can agree to disagree, however, with what I'm reading in this thread I do no believe you really learned how to use him.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    He's not attacking you, but he is right that based on what you've written, you may not have utilized hotrod to his full potential. Hotrod is not trash, he excels in many areas that other warriors do not. If you don't like to build him towards a team or doesn't fit your playstyle, his overall value as a good warrior bot will not get diminished.

Congrats on the pulls by the way, Megatron is a great bot to have!
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited April 2019
    There is a difference between using a bot 'many times and not getting the right results, and understanding and the utilizing their abilities correctly. It's not a cop out, it's given deduction based on what you've written. Various people in the thread have given you examples of why he's good, and the role he fulfills whereas you simply fall back to your argument of using hotrod 'many times' you've used him as some sort of point to conclude hes trash.

• Hut Rud will lead the way

HIS NAME IS UT RUT!

No. His name is HUT RUD!

I'm not arguing that fact. If you have only a certain amount of resources, there are just certain bots that are worth using those precious resources on over others, that's my point. As someone who has max forged almost every 4* bot over the years, it's not hard to see which bots are the best for which situation, and which are just the best overall.

Having all the 4* maxed out doesnt mean you know how to use him. Old map cheetor laid down to him. We can agree to disagree, however, with what I'm reading in this thread I do no believe you really learned how to use him.

And what I am reading is, you do not know how to compare items to determine which is best overall, and which is best only in a certain instance. You are entitled to your opinion, but trying to attack me for not knowing how to play is foolish. Notice I have not done that to you once, but it's been in the back of my mind all along.

I use a bot and learn how to use him or her properly based on their package and determine if their pro's fit my playstyle.
    BC - one of his pros is that he gives bleeds when hit, I try not to get hit. If you land a bleed it helps with evasion bots-prefer consistent evasion counter or none at all
    Blud - fantastic damage if his buffs are on, however i dont like his movements and prefer consistent damage
    Sod rod - pew pew domination. Nuf said
    Drift - good bot, would have r4 him if I duped him first over arcee. However, his evade prevent is based on chance and isnt a guarantee. Prefer consistent
    Arcee - high damage, sig gives chance for evade 100% prevent. This is the all or none referenced above.
    I am not attacking you, but I've been around the block. I've been in top 10 ally holding my own for a year and a half. Used hot rod for a long time, against an evade bot he is the best bot in the game. If he doesnt fit your playstyle, he doesnt. This doesnt make him trash, it just makes him 'not your bot'.
  • iBKiBK Posts: 200
    8wb6u2pzt83z.png
    m09e5osycdoz.png

My two newest 5*s, courtesy of Thundercracker missions! I've never really used either of these bots before so I'm looking forward to seeing if they're any good or not.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    iBK wrote: »
    8wb6u2pzt83z.png
    m09e5osycdoz.png

My two newest 5*s, courtesy of Thundercracker missions! I've never really used either of these bots before so I'm looking forward to seeing if they're any good or not.

Both are great bots. Congrats on those great pull.
    iBK wrote: »
    8wb6u2pzt83z.png
    m09e5osycdoz.png

Both are great bots. Scream is a specialized bot though. If you PM me on line I can share some vids of how to use scream. raider1hater1 is my tag. Ky scream is 80 forge r4