Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

I truly thought we were past this issue

Seems since the update bots have started defying physics again. Triggering specials from a laying position, shrugging off ranged shots, or ranged shots just ghosting through them...hell I even had OG prime trigger an sp3 on me the other day while I hit him...the critical damage number literally showed in the sp3 animation.
I understand that we need more difficult content for stronger players, but if Kabam feels the only way you can make it harder is to start the cheat streak again, then the think tank needs a refresh.
We had this issue fixed a while back but it has seemed to start all over again.

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, I've noticed a few issues cropping up. Trying to dash in against ratchet when he uses a heavy against the wall always seems to miss, same with arcee and sp1. Irritating on shock block lane in AM because the next hit results in getting shocked

the ghosting through ranged shots seems to happen when i shoot and side step immediately
  • Hey gang -

Can we post device information along with OS, please? Getting this information really helps us in investigating issues. Videos would also be really beneficial too if you can get those.
    iphone 7 plus, latest ios
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Whenever we join the Alliance Mission we get kicked off the App, Arena is doing the same issue
    I’m on an Apple IPad 6th generation IOS 12.2 update
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited April 2019
    @DrShotgun the only thing OG Prime can't seem to evade is Galvatrons' SP3.
    He has a habit of EVADING SP2 after taking the first whack.
    Another SUPREME EVADER:
    PRIMAL.
    Whom now evades Cyclonus' SP1 sword after eating the headbutt. On a Nightbird mod.
    ALSO
    Megatronus on RR takes the cannon swipe of Galvatron's SP2, but evades the blast and counters with SP3.

In AM, the ranged reflect isn't enough for Kabam, who've now also added evade against Barricades' 2nd part of SP2, and amusingly gets hit by G1 Meg's SP1's first hit, then magically BLOCKS the second.

Happened so often i can't even remember which bot I'm up against.

Shame they won't do the same when I'm in control.

How RUDE

Oh yeah latest device, latest OS, latest chipset from any manufacturer you care to imagine.
    Pfft
    @Kabam Vydious
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited April 2019
    My device is an OPPO R17 pro.
    Seem to be having an issue with sticky feet also...on all bots. I thought maybe it was because I had a poor signal but I had a very good signal yesterday and it still happened
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    I've had a lot of these happen to me, minus the AM stuff--evading, ghosting through stuff, etc.. Probably one of the most frustrating is stunning MV2 Megs and his Unstoppable kicks in and frees him from the stun--happens with Barricade, his evade triggering to bring him out of the stun, even while "stun" is still floating above his head!

More annoying than that, for me at least, is running through the easy stuff with my 5* 4/40 Bludgeon and coming across some 2* or 3* bot with around 6k less power just blasting away ducking and dodging like some top end player while my bot is standing around just taking the hits and eating heavy attacks like they were being fed to him! 99% of the time its 1-3 hits and they're done (I'm thinking it should just be 1 hit most of the time), but every so often some bot comes along like the Ip Man of 2*s or 3*s and my bot can't do crap to hit him!

Up to last week--LG Stylo 4+, latest everything.

This week, Samsung Galaxy S10+, absolutely latest everything.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    @BlackRazak if it's on Nightbird, it's how it works. That mod helps evade anything that's not sp3.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Thanks @KillMasterC .
    Thought the mod just upped ranged and killshot damage.
    It's just I've never had issues killing up to 11K Primal, till 8.0
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Thanks @KillMasterC .
    Thought the mod just upped ranged and killshot damage.
    It's just I've never had issues killing up to 11K Primal, till 8.0

Damn, I hope you've never encountered any 11001 Primals before 8.0 mate!

Back on topic though, noticing a lot more air shots too.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Eh, it's how the AI has always been programmed. At high levels (and occasionally at lower ones) the AI puts in a whole string of commands at the same time. For a human player, the game restricts commands to active only after X frames of animation have completed the prior command. For the AI, putting in several commands at once allows them to bypass these frame-data restrictions and do absurd things like dash into blocks, have unpunishable specials and heavies, throw specials while your first is still in their face, and "ghost" through projectiles (as far as I can tell, their hitbox jumps past it as they skip frames). It's not as horrible as it used to be, but it's been there since launch and it'll never go away completely.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    I agree. One thing I love is how whenever the AI is power gaining, it can fire SP3 before the red bars even light up.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited April 2019
    CandKane wrote: »
    throw specials while your first is still in their face.

Against the Bludgeon on path 4 in the Thundercracker challenge.....at one point my bot's fist was right in Bludgeon's face and then, I kid you not, Bludgeon's AI overpowered my bot and he started hitting me. He had no leverage, his melee was coming from below my melee.

• CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    CandKane wrote: »
    throw specials while your first is still in their face.

Against the Bludgeon on path 4 in the Thundercracker challenge.....at one point my bot's fist was right in Bludgeon's face and then, I kid you not, Bludgeon's AI overpowered my bot and he started hitting me. He had no leverage, his melee was coming from below my melee.

For me, it was Mirage, also during the Thundercracker gauntlet. I was halfway through a combo and suddenly Mirage is hitting me as though he'd tossed out an Unstoppable buff. It only happened once, but it was still kinda jarring.
    My question is, since the game is basically cheating again and the Thundercracker even has 2 days left, how will Kabam remedy this?
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    I'm seeing the same thing, also during the Thundercracker missions. Bludgeon and Hound both interrupted my combo to counterattack. I've seen lots of ranged shots ghosting through opponents as well. Verrrry irritating.
    @Kabam Vydious is there any word on this issue since Thunderstruck is ending like today??
    I understand it being difficult, but there's a huge difference in hard and bad code. If players are landing combos and opponents are countering when they shouldn't be able to, that's an issue and has zero to do with "skill"
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    edited April 2019
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious is there any word on this issue since Thunderstruck is ending like today??
    I understand it being difficult, but there's a huge difference in hard and bad code. If players are landing combos and opponents are countering when they shouldn't be able to, that's an issue and has zero to do with "skill"

Kabam still don't address the issue with Life Steal mod, so, it is safe to assume that they need more time to fix this issue.
    @DonApis The issue with it not giving the proper amount of health back?
    @DonApis The issue with it not giving the proper amount of health back?

Yes. Inqosly did mentioned in one of his video that the amount of health back not properly given when apply special.
    @Kabam Vydious today during Master spotlight, Hound literally started the fight with an sp1. He had not 1 ounce of power built up. The fight began and BAM...sp1 before I could even get one shot off He also triggered an sp3 with only 2 bars of power.
    How is this not being fixed already? Players are literally spending money in order to get past these bugs.
    @Kabam Vydious today during Master spotlight, Hound literally started the fight with an sp1. He had not 1 ounce of power built up. The fight began and BAM...sp1 before I could even get one shot off He also triggered an sp3 with only 2 bars of power.
    How is this not being fixed already? Players are literally spending money in order to get past these bugs.

How many times you encounter this? A gameplay when this happened can be a great help to Kabam.
    @DonApis only once this round. The most common things I'm seeing in opponents able to raise a block mid combo that shouldn't be able to (not evaders), and bots ghosting through ranged shots and triggering specials while being hit.
    This game is all about timing and skill, but when you begin factoring in things like opponents who can cheat the timing then you've just totally changed the game mechanics
    Another regular thing I see is my bots just freezing mid combo. They're rocking along then just...stop. It's as if the AI was programmed to think "it's time I catch up" so my bot freezes and the AI is ready for it immediately.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    I assume most problems come from particular android phones?

I play on iOS, either I am just not good and never noticed anything or I just don’t notice anything wrong