Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Small pet peeve QoL suggestion

Something small but irritating has always bothered me in the game.

We all get phone calls mid fight, or have to pause gameplay for various reasons like being attacked by 50 pissed off non binary gender neutral skunks while sitting on the park bench in some very crucial battles.

While most players are savvy enough to hit pause mid special attack, allowing for a moment to readjust to the fight without being thrust directly into the fray when we hit resume.... Situations arise when we don't have the option to do so.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious is there any possibility of introducing a 3s countdown timer after the resume button is pressed, so we have a moment to see/remember what the heck is happening at that particular point in time.

It's frustrating to be in a pivotal battle only to get crushed by some combo or special attack we could have otherwise avoided had we not had the need to pause the game at an inopportune time.

Would be something I'm betting the player base will greatly appreciate.

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Yep I'd appreciate this. I feel the same way
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    What works for me is assuming that after every resume, I am being attacked by the AI, no matter what was happening pre-pause. I am usually correct 95% of the time. Maybe they can have a screen fade-in during the countdown or something? I know they'd need to balance abuse of the feature with its functionality.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited April 2019
    Not sure how that'd be helpful could you elaborate?
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Yep I'd appreciate this. I feel the same way

Yeah man.. them skunks can be vicious.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

Start a high level fight, somewhere in the middle of the battle and not during a special attack animation, pause the game and go get a juicebox, come back, unpause, and likely before you can do anything, you'll be in the middle of eating a combo from the AI.

If there's a delay before the fight resumes, you'll have a better chance at reacting to what the computer is doing. Not sure if three seconds would be too long of a delay or what, though...
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Those damn skunks
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Darm0k wrote: »

Start a high level fight, somewhere in the middle of the battle and not during a special attack animation, pause the game and go get a juicebox, come back, unpause, and likely before you can do anything, you'll be in the middle of eating a combo from the AI.

If there's a delay before the fight resumes, you'll have a better chance at reacting to what the computer is doing. Not sure if three seconds would be too long of a delay or what, though...

I'd say 1 1/2 seconds would suffice...and I see your point