Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Megatronus, RR, and bugs

I'm just gonna get straight to the point: Robotronus is a bugged, broken, piece of garbage that makes raids challenging by forcing you to spin the slot machine to see how many bots you'll lose to him. His "nerf" did nothing to actually nerf him, and his interaction with Robot Resource isn't working the way the math says it should. RR+Megatronus, per their written descriptions, generate 3.2% of max power every second. Thus, it will take roughly 31 seconds to hit max charge.
That's not what happens. Megatronus hits a new power bar every 6-7 seconds (timed it off of the raid timer at the top of the screen). So at best 21 seconds to full charge, at worst 18.
But that's not all!
He's charging power faster than any other bot in the game possibly can, except maybe Arcee after a string of crits. You can't bait him, because all he's doing is waiting for an S3 charge. Once that happens, he can take between roughly 85% of your life bar (an equally leveled Prowl) to 49% (slightly higher level Grimlock). And by the time the animation is over, his S1 is charged because of the bugged RR mod. Finally, these numbers changed by roughly 2% post "nerf" so yay I guess? He's still got more health and more base attack power than 95% of the bots in the game. It's still a race to power drain him faster than he gains it back, or just try to deal as much damage as possible until you die.
I get it, raids weren't all that challenging for the top players who could walk into a 75k base with 2 stars and steal everything, but this is NOT the way to go about fixing it. The raid meta is literally Robotronus. That's it. No other bot/mod combination (well, maybe BC/HA) is this cheap. Unlike BC/HA, there's not a single bot in the game that can nullify or work around it thanks to his Relics.
Okay guys, tell me why I'm wrong.

Comments

• TheBeastInsideTheBeastInside Posts: 429
    edited April 2019
    Skip bases with Tronus, @CandKane, or just rank up any power control bot that suits your team.
    End of the story.

I favour Rhinox, but prowl is fine too. Or the tech shark.
    Note that scorponok is also fun to play against bot with a high tendency to use specials.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    Beastdad wrote: »
    You should not be trying to raid my base, Tronus doesn't like that.

I'll keep that in mind, he seemed angry last time I saw him.
  • Oh, yeah, you're wrong.
    There are other painful combination in raid.
    And dozens of threads about Tronus RR.

Sooo. Rank up your Tronus if you have one : you will maybe stop complaining. If not, see previous post ;-)
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited April 2019
    CandKane wrote: »

You're not wrong.. per se.

You just suck.

There are plenty of ways to counter robotronus.

Rhinox - power burn/lock
    Mirage - power burn
    JF - power lock
    KB - power leak, heavy nullifies power charge
    Prowl - power drain
    WB - power failure, stops RR
    Barricade - power steal/power lock (with Grindor)

Jazz - confusion + S3 lockout using s2
    Primal - stack armour and tank damage
    Tantrum - extreme damage dealer, use S3
    Starscream - nullifies RR
    Megatronus - power steal
    Shockwave - power drain

How many options do you need? There's probably more.

Git gud.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Manthro wrote: »

You just suck.

Rhinox - power burn/lock
    Mirage - power burn
    JF - power lock
    Prowl - power drain

Megatronus - power steal
    Shockwave - power drain

Git gud.

While there are plenty of options, I said from the start that as people max the sig on him it gets more ridiculous and like a game of chance. Personally I have no real problem and he’s on my base but that doesn’t mean it’s not broken. Many of the power control bots rely on debuffs and many times I’ve had his sig near constantly activated which includes Jazz’s confusion. Personally I think his sig should alternate along with the relic to block buffs and then debuffs but then everyone here will have a fit. I don’t find him fun or use him so whatever.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited April 2019

You just suck.

Rhinox - power burn/lock
    Mirage - power burn
    JF - power lock
    Prowl - power drain

Megatronus - power steal
    Shockwave - power drain

Git gud.

Do you enjoy putting down and contesting people as much as you do? Jeez. Just because certain bots have power control abilities that doesn't mean that in reality they are effective against Robotronus.

I raid with a max rank and max forge 4* Rhinox on a Beast team and sometimes no matter how perfect of a fight I have, I'll still end up eating an SP3 and that happens even against 4* Robotronuses. Sometimes the AI gets you no matter what. It's not always about gitting gud.

Not everybody has stacked up 5* bots to raid with and I'm not even going to begin to address your list, there are some good ideas but yeah.

kranders already mentioned his signature. You try buffing your bot or debuffing a Robtotronus who gets that Relic every single time or like 90% of the time, even though he supposedly only has, at most, a 65% chance to get it.

I'm not complaining about Robotronus, just stating facts and describing reality.
  • If you think RoboTronus is a bug, start by removing it from your base.
    I did that weeks ago.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718

You just suck.

Rhinox - power burn/lock
    Mirage - power burn
    JF - power lock
    Prowl - power drain

Megatronus - power steal
    Shockwave - power drain

Git gud.

You're always such a bright ray of sunshine aren't you? I swear, 95% of your posts are just tearing other people down for not playing the game your way. Honestly at this point I think I preferred MustangJon.
  • Sorry, you may not like Manthro's tone, nor mine.
    But he's right, and constructive, giving solutions.
    Again. Cause there are many posts like that.

It's not about playing his way. It's about finding a solution to a problem that's not really one.
    Yeah. RoboTronus sucks. It might kill you a bot. Or 2. But well. You won't find much than 2 RoboTronus on a base. You will have enough bot(s) to defeat it. And if not, use some of the useless kits they give in arena. Or, just lose a raid. End of the story.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Sorry, you may not like Manthro's tone, nor mine.
    But he's right, and constructive, giving solutions.
    Again. Cause there are many posts like that.

It's not about playing his way. It's about finding a solution to a problem that's not really one.
    Yeah. RoboTronus sucks. It might kill you a bot. Or 2. But well. You won't find much than 2 RoboTronus on a base. You will have enough bot(s) to defeat it. And if not, use some of the useless kits they give in arena. Or, just lose a raid. End of the story.

They're not all practical solutions and telling someone they suck is not constructive. Sometimes Robotronus is just a slot machine based entirely on luck, that doesn't mean a player sucks.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    He didn’t say they were all practical but a lot of people act like there is only one solution. Even I did at first. IMHO it’s as broken as the original BC/HA combo but even this has more potential solutions. Mirage is a good option and partially gets around the sig issue. Prowl is not a good option. Mirage/Jazz/WJ are probably the better options. If you struggle with him then Tantrum is better to bring than Grimlock. I still use him a lot and he can often effectively kill him without triggering his invulnerability.

Start timing your damage on his attack buff and especially trying not to trigger his invulnerability. Galvatron/Tantrum/Cyclonus are an extremely good raid team these days.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited April 2019
    Everyone is right in some aspect here. There are counters (several), the math/power gain doesn’t work as described, and the AI is random of which there is a version where you will get SP3’d.

What isn’t right in all the conversation is saying someone “sucks” — certainly Manthro’s point could have been stated more diplomatically. In the end, it’s his right to speak his mind just like its mine to say it’s not right to use derogatory verbiage.

Back on topic since these threads are endless, I do try to leave at least a tip or two for someone who may be struggling.

Tip 1: Charge stacks of 5 or more with Shocky’s SP1, heavy, or light ranged is enuf to reverse Tronus’s Power Gain, not just slow it down. Considering you can configure a Raid team where Shocky starts off with 6 and can get to 9 (in the rare case that Tronus shoots), RR-Tronus can be neutralized in a manner that he never reaches SP3.

Tip 2: I agree that there are times that he just won’t shoot or be baited into his SP but I find that playing agressively with any Tech will change that AI.

edited April 2019
    Peace on Earth! (Even the flat version)

2a262670jhgc.jpeg
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    If he sucks, he sucks. Diplomacy has nothing to do with it and while he may not like being told he sucks, he'll probably admit it (to himself) that he does suck, at least as far as RR+Megatronus. So what? Gonna call Manthro a bully now too? OP threw out some facts, but the rest of his post is a main course of bitching with a big bottle of whine to wash it down with. If he sucks, he needs to hear it. So what if its considered derogatory by some and straightforward honesty by others? That's the problem with a lot of people these days, they're feelings are too delicate to handle hearing anything 'derogatory'.

Plenty of solutions (that the OP apparently couldn't or didn't figure out himself--since if he did figure out a solution, this thread wouldn't exist) were presented, with plenty of others adding their own. The exact bot and power level doesn't matter. I've taken out Megatronus+RR with my 4* 3/30 Tantrum (5/50 currently, so M+RR isn't too much of a problem), took him down from 47% health to 0% courtesy of one SP3 that he couldn't feed me fast enough! And Tantrum can take the hits too. Another good bot for tanking Megatronus' SP2 and SP3 is Bludgeon (pun intended). Granted my Bludgeon is 5* and a bad a$$ but he ate an SP3 and it did less than 20% damage and I'd swear to seeing Bludgeon look like he was laughing after M hit him with his SP2! SP2s aren't that bad either and his SP1s just tickle, with Bludgeon. My Windblade (4* 4/40 and recently 5/50) has shut him down before too. Her SP1 is great for messing him up and her SP2 really lays down the damage, but she really can't handle a hard hit from him. But I've never had a problem baiting him to keep from getting shut down by his SP3.

And, just throwing this out there for fun, I've beaten M+RR with my 4* Dinobot! That's not to say the fight is easy. Its annoying as heck for sure, but so what? There's going to be annoying fights and fights that suck. That's part of the game. There's nothing wrong with venting and even some complaining, but the OP's first post reads like he didn't even try to figure out a solution, like he just threw his bots at him and hoped one would eventually beat M+RR. Just like he didn't put any thought into his post.

Megatronus does NOT have more health and attack than 95% of the bots in the game. Not even close. My 5* 1/10 Megatronus has roughly the same health and attack as 5* 1/10 MV1 Optimus and Motormaster, some of my 4*s, my 5* 2/20 Shockwave is about the same in health but almost 300 attack points higher, etc., etc. And if he's regularly doing 85% damage to the OP's bots, then use tougher bots, or level up those weak ones. Maybe don't use 3* bots against him. I don't know. Whatever.

This discussion could have turned out so very different in tone if it would have started with something like, "Hey guys, Megatronus + RR is kicking my butt. I raid with Bot X, Bot Y, and Bot Z. Does anyone have some pointers that could help?" Yeah, I started here complaining too, but that tapered off and I started asking for advice and figuring things out on my own too.
    “So what if its considered derogatory by some and straightforward honesty by others?”

That was the point of my comment. So what if I think it’s derogatory and someone else thinks it’s straightforward. To each her/his own is what I could’ve said I guess.

“That's the problem with a lot of people these days, they're feelings are too delicate to handle hearing anything 'derogatory'”

That problem has been around since humans came into existence. It’s not new or linked to “these days” — what is new is that we now have media to express those feelings. Combine that with how prevalent internet communication is and of course it feels like something unique to current times or a generation. That’s what happens when you see something more often. It feels like it just developed.

I want to be clear that in no way do I think this is a bullying situation either. I simply wanted to play peacekeeper among my friends in this thread and also find a random reason to post the flat earth turtle image that Manthro shared with me awhile back in a separate chat.

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I think the point of this post is this: just like the life steal mod, the R/R mod is not working properly. You shouldn't be building power AS you're burning power. That means the sp3 animation is literally working double against you because if the 85% of power you just lost wasn't bad enough, he's gonna immediately nail you with an sp1 from the power he just gained while burning the rest of his power because his sp3 has a long animation.
    He is broken and no matter how many counters he might have, it doesn't mean he doesn't need to be fixed.
    That's like buying a new car that's all messed up and the salesman telling you there are lots of other options you have for transportation.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    I think Megatronus himself needs more of a nerf anyways. He makes the game a whole heck of a lot easier for the person playing as him.

Now for tronus + RR, well I agree that it is a tough and annoying combination, but I’m indecisive about where I stand at the moment. Currently he doesn’t cause me to lose any raids, so that just makes raids a bit of a hassle. So unless they continue to make raids harder, he will just be an annoyance of time. When they do make raids harder I would advocate for a fix to tronus and robo resource simply to put them in line with other tough combinations.

So my opinion on the topic would be to leave tronus and RR interaction alone until raids continue to become tougher. Then fix it to make it work properly. However I think Megatronus is way to strong and the bot needs a nerf. Go ahead and tell me that I’m a noob like the people on global chat when I say nerf tronus.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited April 2019
    Summary:
    THINGS NOT WORKING AS DESCRIBED.

But that's the ENTIRETY of F2F.

Look at the amount of treads reporting bugs, glitches, flaws.

We're lucky this is primarily F2P. Can't imagine the official complaints with the authorities if it were a PAID product.

Wait a sec. People PAY for stuff!

This is America. If Kabam weren't American based (i know, netmarble=Korea), imagine the outrage and bad press.
    edited April 2019

You just suck.

Rhinox - power burn/lock
    Mirage - power burn
    JF - power lock
    Prowl - power drain

Megatronus - power steal
    Shockwave - power drain

Git gud.

You're always such a bright ray of sunshine aren't you? I swear, 95% of your posts are just tearing other people down for not playing the game your way. Honestly at this point I think I preferred MustangJon.

The tone of my response is directly related to the tone of your post.

You challenged the entire community to tell you why you were wrong, and there's no nice way to tell you that you're not playing well after reading a rant like that.

You're not thinking of skillsets and what will work best against him. You're just bashing your head against the wall trying the same thing over and over and driving yourself insane.

If me telling you to git gud and try other bot options stops this cycle for you, then I'm glad.

I won't apologize for using shock therapy.
    edited April 2019
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

You just suck.

Rhinox - power burn/lock
    Mirage - power burn
    JF - power lock
    Prowl - power drain

Megatronus - power steal
    Shockwave - power drain

Git gud.

Do you enjoy putting down and contesting people as much as you do? Jeez. Just because certain bots have power control abilities that doesn't mean that in reality they are effective against Robotronus.

I raid with a max rank and max forge 4* Rhinox on a Beast team and sometimes no matter how perfect of a fight I have, I'll still end up eating an SP3 and that happens even against 4* Robotronuses. Sometimes the AI gets you no matter what. It's not always about gitting gud.

Not everybody has stacked up 5* bots to raid with and I'm not even going to begin to address your list, there are some good ideas but yeah.

kranders already mentioned his signature. You try buffing your bot or debuffing a Robtotronus who gets that Relic every single time or like 90% of the time, even though he supposedly only has, at most, a 65% chance to get it.

I'm not complaining about Robotronus, just stating facts and describing reality.

1st off, I don't "get off" on putting people down. As I stated, my tone is directly related to the tone of the original post.

It was a tirade of epic proportions, and a gauntlet was thrown down challenging the entire community to tell him why he's wrong. He literally asked for it.

The reason was because he sucks for not expanding his options and trying other bots. He believed there was only one raid team meant for raids and kept repeating the same failure over and over driving him mad.

If what I said brings that cycle to an end, great.

2nd... If you can't beat Megatronus with Rhinox you are definitely doing something wrong. Especially if you are getting hit by an S3 with your shields down. You are correct, you sometimes can't avoid the S3 but rhinox is built to mitigate the damage and survive.

It doesn't have to be pretty, you just have to beat him.

The era of cruising through raids undamaged is gone. Get over it.

Sometimes people need a slap in the head, or they won't listen to reason.
    edited April 2019
    Here's another tip...

Look ahead on the raid base for what your next matchups are.

Figure out which of your three bots is expendable and use him as fodder to wear down Megatronus as much as possible, regardless if it's a good matchup or not.

Then use the actual bot you brought along to take him out.

Not only will you make things easier on yourself, you will also develop better skills in the fight because you're not relying on ability sets to take down Megatronus. It's pure individual fighting skills.

Your game will improve as a result, and soon you'll be using Hound to perfect raids.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited April 2019
    j7pg4s91x47p.jpeg

Guys this is my megatronus, if you see my base, RUN!

Or your will go home and cry to your mama

A sweat sesession is your 100% gauranteed satisfaction if you think a sauna session is not enough

Did I say enough already?

Should I say more?

My megatronus is laughing at your in my base waiting for you to have the worst day of your life!

My megatronus willl turn your Good Friday into Black Friday, and be warned, even if you purchase another 100k energons, my megatronus will still be laughing at you while you crumble to your feet and surrender
    edited April 2019
    I was joking. It is difficult encounter but fair in the sense everybody gets to have his own megatronus
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    小龙女 wrote: »
    j7pg4s91x47p.jpeg

Guys this is my megatronus, if you see my base, RUN!

Or your will go home and cry to your mama

A sweat sesession is your 100% gauranteed satisfaction if you think a sauna session is not enough

Did I say enough already?

Should I say more?

My megatronus is laughing at your in my base waiting for you to have the worst day of your life!

My megatronus willl turn your Good Friday into Black Friday, and be warned, even if you purchase another 100k energons, my megatronus will still be laughing at you while you crumble to your feet and surrender

He's not threatening at all. Besides this post is actually not related to the thread so yes i flagged this , even if you have 2 tronus' on RR they will always be defeated by some player out there. Tbh this boast is more like a challenge for raiders nothing else
    edited April 2019
    Slayer wrote: »
    Besides this post is actually not related to the thread so yes i flagged this

Dang, I think I should start Flagging and spam marking anything that I think is not relevant by my personal judgement

And do you not have any sense of humour? That was my amusement of the day and you tried to take that away from me.

Megatronus is by nature bad and does trash talk, again you tried to take that away from him?

Dang this is also not relevant to the post except the word megatronus. Should you flag this as well?

Lol
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited April 2019
    I'd relax with getting flagged, doesn't cause any harm aside from getting some jimmies rustled.

My two cents regarding the matter:

It's doable to kill Megatronus without power control bots. But the arguement stops being valid when regardless of skill, if the ai decides to be a jerk and hold his power for an s3 - this happens often. At that point, regardless of how many times you have dodged or sidestepped a special, you will lose a bot or two and maybe taunted with Megatronus regaining some hp back. By that point your team is demolished to face any other obstacles, let alone another Megatronus placed in the last node. Compared to any mod, or mod+bot combination, this is devastating and everything else pales in comparison. This is a fact.

The point I'm making here is RR + Megatronus severely limits any counter play a player can make, especially if the AI plays conservatively. Harm Accelerator was nerfed exactly for this reason back when it used to add another stack of bleed whether a special was used, regardless if it hit you. Grim or mv1 was the only ideal choice of counter play - aside from being 'gud'. If a mod is too powerful, or makes a particular bot too powerful, it's broken - especially Megatronus of all bots. As he is now, not only does he have the most loaded kit, but he has passive power gain which is further induced by RR - on top of an awakened RR makes a special 1 one a 4 star Megatronus hit like a freaking truck if there's enough stacks. Ultimately, there's no other excuse or reason or justify it.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    I would like to add that Manthro is a great teammate within TFTF, he is insanly blunt and str8 up no matter what. While the way he types, it may seem like all he is doing is knock you dow. He is actually doing the opposite. If he was only trying to tell you that you stink, he in no way would have given constructive feedback.
    These are just my 2c take em or leave em. Tronus is the most difficult bot to face for me, but I've never lost a raid(unless due to timeout). Faced 12k tronus as well and my shockwave takes em to his knees(or very far down in health). Like said earlier, if you see tronus on base you need to have a fodder bot and a bot to help control the power. As a general rule, I play passive. If tronus goes into 'I'm gonna hold until sp3' I will go in, hit once and launch a heavy and stop shooting unless to counter.