Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

3-Day Thundercracker Arenas

Comments

• Options
    Arena isn’t any good in this game. I would like to get the 4* but I’m not gonna grind 60 for a chance at a 4* thundercracker. Putting him in the store for a 1/1 purchase limit honestly would have been better
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Maybe I'll get lucky and get him...doubtful though
  • Options
    TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    I’ll make a push for the 4* Thundercracker, especially since I chickened out of Thunderstruck. Probably won’t get him, but my lineup is at least ideal for the 4* run (46 4*, all duped, R2 to R5, and 2 Maxed 3* to supplement... can waste other weak 3* to kill my streaks). At least I’ll probably get some 4* shards out of the exercise...

One question, though. At some point, I reached both the Optimus Team & Megatron Team Arena Matchups after a 5-win Arena streak using my strongest 4* bots. What is the significance of these teams? Curious...
  • Options
    GungnirGungnir Posts: 81
    Yeah, the arenas do suck, especially for those of us that couldn't quite fight through Thunderstruck all the way to the end and were hoping the arenas would be an avenue to a 4* Thundercracker. On the flip side, as long as bots released this way initially end up being more accessible in the future its not too big a problem. Obviously if Thundercracker becomes as hard to get as Bumblebee G1 then it becomes more of an issue (so many hours wasted on bumblebee crystal and I still haven't got him, at any level).
  • Options
    GungnirGungnir Posts: 81
    How do arenas work these days? Are they world wide leagues or is it localised? Is it just 30 people in the world that can get him per arena, cause that would REALLY suck.
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Gungnir wrote: »
    How do arenas work these days? Are they world wide leagues or is it localised? Is it just 30 people in the world that can get him per arena, cause that would REALLY suck.

Global yeah
  • Options
    MirageMirage Posts: 33
    They dont care if the arena is fun. Keeps people's play times up more than other modes. So it makes it look like a better game, stat wise.
    Probably

But I still find entertaining in arena, if not because it is too long time to play. Arena should shorten every arena milestone, 1.5 mil to 1 mil (it can save more time to play, and life) like Bee arena. Hopefully, this could reduce arena points of top rank players.

Also i want them to remove 1.25 and 1.5 multiplier.

Normally i can think of a good reason or a bright side of Kabam 's decision behind all those game mode when Kabam released.
    But this arena , I cannot.

• Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited April 2019
    They have shortened the arena to accompany monthly feature bots and mission. Now none of the other things have changed, but they bring back a 3'day arena. That simply doesn't fit.

The introduction of monthly feature bots is among the most reasonable decision of Kabam, since everybody can make their effort to get one . Getting back to blind competition is not well received at all, especially at a time when the game becomes stale.
  • Options
    One day is enough to reach 4-5 millions. Soooo.

The idea is great, but if they had chosen this - which they definitely should have - it would have been more like 12-15m...

Again. Double arena is a real bad idea.
    Worst during valuable week.
    Worst during the weekend.

Yeah.
    Really a bad move.
    Even 1 day arena would have been better.
    Or bee-style arena.
    At least we would have had multiple chances to get one.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I just don't have the motivation for arena's, whenever I even think of playing it, I just sigh... 😥
  • Options
    Beastdad wrote: »
    They have shortened the arena to accompany monthly feature bots and mission. Now none of the other things have changed, but they bring back a 3'day arena. That simply doesn't fit.

The introduction of monthly feature bots is among the most reasonable decision of Kabam, since everybody can make their effort to get one . Getting back to blind competition is not well received at all, especially at a time when the game becomes stale.

The arena final milestone should have been if you reach 4-5 million, you get a 5* thundercracker no exceptions. The game is barely churning out new content as it is and people are dropping left and right, now is not the time to try and go backward.

I am targeting a 4* Thundercracker. One hour into Day 2 of the challenge, and I am on pace for about 6 million points... and I fear that will not be enough for Top 30.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Technobot wrote: »

The arena final milestone should have been if you reach 4-5 million, you get a 5* thundercracker no exceptions. The game is barely churning out new content as it is and people are dropping left and right, now is not the time to try and go backward.

I am targeting a 4* Thundercracker. One hour into Day 2 of the challenge, and I am on pace for about 6 million points... and I fear that will not be enough for Top 30.

Damn you’re doing great though
  • Options
    This is hopeless! I might quit the game now! Thanks kabam! (NOT)
  • Options
    DrekDrek Posts: 21

Technobot wrote: »

Welp. I’m going to stop grinding haha. I just barely hit 1m points.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    This is hopeless! I might quit the game now! Thanks kabam! (NOT)

Haha don’t quit it’s only a silly arena just ignore it man, kabaam makes mistakes but so do we 😎👍
  • Options
    CeltCelt Posts: 190
    edited April 2019
    Actually, I'm more mad about the milestone reward rather than the 3 day long arena ( even if I totally disagree with this too )
    The milestone are so meager in terms of shard. I mean, I did 1.2m right now for crystal arena shard, and I won waaay more shard than all the milestone combined for the 4 * and the 5* thundercracker arena.
    And that's the bummer about this. It's because, actually, the grind is already a pain, adding this, the fact that you are poorly rewarded with milestone, and also, that you have lower chance at getting one of the best 30 grinder in the game. It results on some people getting frustrated, and the others just getting mad about this whole arena event.
    Again, kabam did really well these last weeks, with rebalances, new challenges etc.
    But this arena, this is the thing I'm totally not okay with, that's like a love-hate relationship, where sometimes you get some good moments and feel happy, and the next day, you are just furious and not in love anymore.
    And yes it's a weird analogy, but that was the first thing to come in my mind when I think about what's happening in the game right now.

This could have been way better if only the milestone were really rewarding.
    But hey, again we can't have everything going great, everytimes for everything
  • Options
    VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    The 2 star arena milestones are ludicrous. Think about how many fights it would take to hit the top milestone, and for what?
  • Options
    Let's just hope that if this arena event isn't a last time thing. They'll adjust the milestone, for every star arena
    That's the only major thing I'm asking for actually, if this is coming back anytime
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Vavatron wrote: »
    The 2 star arena milestones are ludicrous. Think about how many fights it would take to hit the top milestone, and for what?

Wait, don’t tell me the last milestone for he 2 star arena is also 4m.
  • Options
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Vavatron wrote: »

Wait, don’t tell me the last milestone for he 2 star arena is also 4m.

Well the last milestone for 3/4* Arenas is 3m... so it’s highly unlikely the last milestone for 1/2* Arenas is 4m.
  • Options
    it's 1.5M if I remember
  • Options
    This sucks, not only do arenas suck in general, but 4 arenas at the same time. Then you can’t use all your bots in each arena right away. I’m talking about having to wait many hours 6 or 7 hours, even with the help we get from each other to be able to use our 5 star bots again. If you continue to pull this crap with more than 1 arena at the same time YOU SHOULD AT LEAST LET US USE ALL OUR BOTS RIGHT AWAY FOR EACH ARENA .
    Also it is totally RIDICULOUS TO HAVE TO WAIT SO MANY HOURS TO USE OUR 5 STAR BOTS AGAIN !! Where’s the new content in the game? This 2nd anniversary was very disappointing. What about our mods, will we ever get to be able to rank them to top rank ? I would have thought by now we could have them at top rank and 5 star mods would be out. 1 star bots need to come back also so we can forge our 2 star bots. This game is getting so disappointing!!
  • Options
    This sucks, not only do arenas suck in general, but 4 arenas at the same time. Then you can’t use all your bots in each arena right away. I’m talking about having to wait many hours 6 or 7 hours, even with the help we get from each other to be able to use our 5 star bots again. If you continue to pull this crap with more than 1 arena at the same time YOU SHOULD AT LEAST LET US USE ALL OUR BOTS RIGHT AWAY FOR EACH ARENA .
    Also it is totally RIDICULOUS TO HAVE TO WAIT SO MANY HOURS TO USE OUR 5 STAR BOTS AGAIN !! Where’s the new content in the game? This 2nd anniversary was very disappointing. What about our mods, will we ever get to be able to rank them to top rank ? I would have thought by now we could have them at top rank and 5 star mods would be out. 1 star bots need to come back also so we can forge our 2 star bots. This game is getting so disappointing!!

I so agree with this...kabam only cares about themselves and the people that can hit 50m in arenas...
  • Options
    @Bassman1234 you want 1* bots ? Fine. If you're a collection guy.
    But please don't forge them into 2*s.
    It's useless. Completely. What will you do with full forged 2*s??
  • Options
    I’m currently at an 18-win streak on the 4-Star Thundercracker Arena (having beat my last personal best of 10 wins) and still going.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I’m currently at an 18-win streak on the 4-Star Thundercracker Arena (having beat my last personal best of 10 wins) and still going.

Well, at least I know that if I lost out on getting a 4* Thundercracker, I lost out to a worthy Commander. I just completed my final run in the 4* Thundercracker Arenas. We’ll see if what I did was enough...
  • Options

1. I think Kabam’s main goal of bot arenas like Thundercracker (and all the MCOC arenas) is to make it hard to win as a f2p player. It’s a deterrent to encourage buying crystals instead.

2. That said, 30 players is still too small. The game has grown, while the rewards have not. (Kabam gives the top 800 a 4* in MCOC featured arenas.)