Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Is it just me....

Or does the new AM field seem to be geared towards needing a Beast team to flourish?
I've noticed this mentioned quite a bit as of late.
Who else do you use for AMs? Because I don't care for Beast Wars, they were a bit after my time and I don't really have that bond with them like I do the G1 teams.

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    No. BW team is still limited. Purification only works in: Melee Bleed, Shock Block and Ranged Shock. Melee Bleed has two Brawlers and one Tact, but Wasp can't fight Absorb Ranged, Dinobot is too weak for Room 2 or 3.
    Rhinox will have a tough time fighting Galvatron because of Physical Resistance. Same for Primal against a energy-resistant Bludgeon.

The most recurring bots of my alliance are: Tronus, Drift, Prowl, OG Prime and Mv1. Only one of the 18 members brings a BW team.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Grindor obviously
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I use Jetfire, CW Mega and Megatronus... Don't think beast teams would help me in any way when I think about my paths I usually take... Ranged reflect, hacked aim enhancer and melee evade.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    @DaveJL do you try and reflect with Jetfire on hacked aim enhancer? I find it very difficult to do because you never know how fast the shots are gonna come.

Great looking Jetfire, BTW.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Synthwave wrote: »
    @DaveJL do you try and reflect with Jetfire on hacked aim enhancer? I find it very difficult to do because you never know how fast the shots are gonna come.

Are you able to reflect unblockable ranged? If so, that'd be pretty cool, but yeah, the timing of it would be crazy.
    edited April 2019

@Synthwave
    Dude you need to catch up with me on LINE every so often! I do try and use Jetfire yeah and I was having that problem. What I resorted to doing was keeping a fair distance so if it comes fast, I reflect, if it comes slow then I have chance to side step. Only problem is that you can only really counter when it comes fast and it's still hard to do. Really kind of get lucky with anticipation rather than timing and skill.

Max forged Jetfire today. Boy's a beast!
    7jgz2tchlbry.png

Darm0k wrote: »

Are you able to reflect unblockable ranged? If so, that'd be pretty cool, but yeah, the timing of it would be crazy.

Yeah you can reflect unblockable ranged attacks. You can get a charge off unblockable melee attacks but it doesn't land the stun. Same with a melee heavy - you can build a charge but you take the hit. I've always maintained Jetfire was an absolute beast and just needed play adjustment and time and now he is just absolute God mode
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited April 2019
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Yeah you can reflect unblockable ranged attacks. You can get a charge off unblockable melee attacks but it doesn't land the stun. Same with a melee heavy - you can build a charge but you take the hit. I've always maintained Jetfire was an absolute beast and just needed play adjustment and time and now he is just absolute God mode

Cool! Still have to have the timing, but good to know.

@Synthwave
    Dude you need to catch up with me on LINE every so often! I do try and use Jetfire yeah and I was having that problem. What I resorted to doing was keeping a fair distance so if it comes fast, I reflect, if it comes slow then I have chance to side step. Only problem is that you can only really counter when it comes fast and it's still hard to do. Really kind of get lucky with anticipation rather than timing and skill.

7jgz2tchlbry.png

That guy’s a madness mind sending a vid?
    Kitten wrote: »

@Synthwave

7jgz2tchlbry.png

Good lord, wont that require me getting a Youtube?
  • No. BW team is still limited. Purification only works in: Melee Bleed, Shock Block and Ranged Shock. Melee Bleed has two Brawlers and one Tact, but Wasp can't fight Absorb Ranged, Dinobot is too weak for Room 2 or 3.
    Rhinox will have a tough time fighting Galvatron because of Physical Resistance. Same for Primal against a energy-resistant Bludgeon.

The most recurring bots of my alliance are: Tronus, Drift, Prowl, OG Prime and Mv1. Only one of the 18 members brings a BW team.

Beast team can handle am like a boss! You have to plan your lane out with the right bots
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    No. BW team is still limited. Purification only works in: Melee Bleed, Shock Block and Ranged Shock. Melee Bleed has two Brawlers and one Tact, but Wasp can't fight Absorb Ranged, Dinobot is too weak for Room 2 or 3.

Why would Primal have a tough time against energy-resistant Blugeon? Primal is practically all melee.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Why would Primal have a tough time against energy-resistant Blugeon? Primal is practically all melee.

You're right, I was only referring to his heavy. Might be switching lane with my BW teammate, then.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited April 2019

You're right, I was only referring to his heavy. Might be switching lane with my BW teammate, then.

Oh, I honestly can't say for sure if that heavy is an energy attack or not. It does melee damage I think since he can get bleeds from Bonecrusher and shocks from Rhinox yet Arcee can evade it as well.
    edited April 2019
    Oh, I honestly can't say for sure if that heavy is an energy attack or not. It does melee damage I think since he can get bleeds from Bonecrusher and shocks from Rhinox yet Arcee can evade it as well.
    I think melee/ranged is different from physical/energy. But the latter is sometimes hard to tell (Primal's heavy, Hound's light pistol melee, Megatronus' molten rocks in sp1, etc).

It's even weirder to know the 1st hit of Tronus' sp1/2 counts as melee (and stops Focus Repair when landed), whereas OG Prime's sp3 doesn't.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Wasp works better against that resistant Bludgeon than primal cos once wasp nullifies the resistance, Bludgeon dies a lot quicker.
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Wasp works better against that resistant Bludgeon than primal cos once wasp nullifies the resistance, Bludgeon dies a lot quicker.

I don't know why Wasp can nullify resistance mod once and for all, but Rhinox can't (attack buff keeps coming back after some seconds).
    Wasp nullify one resistance, but when next cycle of resistance, it will come back again, so just need to nullify again... wasp nullifies easily fortunately
    Kitten wrote: »

@Synthwave

7jgz2tchlbry.png

Good lord, wont that require me getting a Youtube?

You don’t need a YouTube you can send it on line or telegram if you prefer that, or don’t send it at all man it’s your choice 😎 but more screenshots are always appreciated
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Wasp nullify one resistance, but when next cycle of resistance, it will come back again, so just need to nullify again... wasp nullifies easily fortunately

I'm not worried about cycle resist, but those permanent phy/ energy resistances. I wonder if Wasp can nullify them for good.
    I'm not worried about cycle resist, but those permanent phy/ energy resistances. I wonder if Wasp can nullify them for good.

In AM or Spotlight? I don’t usually bother to read mods unless a fight is taking unusually long. Sometimes I use Cheetor for those mods cos feral strike bypasses the resistance.
  • Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?