Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

When can we expect to see increase in Arena?

Seems is time to increase Top 1-5 in 4* Arena & 1-50 in 3* Arena.

Comments

• Hmm, I'm not sure if it's quite the time yet, but I'll make sure to raise this issue with the team.
  • SmirkyDrewSmirkyDrew Posts: 118
    It is always the same whalers winning the arenas.
  • TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    As someone who has gotten rank 1 scores are stupid...its getting to the point where it's better to just open crystals. Which I don't think is supposed to be how it is....but meh who am I.
  • For real kabam when r we going try so hard just get top prize when there's hundreds of player better than us that they will have more chance of getting it. It should be rank 1 - 100 or some thing close to it.
  • Slibby8803Slibby8803 Posts: 115
    Totherkins wrote: »
    As someone who has gotten rank 1 scores are stupid...its getting to the point where it's better to just open crystals. Which I don't think is supposed to be how it is....but meh who am I.

Yeah and someone from Kabam should come over and do my homework and give me a back rub too.
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited July 2017
    It IS better to spend energon on crystals. Below a certain threshold (a few million points) you are guaranteed to NOT get the featured bot. Thus opening featured crystals (where you have at least a small chance at getting the featured bot) is better use of resources.
    Unless you're A) a cyborg who can run his entire stable in arena every two hours for three days, or B ) rich enough to afford LOTS of energon.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Totherkins wrote: »

Good question Toth: who are you? Will TFTF help in your journey of self discovery? I bet it will :)
  • edited July 2017
    Hey Commanders!

Just a quick friendly reminder to stay as constructive as possible when discussing stuff on the forums. We understand that when you are talking about stuff you are passionate about that it is a bit easier to go off track. It helps the devs who are reading threads like these understand what your feedback is when the subject doesn't go off track. Keep up the good work!

Also, since I'm here why not ask this from everyone here. If the Arena was changed as suggested, how would you change all of the ranked rewards that follow after the top 1-100? Why would you change the rewards this way vs keeping them the same?
  • NickelzNickelz Posts: 13
    I've only been playing for 2 months and I played arena to the bone completing them and still never place in the top whatever to get a 3 star or 4 star not so I've just gave up trying I'm not sure how you should adjust or even change arena it's not working fairly I know you want people to spend money but I won't and refuse to buy anything on here I get it you want people to play but work with your supporters I
  • DzSlootsDzSloots Posts: 87
    Hey Commanders!

Just a quick friendly reminder to stay as constructive as possible when discussing stuff on the forums. We understand that when you are talking about stuff you are passionate about that it is a bit easier to go off track. It helps the devs who are reading threads like these understand what your feedback is when the subject doesn't go off track. Keep up the good work!

Also, since I'm here why not ask this from everyone here. If the Arena was changed as suggested, how would you change all of the ranked rewards that follow after the top 1-100? Why would you change the rewards this way vs keeping them the same?

You can't just increase the windows? Keep the rewards the same..just increase the thresholds. Unless I'm missing something, this seems pretty straightforward.
  • NickelzNickelz Posts: 13
    I have no 4 star bot I see players with 4 to 5 so I don't even play arena hardly you get screwed opening crystals you get screwed in arena
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Top 1-100: 4* feature
    Top 5%: Current 1-2% reward
    5-15%: Current 3-10%
    15-50%: Current 11-25%
    50-100: Current 26-50%

But then I like to get things for free and little effort.

If you'd increase from top 5 to top 100 to get the feature, I think the bandwidth for the 1-2% needs widened as well, otherwise there will be less people getting that rank than people getting the top reward.
  • DzSloots wrote: »
    You can't just increase the windows? Keep the rewards the same..just increase the thresholds. Unless I'm missing something, this seems pretty straightforward.

Sorry for any misunderstanding here! So the major point of the question was to see what else y'all would like to see from the rewards, to encourage a discussion on where everyone feels we could improve on the reward system as a whole. Keep in mind this isn't a promise of "This is what we are going to do." We are interested in what our Commanders think though, and we do value your feedback. So feel free to go crazy and think of ways to completely change the system.

My best recommendation when giving feedback like this is to keep in mind the idea of how it would impact other areas of the game. I think there was a post earlier that I read where Commanders were discussing the Raid store and how they would like to see 2/3/4* bots added at increased costs. A Commander mentioned how having a 4* bot at 100k would impact the game in a negative sense and would not be a viable option, but possibly having 100 4* shards at 100k could possibly be a viable way to change things. That's the kind of thought process you should have when considering providing feedback that is both constructive and helpful to the devs reading these threads.

Regardless, thank you all for taking the time to post what you think!

• DzSlootsDzSloots Posts: 87
    Yea that's what I'm saying. Just increase the thresholds. The rewards are fine as is.
  • DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Dircules wrote: »
    Top 1-100: 4* feature

But then I like to get things for free and little effort.

If you'd increase from top 5 to top 100 to get the feature, I think the bandwidth for the 1-2% needs widened as well, otherwise there will be less people getting that rank than people getting the top reward.

top 1-100 is way too many... imagine 100 4* megatrons/ motormaster / grindor suddenly appearing everywhere in raids. No.. u need to set a lower threshold for such a prize that can impact the game everywhere.

Maybe top 1-20 sounds better and would encourage more people to participate in arenas seriously.

The rest sounds good:
    Top 100 is a bit much...like Davien said 20 or even 50 I don't think would be too crazy. Cause once it's raised it'll be low initially, but it'll end up settling into a more serious score a month or so down the road. But, you at least get to have more people getting the 4 star bot.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I am usually finish the 3* arena at the top 50 so I would love to increase the 4* arena to top 50 too or increase them both to top 100.
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    Hey Commanders!

Increase 4* Arena to Top 50 or 100 and add some more milestone to does that can hit 2 million points.

For, 3* Arena to Top 100 or 150 & add some more milestone for does hit over 1 million points.

I can get 2 mil on 4* Arena and 1 mil on 3* Arena and I feel their should be some milestone for hitting does kind of numbers on Arena.
    edited July 2017
    "...Just a quick friendly reminder to stay as constructive as possible when discussing stuff on the forums...."

If that was inspired by my comment to Toth, apologies, he's an alliance-family member and my comment was intended as a friendly jibe. I can see why it would look otherwise to someone who didn't know we chat on Line a lot
    BTW, there are currently only about 2000 people reaching the second milestone in 4* arena. Rather than have more featured bots given out (great news for about 5 people, and meaningless to everyone else) I'd rather see more effort to help with no 3* bots get a few so they can begin to participate in 4* arena
    How do we know that those are not the only 2000 people who are playing the game? We don't have the statistics on that. More realistically how that there are only say 500 people not hitting the second milestone who play regularly. That 2000 number has little value without context is all I am saying.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Just do a single fight in arena with the lowest bots you can gather and win only a single fight. You'll be placed dead last. See what your rank is. Roughly that many people participating. For the 3* arena that was about 30k a month ago

Certainly not going to tank my progress to make somebody's point. How bout you do it and post the screen shot?
    Or better yet...if you know what the cutoff is you can multiply that rank times 50. And that should let you know the number of players actively doing arena. #spoiler number is around 4.5 to 5k players
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    25 or 50 for top reward

Increase the 3-10% reward to 500 4* shards

Add milestones beyond the 9xx000 one since many people are going way beyond that one

Making the milestone rewards better in general would be huge step forward but understandable if that is asking too much on top of the other above requests.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    There aren't enough players to increase the thresholds, maybe top 10 for a 4* but I think that's OK as it is for now.

I however think we need at least 2 more milestones for each arena, especially considering the fact that a lot of players go beyond those to earn the feature bots.
  • In the 4-Star Arena, I believe the top rank reward should be expanded to the Top 25 players. Giving a 4-Star reward to just 5 players does not make any sense and is far too restrictive to allow for roster development.

You should also expand the 3-Star Arena to the top 100 players.

As it stands now, it's generally the same people/alliances over and over that are getting the top reward. The whole purpose of the Arenas are to give players an opportunity to EARN the character that they really want. That is how it is in MCoC, why is it any different here?

The choke hold on rewards needs to be let go.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    What about top 25 gets feature
    Top 1-2% gets a 4* crystal
    Top 3-5% gets 1000 shards maybe
    Top 5-10% 500
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    I dont really see what the problem with regarding the Featured bot to the top x% of players is. Sure, the playerbase is low compared to something like MCOC - if 100 people do arena and you reward the top 5%, only 5 people are getting the reward. It would encourage more people to participate in Arena because they would not feel like they need to dedicate the next 3 days of their life to ONLY doing arena, or spend real $$.

I would be shocked if any of the people getting the top rewards in EITHER of the areans are not dropping real $$ on the game on a regular basis. Maybe a few here and there, but a set # system caters only to the whales.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    So once again your saying a person that spends tons of time and or money shouldn't have an advantage over others?