Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Need to know tech requirements to play game.

So, I have been patient and Forged and Leveled 5 bots to use in R.o.K.. They are OG Prime Sig 30, OG Bumblebee Sig 35, Prowl Sig 15, Grimlock Sig 65, and Wheeljack Sig 35. All 4 stars, max Level and Forged.

I went into RoK using Wheeljack to fight Mixmaster. Was Doing really well until the phone started to heat up. Then input lag and screen lag got me KOed.

Second attempt I tried cooling my phone off mid fight, but my phone went to sleep and lost progress and half my health.

Third Attempt I turn sleep mode off and tried to cool my phone off mid fight. I had spaced myself as far as possible from Mixie as possible. When I hit resume Mixie immediately dashed me and I could not get up a block. I ate a full combo and a special one. At that point I was on FULL TILT and lost the fight.

The phone handles the game well until either the fights get longer than 5 minutes or there are a lot mod abilities being tracked on enemy bots (I get lag on expert/master boss fights right away)

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, Android 5.0.2, last security update was 2016. I need a better phone but have limited money and don't know much about tech to make a choice.

Anyones help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Why spend money on a phone? Save a chunk and buy yourself a mini fridge. Set it up close to your usual playing seat or choice location of gameplay, turn it on an hour before you play, and boom; you’ve got a cooler phone that won’t overheat as much,

I’m not being sarcastic, this has been mentioned many times on the forum. Not a mini fridge specifically to my recollection, but it’s a money saver at least.

Wouldn’t charge the phone while doing this though....... make sure it’s fully charged before starting up
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Do you already run Samsung Game Tuner app, or is it not available for Android 5?
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited April 2019
    @BlackRazak
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/6270/requirements-guide/p1

There's a link to his requirments guide page. He has tons of devices listed in there that he has tested and run the game great. He hasn't been as active lately but if he sees the tag he'll pop on and help, I'm sure.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    asparagus wrote: »
    @BlackRazak
    https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/6270/requirements-guide/p1

There's a link to his requirments guide page. He has tons of devices listed in there that he has tested and run the game great. He hasn't been as active lately but if he sees the tag he'll pop on and help, I'm sure.

I was just about to do that
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited April 2019
    I am probably answering this is vain, it's 5.53am, 30th April 2019 in Jakarta and I'll help the OP if ALLOWED.

@Tyberious i understand money can be an issue, which is why i run (ran) the REQUIREMENTS thread.

You technically need these minimum requirements:

Android:
    1. 7.0 and above
    2. >2GB RAM, and 2GB INTERNAL, JUST FOR F2F
    3. 1280x720 resolution
    4. Quadcore >1.2GHz
    5. OpenGL ES >3.0

I don't know what country you're in, but most have plenty of devices that run F2F just fine, even with a budget of US $80.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Why spend money on a phone? Save a chunk and buy yourself a mini fridge. Set it up close to your usual playing seat or choice location of gameplay, turn it on an hour before you play, and boom; you’ve got a cooler phone that won’t overheat as much,

I’m not being sarcastic, this has been mentioned many times on the forum. Not a mini fridge specifically to my recollection, but it’s a money saver at least.

Wouldn’t charge the phone while doing this though....... make sure it’s fully charged before starting up

There's a thing called air conditioner which not only cools down the device, but the player.
  • afextwinafextwin Posts: 24
    Pre fridge and a laptop cooler pad sucking in air from a floor a/c vent might help. I have a gen 1 pixel XL and I can usually make it 30 seconds into a master or expert match before the horribad lag starts. Fridging mid match results in disconnect most times. Would never try ROK with this device...
  • Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    Shouldn't need fidges & air con Kabam should sort out the game so it doesn't over heat your phone or have lag.
  • lightningbaronlightningbaron Posts: 595
    edited April 2019
    @Tyberious If you are in the US, get a Moto X (4th generation) Amazon Exclusive with 3GB RAM and 32GB main storage (minus operating system) on Amazon for $120 USD. I have a Moto G6 with 4GB RAM and 64GB main storage. I have been thinking about a backup phone without breaking the bank.

Can't be arsed to buy an iPhone.
  • Keep this on topic to the actual question and not forum politics. We have also mentioned a number of times that we are investigating issues with devices but it takes longer than a snap of our fingers to do it. There are more than just several Android devices and these things take time. We apologize for the wait on situations, but vocally being rash and acting out is not constructive or respectful.

So again, keep on topic. If you have concerns that are not relating to this: speak to a mod directly.
  • @Tyberious, I wouldn't even think of running the game on a device with 1GB RAM. If you are in the US, the Moto X (4th generation) Amazon Exclusive with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage will exceed the specifications suggested by @BlackRazak.

This is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Moto-4th-Generation-hands-free-Exclusive/dp/B077YNYFPD

The only limitation is that you won't be able to change the bootloader, but it's just mainly pre-loaded with Amazon software, which you can hide.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Why spend money on a phone? Save a chunk and buy yourself a mini fridge. Set it up close to your usual playing seat or choice location of gameplay, turn it on an hour before you play, and boom; you’ve got a cooler phone that won’t overheat as much,

There's a thing called air conditioner which not only cools down the device, but the player.
    I did that with my iPhone and it killed the battery immediately, the phones aren’t designed to handle such extreme temperature difference in short time.
    As an IOS user I can say this game will run much better on iPad than iPhone simply because it have a wider surface helps distributing the heat.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited May 2019

Or you can just buy a liquid cooled Phone ..
    *Cough* Poco F1 *cough*
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Hey commanders,
    If necessary, just PM me at @BlackRazak for any enquiries or in game issues and compatibility.
    I don't post in my older REQUIREMENTS thread coz reasons.
    Once you ascertain a solution, spread the word.
    Thanks.
  • ubiquitusubiquitus Posts: 28
    ice pack under the phone works wonders