Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

When will these reforged spotlight missions end.

2»

Comments

• Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    So @Kitten , what stories would you write if you were hired? :D

New Quintessa is actually in the past and it’s Unicron before he shaped his body to become a robot dude, and now he’s starting to transform and the transformers have to take on different weak points of Unicron (boss battles can be between Unicron avatars). The Quintessons fled because they knew Unicron would awaken. Just a quick theory I came up with may not be perfect lol
  • Options
    ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited May 2019
    When and if they end the reforged spotlight missions and the first new one is the introduction of Beast Wars Megatron.1f2x97c7ra7m.gif

Even though I would love to see him, I recommend that they strengthen the Predacon ranks first, otherwise Megatron would be introduced with just having Waspinator and Scorponok as backup, as opposed to when G1 Megs had a good amount of Decepticons to support him when he arrived. They should add Inferno, Blackarachnia, Tarantulas, and X. Maybe Quickstrike as well.

It'll make his introduction more imposing as Megatron would have more troops, or in his case "tools", to manipulate. That would add to the narrative as it would make the whole faction of the Predacons seem like a geuine threat. Additionally, it adds potential for better story telling and character building as Megatron can interact with more members of his faction, whether trying to outwit Tarantulas or trying to deal with the deranged Ramapage.

Not only that, imagine the potential stories you could tell before Beast Megatron's arrival; a Predacon faction without Megatron. What would happen to Inferno? He needs a "queen" in order to carry out his duties since he doesn't know the concept of individualism. Or what would Blackarachnia do now that she doesn't have to deal with Megatron's orders? Maybe she'll go solo or join with the heroes? I just think it would be better if Beast Megatron showed up a bit later as that has potential for more interesting stories.
  • Options
    ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited May 2019
    Kitten wrote: »

New Quintessa is actually in the past and it’s Unicron before he shaped his body to become a robot dude, and now he’s starting to transform and the transformers have to take on different weak points of Unicron (boss battles can be between Unicron avatars). The Quintessons fled because they knew Unicron would awaken. Just a quick theory I came up with may not be perfect lol

A devolved version of Unicron would be interesting to see, as they could show he evolved into the being he is today. Maybe the other Primes could be involved.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897

A devolved version of Unicron would be interesting to see, as they could show he evolved into the being he is today. Maybe the other Primes could be involved.

Maybe we can see Solus Prime being killed by Megatronus
  • Options
    SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391

Act 3 did allude to Solus Prime being alive still.
  • Options

A devolved version of Unicron would be interesting to see, as they could show how he evolved into the being he is today. Maybe the other Primes could be involved.

As in the past or modern day? If modern day, I don't think Megatronus would have it in him to kill Solus. If it's the past that would be cool to see how the murder of Solus unfolded.
  • Options
    CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    @Down_Under I think a big part of the problem is that there really isn't much competition to speak of. For the Transformers brand, pretty much the only other active app is Earth Wars and it's far greedier with bot crystals to the point of harming itself. Fighter-wise, MCoC is the obvious comparison, plus that trashy DC clone of MCoC that crashed and burned within two months. Really, Kabam is the only real competition to Kabam here
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    that1guy wrote: »
    PS. I'm sitting next to our writer right now, watching him doing some writing. That's the last thing I'm saying :tongue:

The way you or the rest of the team on the forum communicate is seriously frustrating. What does that above quote even mean? Theres nothing concrete, nothing detailed, it's all just crumbs of some hopeful idea that you guys are maybe working on something. The lull between 7.0 and 8.0 was only reignited with some hype only because of the anticipation of what the second anniversary could bring. While some of the hype was delivered, it certainly missed the mark of what was expected and what was sold to the community because of these vague comments. Remember the 7.0 fiasco?

I'll continue to play this game because there's nothing else that piques my interest. But the way things have been going and the way your team try to reassure the community clearly shows Kabam has no idea what direction the future of game will take, or if there's even a long term plan. This lack of direction, and uncertainty that you keep communicating does not reassure the majority enough to keep sticking around.

Seriously, rethink how you guys dispense information to us, and learn from every single backlash you receive. It's tiring.
    While I get that you guys don't like little crumbs and details out of nowhere, I have 2 choices here: Give little details where I can when we don't have anything concrete, or don't update you all until I have an announcement.

This could mean quite some time between anything. I know this is common in most games and forums, but it's not particularly what I like to do. I like to keep some back and forth whenever possible, and give whatever insights I can give when I can.

We do aim to give you more insight into the future as soon as we can, but again, I don't have a definite timeline on that.

EDIT: To add to this, if you guys have a certain "kind of communication" you want, let us hear it! But not in this thread... If you have some ideas, send them in a PM! I would be happy to read them and see what we can implement.
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    A SPARK OF HOPE HAS BEEN GIVEN!!! HELL YEAH!!!
  • Options
    CeltCelt Posts: 190
    edited May 2019
    A SPARK OF HOPE HAS BEEN GIVEN!!! HELL YEAH!!!

Where ?

We probably didn't understand the same thing from previous messages
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Beastdad wrote: »
    You have a daily mission for T3C shards, open one up for T4C. I don't care if I only get a 1/16th of a spark per day, at least I would feel like I could eventually max rank a 5 * bot. (Make the bots insanely hard to beat, I couldn't care less I'll spend energon to win)

1/16th? Ha ha, we all wish for that. More like it'll be 1/300th per day.

• Options
    Mike said the writer is writing @Celt you know what that means!
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

Plot twist: he’s just writing forum posts....
  • Options
    Darm0k wrote: »

Yet we haven't even seen one from him
  • Options
    Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    Darm0k wrote: »

Yet we haven't even seen one from him

Ya know, the writer could be @Kabam Vydious . That would be quite the twist.
  • Options
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Hey all,

We understand that the Reforged missions are not your favourite, and we're working hard to bring your new content, but that's not a quick or easy process. We've got some planned for the future, but that's all I can say at this time.

Just following on from this and your comment in the Kickback thread though. You say it isn't quick or easy but you used to get a new one out every month. So whilst not quick or easy, it was obviously doable and must still be doable? Still no reason for the downturn in content and story - I think an explanation would be bette for the players rather than the same reassurance.

I mean come on, logically if you were managing one a month before, then it isn't to do with it lead time or difficulty...

I'm just speculating here but kabaam develops one of the more popular games on mobile, that being MCoC. Marvel is just WAY more popular and mainstream with quality media than Transformers.

I'm guessing that mean that most resources go to supporting that game and they have a skeleton crew working on this one. The pace they were working wasnt sustainable and they now need more time to do new bots and whatnot.

Not to mention revenue pressures from shareholders and the like so of course they will put their resources on the safe cash cow. It sucks for us Transformers fans but as a business it makes sense.

Like I said this is speculation but it is just something to think about.
  • Options
    CeltCelt Posts: 190
    edited May 2019
    Hey all,

We understand that the Reforged missions are not your favourite, and we're working hard to bring your new content, but that's not a quick or easy process. We've got some planned for the future, but that's all I can say at this time.

Just following on from this and your comment in the Kickback thread though. You say it isn't quick or easy but you used to get a new one out every month. So whilst not quick or easy, it was obviously doable and must still be doable? Still no reason for the downturn in content and story - I think an explanation would be bette for the players rather than the same reassurance.

I mean come on, logically if you were managing one a month before, then it isn't to do with it lead time or difficulty...

I'm just speculating here but kabaam develops one of the more popular games on mobile, that being MCoC. Marvel is just WAY more popular and mainstream with quality media than Transformers.

I'm guessing that mean that most resources go to supporting that game and they have a skeleton crew working on this one. The pace they were working wasnt sustainable and they now need more time to do new bots and whatnot.

Not to mention revenue pressures from shareholders and the like so of course they will put their resources on the safe cash cow. It sucks for us Transformers fans but as a business it makes sense.

At this point, it's not speculation at all

I would be more surprised if this wasn't actually the case. It's plain clear that Mcoc is getting more ressources, more people to work on, and so, TFTF just have the core team to develop it, and that's it.

What I would like to know is, why, and especially when, the few members that were working on TFTF left definitely the studio/left to work on Mcoc.

Anyways, there is nothing we can do as players right now, except : wait and see
    But those 3 words doesn't even have a sense nowadays ....
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Hey all,

Well, I didn't want to put that in the forums as we aren't supposed to, but if you could see my LINE and Telegram chats, that's what I think too. That's why I just replied saying I understood and had heard all I needed to. I used the word skeleton staff too, and I do not even mean Gerald.
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    I think it'd be funny, when things here get back on the rails, if kabam trolled us and added a "Kabam Gerald" mod account.
  • Options
    What is kabam Gerald? I've heard the joke a bunch
  • Options
    McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    Funk that, if Kabam for some reason really did lose licencing for NEW transformer bots they really should just make there own special bot and Call it Kabam Gerald. Now that would be cool! haha
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    McBusket wrote: »
    Funk that, if Kabam for some reason really did lose licencing for NEW transformer bots they really should just make there own special bot and Call it Kabam Gerald. Now that would be cool! haha

Would he start all fights knocked-out?
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Would he start all fights knocked-out?

Well, it’ll just be a pile of bones...