Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

G1 Bee's Evasion buff is overriding Hot Rod's Deceleration debuff

Anyone else using Hot Rod against Bee encountering this?

It doesn't say anywhere in Bee's ability description that this evasion buff that he triggers when dashing back overrides Hot Rod's deceleration but it's happening nonetheless.

Can you guys take a look at this please, @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike ?

Thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited February 2018
    Can't reproduce this. Having evade on and get a deceleration shot, my G1 Bumblebee start taking melee hits from Hot Rod until a red 'evade fail' is shown.
    Tested twice in an arena fight. but failed to properly screenshot this.
  • Without a g1 bee I can't try it out. If it's saying "evade fail," does that mean the green evasion buff stays up while under deceleration? If so, maybe that's what he's referring to since hot rod normally nullifies the agility buff.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    It could be an AI-only thing; I think someone mentioned a bug with Mirage was AI-sided only, so it could be that.

I just know that I had the deceleration debuff on the opponent and he still triggered a green evade buff after decelerate had been applied.
  • I've been trying to get this to happen myself, and haven't been able to yet. I'll pass it on to the team to see if they have any knowledge of this.
  • I finally got him in arena with my hot rod. The evade melee buff does indeed stay up once under deceleration unlike agility buffs which are stripped. The red "evade fail" message also shows up when his evade tries to trigger.

So the confusion is all because his evade buff doesn't behave like an agility buff and disappear once he's decelerated. The mechanic of preventing evades works perfectly fine.
  • I am seeing this exact issue in the spotlight missions right now. Just fought the G1 bumblebee boss with a 5* Hot Rod. Put Bumblee under a deceleration debuff which removes his current evade buff, but as soon as I try to move in with a melee hit or heavy, he procs a new evade buff whilst still under deceleration and evades the hits! Please fix as this is the main point of bringing Hot Rod!
  • DeadMemeBoiDeadMemeBoi Posts: 140
    I've been trying to get this to happen myself, and haven't been able to yet. I'll pass it on to the team to see if they have any knowledge of this.

This is also happening with Cheetors signature ability and arcees precision. It is super annoying on the hardest path of the final master spotlight mission.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    I've been trying to get this to happen myself, and haven't been able to yet. I'll pass it on to the team to see if they have any knowledge of this.

This is also happening with Cheetors signature ability and arcees precision. It is super annoying on the hardest path of the final master spotlight mission.

There are a lot of evade bugs. I never saw cheetor evade but he can still pass through with dash.

I have had evade bots evade the ranged attacks on her s1 even though precision triggered on multiple occassions. Especially when fighting herself.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    There is a spotlight with G1 bee in it...use hotrod
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    edited May 2019
    Better idea: can we maybe have the option to just turn evasion off altogether? Really funny how it turns out to be more of a detriment than anything else in higher level spotlight matches...
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Bodyopus79 wrote: »
    Better idea: can we maybe have the option to just turn evasion off altogether? Really funny how it turns out to be more of a detriment than anything else in higher level spotlight matches...

Yes please!!! Evade is the absolute worst buff in the game!

When you're using it you feel no control over your bot

When the opponent is using it it never stops triggering
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760

Yep. I only seem to trigger evade when I don’t want it to, even when blocking. My distinct memory of evade is using arcee, blocking an ironhide sp2. Evade procced on the second hit, meaning I ate 3 of the missiles and lost. Hated evade since.

Evade shouldn’t be able to proc over block. Have purposefully avoided ranking up evasive bots since as it’s not worth the risk.
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155

Yep. I only seem to trigger evade when I don’t want it to, even when blocking. My distinct memory of evade is using arcee, blocking an ironhide sp2. Evade procced on the second hit, meaning I ate 3 of the missiles and lost. Hated evade since.

Evade shouldn’t be able to proc over block. Have purposefully avoided ranking up evasive bots since as it’s not worth the risk.

That EXACT same thing happened to me earlier today. Same bots and everything.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760

Nightmare scenario. If block is up, evade should not override it as the player is intentionally trying to do something.

@Kabam Vydious I know this isn’t as major as asking for act 4 or anything, but any chance the team could look into this? I doubt it’s a bug, but evade shouldn’t override block. The player should be in control and evade should only really be a safeguard against actually getting hit.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049

Nightmare scenario. If block is up, evade should not override it as the player is intentionally trying to do something.

@Kabam Vydious I know this isn’t as major as asking for act 4 or anything, but any chance the team could look into this? I doubt it’s a bug, but evade shouldn’t override block. The player should be in control and evade should only really be a safeguard against actually getting hit.

What needs to happen is if you continuously hold block during an evade, then after the evade finishes, the block needs to be restored. This is the #1 reason why I have not ranked up any of my Arcees. This makes her a liability.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    Its not just G1 Bee or in AM. I've fought Barricade countless times and if I lay a stun on him, with Bludgeon or Windblade or anyone else who can stun, his evade kicks him out of the stun and moves him away not just from one attack but five or more automatically. Same with Sideswipe. And with both of them, I've had them backed up against the wall and their evade still has them successfully backstep out of the way of all incoming attacks and even specials.

Similar to the evade bug, MV2 Megatron overrides stuns with his unstoppable that triggers at certain health levels. On everyone else, stuns work fine, but any AI with unstoppable or evade pretty much pisses all over stuns making them useless. I can deal with it and overcome, I'm just bringing this up since we're talking bugged (de)buffs here.