Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Best Mastery Setup

Well I know we have had many discussions on this but they all seem to have fizzled out. I guess that there isn't the one best mastery setup after all but it would be good to share our setups. Thanks.

Comments

• Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited May 2019
    Nano Repair + Full Mettle + Courage + Assassin

You're essentially prepared for any situation. This is the Setup I use.
    You can also swap out Assassin with Willpower for more durability.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    My current setupirpsbmo3uzdb.png
    kkj08e85ceag.png
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Yours is already good. I wound take out 4 points from Assassin and put them into crit rate because: 1. Assassin doesn't work as advertised. Even at rank 5, you can't see a great difference; 2. Assassin, at its best, only helps you at the end of the battle. But unless your enemy needs another 10+ hits to finish at their low health (high level AM etc.), you don't really need it at rank 5.
    I have maxed crit rate before but it also doesn't really make a huge difference. Basically high crit bots will always crit anyway. I feel that assassin does make a difference at the end but who knows what actually works lol!
  • Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    One thing I will say that works is the infamous Nanojack.

Another thing that's fun is having the defensive shark mastery, along with mastery Willpower. Alongside Nanobots, it's fun to see very nice health gains from melee hits.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    It all depends on what you want to achieve and which bots you use and which game modes you're playing. There is no one mastery setup that is the best.
  • I don't get why everyone is so found of nanorepair.
    At rank 3, it gives you 400 health in 60s.

In 1min.

If your fight lasts this long it means the opponent has enough strength to remove you more than 400 in 1 hit...

So, dodge one attack.
    And invest your 3 mastery points somewhere else.
    Unless your main bot is wheeljack, of course.
    But still, 1 mastery point should be enough

(Of course, at the start, if you're top bots are 3r4 I can understand 400 health points seems huge)
    The only reason for nano repair is not for the healing. It is to make Wheeljack ie. Nanojack invulnerable for 60 seconds. Except for debuff effects.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Always wondered...for the armor pierce mastery, after a bot has one armor break on it, does this mastery lose its effect? I'm not sure since armor breaks can stack, but the mastery says no effect if no armor..
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    edited May 2019
    m00nshine wrote: »
    Always wondered...for the armor pierce mastery, after a bot has one armor break on it, does this mastery lose its effect? I'm not sure since armor breaks can stack, but the mastery says no effect if no armor..

Depends on the amount of armour still active, and the % the armour break is, I believe. If a bot has 2 armour buffs of 20% each, then receives 1 armour break of 10%, it stands to reason that there is still a net gain of 10% armour, factoring the loss of second armour buff and the replacing armour break.

Bearing in mind bots like tantrum and grindor have a passive armour buff that can’t be ‘broken’ as such, I believe that regardless of armour breaks, these bots will always have that passive armour buff. So a net gain of whatever their passive armour buff % is, same logic applies I guess.

Unless it’s like primal and specifically states the armour is inactive while armour is broken, a bot with any kind of armour should still be subject to armour pierce regardless of armour break as long as they have armour in some way.

Edit don’t want to make 2 posts.
    I don't get why everyone is so found of nanorepair.
    At rank 3, it gives you 400 health in 60s.

In 1min.

If your fight lasts this long it means the opponent has enough strength to remove you more than 400 in 1 hit...

So, dodge one attack.
    And invest your 3 mastery points somewhere else.
    Unless your main bot is wheeljack, of course.
    But still, 1 mastery point should be enough

(Of course, at the start, if you're top bots are 3r4 I can understand 400 health points seems huge)

Only reason I could think of to take nano repair to r3, is at rank 1 the repair is only 40 seconds. It’s only 60 seconds at r3. 20 more seconds of nanojack can be vital in certain situations I guess.
    60 seconds is needed for nanojack against higher level bots. Even with my maxed 4s Jack, as I don't have a 5s. Basicallly he kills any non Damage Over Time ie bleed, shock, shield break bots
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    Until recently I had never slotted the Unfazed mastery (offense), but I'm trying it out now and loving it. I HATE when evasive bots break my combo, and this mastery helps mitigate that quite a bit.

Here's the text:
    "When an enemy Evades, your Bots have a 16% chance to become Unstoppable for 1.0 seconds and add +17% Attack Rating to their next hit. While your Bots are Unstoppable, their Combo Meter is not reset."

Currently I'm at rank 2, so 20% chance for Unstoppable and +25% Attack.