Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Ramjet and Primal's special 2's do not connect.

Alright, i have seen that whenever i use either primal or ramjet, and use a special 2 after a combo, it does not connect. How does it miss after using a combo? That does not make sense . Has this been a bug for a while? I did not notice it until today. Which i am a bit annoyed of losing my streak in arena when my ramjets special 2 didn't connect.

Comments

• I have read from older posts that this has been going on for quite some time. They're combos don't connect with they're specials for some odd reason.

I myself have never experienced it.... until today. I tried using Primal's SP2 against Thundercracker and it didn't connect. It didn't cost me the fight but I was annoyed that now this was happening to me too.
  • Hey there!

Thanks for dropping by with this. I'm sorry to hear it's happening! D:
    Is there anyway y'all can get us video of this?
  • This has been going on for months now
  • OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited April 2019
    Hey there!

The specials for both bots sometimes connects well, i have seen it connect a few hours earlier. But it misses a lot more
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    I have read from older posts that this has been going on for quite some time. They're combos don't connect with they're specials for some odd reason.

I myself have never experienced it.... until today. I tried using Primal's SP2 against Thundercracker and it didn't connect. It didn't cost me the fight but I was annoyed that now this was happening to me too.

I was getting frustrated with this until someone here (I think in Kaon) provided the solution. If you end your combo with a medium hit, your sp2 will probably miss. If you end your combo with a light hit and then fire sp2, your special will connect.
  • DeadMemeBoiDeadMemeBoi Posts: 140
    Hey there!

Is there a way I can send a video to you directly? The video is too large in size to post here.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    edited April 2019
    This isn't a bug. This is what happens as you go up in levels, as I started into map 90 plus(old map 3) this happened all the time. It is the opponent adjusting.
    As stated, if you hit med on last hit the opponent has a small opening to retaliate. Higher level, when you shoot into a combo, opponent will launch into an sp.
    I have read from older posts that this has been going on for quite some time. They're combos don't connect with they're specials for some odd reason.

I was getting frustrated with this until someone here (I think in Kaon) provided the solution. If you end your combo with a medium hit, your sp2 will probably miss. If you end your combo with a light hit and then fire sp2, your special will connect.

Not true. I just recorded my ramjet missing a sp2 after ending a combo with a light and a combo with a medium. Both failed.
    Send me the vid. Timing is critical.
    raider1hater1 is my line
    Rocsolid wrote: »
    raider1hater1 is my line

Gotcha
  • ZettatronZettatron Posts: 10
    In my experience, it really is all about the timing. Specifically, don't activate them too early. That's the opposite of some other bots, where you need to activate the SP as soon after your last hit as possible (e.g. Soundwave's SP2).

The reason for this appears to be the spacing. With both Ramjet and Primal, they kind of back up a bit, and then charge forward. When you pause a moment after the combo, they don't back up so much, and the SP connects right away. When you hit the SP immediately after the combo though, they back up further, and the extra time while they move forward lets the opponent recover.

At least all that is what I've observed with Ramjet. I haven't used Primal as much, but his SP2 connecting or not has felt the same as Ramjet's.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited April 2019
    Hey there!

You guys can try it out, it's very easy to replicate.

If you use either bots special 2 immediately after a combo and the opponent is not backed up against the map wall, the special will not connect.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Zettatron wrote: »
    In my experience, it really is all about the timing. Specifically, don't activate them too early. That's the opposite of some other bots, where you need to activate the SP as soon after your last hit as possible (e.g. Soundwave's SP2).

The reason for this appears to be the spacing. With both Ramjet and Primal, they kind of back up a bit, and then charge forward. When you pause a moment after the combo, they don't back up so much, and the SP connects right away. When you hit the SP immediately after the combo though, they back up further, and the extra time while they move forward lets the opponent recover.

At least all that is what I've observed with Ramjet. I haven't used Primal as much, but his SP2 connecting or not has felt the same as Ramjet's.

Thanks Zet
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Hey there!

Not sure if this had ever been looked into but here's one with Ramjet. I've been testing him out more often in Spotlight this month and thus far three times I've missed with his SP2 in Master.

a1yktkixkqbi.gif

#QualityAssurance
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Hey there!

Not sure if this had ever been looked into but here's one with Ramjet. I've been testing him out more often in Spotlight this month and thus far three times I've missed with his SP2 in Master.

a1yktkixkqbi.gif

#QualityAssurance

Same thing happens to primal sometimes. Once, during a lengthy battle, i used ramjet and i MISSED SPECIAL 2 3 TIMES in a row! I was not happy and i lost the battle
  • @Kabam Vydious could you please look onto this issue if you can?
    A solution has already been presented (by the community). Last hit in your combo before firing sp2 should be a light hit (tap) not a medium hit (swipe).
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    A solution has already been presented (by the community). Last hit in your combo before firing sp2 should be a light hit (tap) not a medium hit (swipe).

It works better but is not entirely reliable.
    edited May 2019

Doesn't work, those were all light hits in the GIF above. Maybe that works for Primal. I use almost exclusively light hits.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Doesn't work, those were all light hits in the GIF above. Maybe that works for Primal. I use almost exclusively light hits.

Ah yeah it must only work for primal, then. Thanks for clarifying.

No worries. I mean it's not like it's 100%. I don't always miss with Ramjet's SP2 after a light combo and I don't always hit with Primal's SP2 after a light combo. This is just the first month I have really used Ramjet against more challenging content and three misses is far too much.
    Make that 4 misses for me now with Ramjet's SP2 in Master Spotlight.
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »

No worries. I mean it's not like it's 100%. I don't always miss with Ramjet's SP2 after a light combo and I don't always hit with Primal's SP2 after a light combo. This is just the first month I have really used Ramjet against more challenging content and three misses is far too much.

But it should be guaranteed after a combo you won't miss a special
    In fact every bot has some chance to miss a special combo. Primal and Ramjet just have higher chance but not the higest: if a BW bot procs an unblockable using Beast Ancestor synergy, he will certainly miss the special combo.
  • In fact every bot has some chance to miss a special combo. Primal and Ramjet just have higher chance but not the higest: if a BW bot procs an unblockable using Beast Ancestor synergy, he will certainly miss the special combo.

But why would the specials have a chance to miss after a combo? It's dumb and it should not miss.
    In fact every bot has some chance to miss a special combo. Primal and Ramjet just have higher chance but not the higest: if a BW bot procs an unblockable using Beast Ancestor synergy, he will certainly miss the special combo.

But why would the specials have a chance to miss after a combo? It's dumb and it should not miss.

Bad coding
  • In fact every bot has some chance to miss a special combo. Primal and Ramjet just have higher chance but not the higest: if a BW bot procs an unblockable using Beast Ancestor synergy, he will certainly miss the special combo.

Bad coding

More reason to fix it
  • I'll see what we can find out about this, y'all.