Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Favorite In-game Character Designs

ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Most of the character designs in the game are based off of their toys, but have been reimagined by Kabam to fit the game's standards, giving them some minor or major changes. As the title suggests, what are your favorite designs from this game?

Comments

• ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited May 2019
    One of my favorite designs has to be Kickback's.
    xi9y1pu0w6fp.png
    It's a design I've never seen for this character before, but I absolutely love the changes they made to him. One of the details that I never liked about the Insecticons' original designs (barring Bombshell/Hardshell/Whatevershell) is that their faces looked too normal; to me they just didn't look that savage enough. However, the addition of a faceplate makes Kickback appear enigmatic and alien-like, like how an Insecticons should be. The inclusion of the spikes on the back of his arms is a nice touch as it emphasizes on his insectoid-like design.

Additionally, I like that you changed his choice of weaponry as well. I always thought that Kickback having a Tommy Gun was very silly, as he's too uncivilized and loony for such a weapon. Knives, however, fit him perfectly, as he could use them to give into his savage impulses, getting up close and stabbing anyone in barbaric fashion. Plus, he's a cannibal, he's gotta prepare his food somehow. So why not slice his opponent into tiny pieces and eat said pieces with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

His insect mode looks great. Looks just like the original with the addition of spikes which, again, add to his insectoid design. All in all, I really like this character design. It takes his classic design and makes some welcome changes and adds touches that really emphasizes on his character. I would like to see more great designs like This One Kabam.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Dinobot

I may be a bit biased considering he's my favorite character in the Beast Wars cartoon AND the most well-designed one, but here are the reasons why his design is (objectively) kickass:
    - Gold + (dark) blue color combination
    z2pxpywlm876.jpg
    5bbifrnoeqh2.jpg
    g5thxelciv3u.jpg
    Pretty much my second favorite color combo, right after blue + red
    - His design was made from scratch since Hasbro (or any 3rd party companies) has never released a toy that shared its design with this game's Dinobot. It's a perfect oppurtunity for Kabam to express their creativity and give a badass character like Dinobot some Justice. They took an already great design and made it their own, with fixed proportions that made him look somewhat dare I say it, better than the original 90's one (like that smaller head and his more triangular torso for example)
    - His beast mode looks great (although it was a ripoff of a different game
    - Laser eyes (unfortunately, their only purpose is to give Dinobot a crit rate buff)

My only complaint about the design is about his oddly looking face from his character portrait. I couldn't recognize who that was had it not been for the "helmet". Not gonna lie, his face now looks more like an anorexic Kree than Dinobot. But that's just a minor complaint

Overall, his design is awesome!
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Megatronus, looks like the highest evil and is pure sinister. Love his unseen jet mode too (unless it was actually in potp never payed much attention to it)
  • Jetfire. He looks brilliant.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    G1 Megatron, because he doesn't turn into a pistol anymore and it makes sense
  • Thanks for making this thread! It's really cool to see y'all sharing your thoughts on this. :) The rest of the team will love seeing it too.
  • Mine is galvatron cause of the carrot on his back
    Mine is galvatron cause of the carrot on his back

Him and cyclonus did the fusion dance. They became the Easter bunny.
  • Kitten wrote: »
    Mine is galvatron cause of the carrot on his back

Him and cyclonus did the fusion dance. They became the Easter bunny.

Fusion dance? Hmmmmmmmmmm....

• utfjq3n22x0i.png
    Primal. Because of this design I really got into Beast Wars, now it's one of my favorite things from the franchise. Shout out Kabam design team.
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Galvatron
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    Dinobot

I may be a bit biased considering he's my favorite character in the Beast Wars cartoon AND the most well-designed one, but here are the reasons why his design is (objectively) kickass:
    - Gold + (dark) blue color combination
    z2pxpywlm876.jpg
    5bbifrnoeqh2.jpg
    g5thxelciv3u.jpg
    Pretty much my second favorite color combo, right after blue + red
    - His design was made from scratch since Hasbro (or any 3rd party companies) has never released a toy that shared its design with this game's Dinobot. It's a perfect oppurtunity for Kabam to express their creativity and give a badass character like Dinobot some Justice. They took an already great design and made it their own, with fixed proportions that made him look somewhat dare I say it, better than the original 90's one (like that smaller head and his more triangular torso for example)

pkfa8ugth4wr.png

Another example of improving upon a well established character design. Kabam really enhanced his features to make him look more badass: the curled spikes on his arms, and the golden parts of his armor look more distinct, enhancing his warrior vibe. The tail shield has more utility since it can fire blasts and project itself upward (in the show it could only hover down), which I think is a good design choice. And I will agree that the color scheme of blue and gold is just perfection. Absolutely love it!
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    - His beast mode looks great (although it was a ripoff of a different game

Killer Instinct. One of the many games I've looked up for no reason but never actually played. I got MK instead, hehe ha!

My only complaint about the design is about his oddly looking face from his character portrait. I couldn't recognize who that was had it not been for the "helmet". Not gonna lie, his face now looks more like an anorexic Kree than Dinobot. But that's just a minor complaint

Ha ha ha! Yeah, his face doesn't look as, for lack of a better word, stern as it should be. Idk, I can't get my finger on it as well. It's also odd to see him without his rage-induced eye pupils, but I can get used to it.

Overall, his design is awesome!

It most definitely is. One of the best designs in the game. Perfect resemblance of Dinobot.
  • Thanks for making this thread! It's really cool to see y'all sharing your thoughts on this. :) The rest of the team will love seeing it too.

Nice to see you drop in Vydious. What's your favorite design?
  • Jetfire. He looks brilliant.

I like the inclusion of his battle mask, makes him look sick. And they did a really good job at displaying his massive size in the game. He's probably the biggest character in the game, towering over the Primes, Megs, Grimlock, and Grindor.
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    G1 Megatron, because he doesn't turn into a pistol anymore and it makes sense

Tank Megs is the best Megs. Pistol form has always been... odd for him. It would have been better if his gun mode worked like Shockwave''s (Transformer-sized gun that can function on it's own), but G1 Megs had to be handled to for his gun mode to work, which was bizarre.
    edited May 2019
    Galvs is probably another personal favorite of mine. They really adapted his Titans Return toy well, and he looks like a beast. If I'm going to be honest, I've always preferred G1 Galvatron's design over G1 Megatron's. Idk, Galvatron just looks more detailed and menacing. And that carrot gun...
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    Galvatron and Shockwave
    Jetfire for getting his scale (he huge)

Also rate the S1000 shark, very original design, I'd like to have one in my roster but alas
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    b25dbas2la9a.jpeg

I like how they gave Drift a bad case of hemorrhoids.
  • utfjq3n22x0i.png
    Primal. Because of this design I really got into Beast Wars, now it's one of my favorite things from the franchise. Shout out Kabam design team.
    I shouldn't have favourites, but I gotta give it to Primal too.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    utfjq3n22x0i.png
    I shouldn't have favourites, but I gotta give it to Primal too.

Why shouldn't you have favorites?

Honestly (and though disagreed on by some) I really like the Sharkticons that we designed! I'm a huge fans of sharks in general as it is, but I overall love the look of them.

Though Primal is up there along with Cheetor. God, I could just keep going honestly. lul

There are so many designs that I really enjoy, our teams have done really well with them and picking a favorite can just be so hard. It's like asking who the favorite kid is!
    Thanks for making this thread! It's really cool to see y'all sharing your thoughts on this. :) The rest of the team will love seeing it too.

Honestly (and though disagreed on by some) I really like the Sharkticons that we designed! I'm a huge fans of sharks in general as it is, but I overall love the look of them.

Though Primal is up there along with Cheetor. God, I could just keep going honestly. lul

There are so many designs that I really enjoy, our teams have done really well with them and picking a favorite can just be so hard. It's like asking who the favorite kid is!

I’m going to be honest I was never a big fan of primal’s gorilla mode in TFTF wasn’t cartoon accurate enough but it still looks cool! Scorponok is definitely my favourite beast design though
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Thanks for making this thread! It's really cool to see y'all sharing your thoughts on this. :) The rest of the team will love seeing it too.

I agree...I even tried to paint rippersnapper into a warrior shark cause I love the sharks!
  • One of my favorite designs has to be Kickback's.
    xi9y1pu0w6fp.png
    It's a design I've never seen for this character before, but I absolutely love the changes they made to him. One of the details that I never liked about the Insecticons' original designs (barring Bombshell/Hardshell/Whatevershell) is that their faces looked too normal; to me they just didn't look that savage enough. However, the addition of a faceplate makes Kickback appear enigmatic and alien-like, like how an Insecticons should be. The inclusion of the spikes on the back of his arms is a nice touch as it emphasizes on his insectoid-like design.

Additionally, I like that you changed his choice of weaponry as well. I always thought that Kickback having a Tommy Gun was very silly, as he's too uncivilized and loony for such a weapon. Knives, however, fit him perfectly, as he could use them to give into his savage impulses, getting up close and stabbing anyone in barbaric fashion. Plus, he's a cannibal, he's gotta prepare his food somehow. So why not slice his opponent into tiny pieces and eat said pieces with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

His insect mode looks great. Looks just like the original with the addition of spikes which, again, add to his insectoid design. All in all, I really like this character design. It takes his classic design and makes some welcome changes and adds touches that really emphasizes on his character. I would like to see more great designs like This One Kabam.

I would love to have a toy of this Kickback
  • My favourite definitely has to be what they did with Soundwave, they changed his arms to look like HIS arms. As much as I love the TR/LG Soundwave, the one thing I always wanted improved was his arms, because they're just Blaster's arms, they don't have his shoulder details, or the elbow spikes, the details on the front of his arms, or the ridges on the top of his shoulders, which is one detail I really like, then I start playing this game, see what Kabam dud with him, and they made him look like he's supposed to. They did change up his legs a bit, too, which I feel indifferent about. The TR/LG legs were fine (and better with the Reprolabels) and also gave him a different Sonic cannon and his proper Concussion Blaster. Overall, except for the sides of the legs, I wish the F2F Soundwave was what the toy looked like
    n1qtkkv0v0zv.png
    edited May 2019
    My favourite definitely has to be what they did with Soundwave, they changed his arms to look like HIS arms. As much as I love the TR/LG Soundwave, the one thing I always wanted improved was his arms, because they're just Blaster's arms, they don't have his shoulder details, or the elbow spikes, the details on the front of his arms, or the ridges on the top of his shoulders, which is one detail I really like, then I start playing this game, see what Kabam dud with him, and they made him look like he's supposed to. They did change up his legs a bit, too, which I feel indifferent about. The TR/LG legs were fine (and better with the Reprolabels) and also gave him a different Sonic cannon and his proper Concussion Blaster. Overall, except for the sides of the legs, I wish the F2F Soundwave was what the toy looked like
    n1qtkkv0v0zv.png

What I really like about Soundwave's design is how accurate it is to the show, especially when compared to other G1 characters. Designs such as Optimus and Shockwave (which I like the designs, don't get me wrong) are G1, but are clearly shown to be based on their Combiner Wars toys. Soundwave looks like his toy but more, making it seem like he was pulled straight from the G1 cartoon.