Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Feedback On Elite Daily Crystals, Blocking Damage, Crystal Draws and Arenas.

DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
edited May 2019 in General Discussion
Before I get started, I am giving the folks a Kabam! a big thanks for the upgraded daily and 4-hour crystals, and their continued hard work on the game. I will be speaking as a guy in his 40s in the game.

We will start with a simple bug or something just overlooked. I am not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but if a bot is blocking when Grimlock performs his first level special attack, there is no damage. Not even a little. Now if you had a flamethrower, and you fired it at me from 6 feet or less away, with me just crossing my arms, I AM going to get SERIOUSLY damaged!

So I suggest that a blocking bot receive at least SOME damage for realism and fairness. All an opponent has to do is cross their arms to neutralize one of Grimlock's special moves, and that can (and does) make the difference between winning and loosing a fight.

Now for the Elite Daily Crystals... Ummm... When you get to the level that you get these, what EXACTLY is elite about 2-star bots and mods? You designed the game, so you know better than I they are completely useless except as forge fodder or ore sponges once you get the big 4-0, and they were also in the previous daily crystal, so where exactly is the Elite in the Elite Daily Crystal? Seems to me Elite should mean actually l33t stuff!

I suggest removing all the 2-star garbage and instead add more useful things, like 500 4-star or 5-star bot shards or something. Make this truly be something elite, and work on your draw algorithm, because I have had these elite crystals for over a month now, opening dozens of them, and 99% of the time I only ever get 2-star bots. That's no different than the "Premium Bot Crystal."

Speaking of the draw algorithm... I worked my arse off all day today to get to the 500,000 level in your Crystal Arena. Got myself 7 Premium Bot Crystals from shards. I bulk-opened them and you know what I got? Nothing but 2 and 3 star bots! I should have gotten at least one 4-star bot. This has been happening to me for some time now. No matter how I draw or what timing I use or how many I ALWAYS get 2-star and 3-star bots. 3-star if I am lucky. Mostly 2-star.

So something isn't working right here, because if I have opened a thousand or more crystals (which I bet I have by now) I should have a couple of 5-star bots, and at least a dozen 4-star bots. The same thing for mods, since I started playing last year I got one 4-star mod. Most of the time it is 2 and 3-star, and it is usually 2-star.

I suggest you tweak your algorithm here, because it is not delivering even a reasonable level of odds for good stuff. I would have a better chance of going to the store, getting a lottery ticket and winning a few bucks than I stand "winning" (more like earning) any 4-star bot, much less a 5-star bot.

Maybe there is a secret here someone can let me in on. I have tried it all, clicking at random times, clicking right after it turns yellow, clicking immediately after a group of 4-stars, just pressing open - nothing makes any difference.

When I have spent literally hours working my way up through the ranks, and my reward is not much better than a slap in the face, well you can understand why I have said what I said. And speaking of this arena... I SERIOUSLY suggest you tweak it too. If you make it to the 300,000 level you should start seeing 4-star shards, not just 3-star shards. You have 3-star all the way up to the top! That is piss-poor payoff for the work entailed, and you know that.

With this, that Overlord's Favor and others, you need to increase what is given, and its quality. You should definitely double or even triple the amount of bot chips in your Overlord's Favor arenas. You know, better than me, that players are not playing these very much, because these arenas, to put it plainly, SUCK. Increase the amount of bot chips per tier, and increase the players playing these arenas.

I know you guys need to make money by selling Energon and Special Bundles. But you have to walk the line between making this game a slog for scant resources, and something people enjoy playing. As it stands it is a slog and I do not enjoy playing it. It is hard work, almost like a job for me - just another daily task to complete. And this is not how someone should describe a game. You don't have to open up a lot more. Just better and more reasonable rewards for the effort entailed.

That's it for now.

Comments

• Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I agree with pretty much everything here...but I'll only take detail into the elite daily Crystal's

So what I think about the elite daily Crystal's is the same as you...I find that 2 star bots and mods are useless...I feel that 3 star bots and mods should be the weakest...after level 40 3 stars are pretty useless except for forging and then they're useful

I'd also like other stuff like signature upgrades (3* and up) energon (20 and up) energy refills alliance energy refills (3 and up) also some 4* shards would be nice (no less than 300) I also wouldn't mind t2 alphas

I feel that there could be so much more to the daily crystals
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    It's hard to criticize the payout of a free crystal, however, I would like to see them add 3* awakening programs to them.
  • DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
    Beastdad wrote: »
    500k on the arena takes veterans on here about 20 mins to obtain, it is beyond easy.

I am afraid I am compelled to ask for evidence of this. A short, 20 minute video, of you going through an arena to the 500,000 level should suffice.

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    DreamBliss wrote: »
    500k on the arena takes veterans on here about 20 mins to obtain, it is beyond easy.

I am afraid I am compelled to ask for evidence of this. A short, 20 minute video, of you going through an arena to the 500,000 level should suffice.

He's being honest. Once you get the 3x multiplier going, my top bots put up just over 100k in one easy matchup. My other higher ranked bots will put in 75-90k depending on the matchup. It really just depends on the makeup of your roster. Keep working on building yours and you'll get there too.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997

Joking? Ask around if not. (you do not need a video of something so easily basic to figure out)

I know it may seem unlikely if you use lower tier bots, but when you have an arsenal of higher 5* and maxed forged 4* bots things get smoother in arenas.

It takes me between 22-24 arena wins to get the 1.5 million tier rewards, which is roughly 3 sessions of play and cool down wait throughout the day. When I'm lazy I do 15 wins for a million. (I know people are doing this even better than I am)

Using this as an example, what takes him 3 sessions is one arena run for me. I can get about 1.4M points in one go. I just come back a little later and get the other 100k. You don't even want to know what top arena guys can put down in just one run, it's pretty sick. Just continue to build your roster and it gets much easier.

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

He's telling the truth. My top rated team gives me 140k points in one match, second highest rated team gives me around 100k, third gives me about 95k... that's around 335k from 3 matches that takes me less than 10 minutes.
  • DreamBlissDreamBliss Posts: 107
    Thank you, everyone, for clearing that up.

I do not have the bots to do this, and was posting this as someone without a strong 4 and 5-star squad. So say anyone around level 45 or less, playing for 6 months or less, and not buying any energon or crystal bundles - that is the place from which I am posting my feedback.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Thank you, everyone, for clearing that up.

I do not have the bots to do this, and was posting this as someone without a strong 4 and 5-star squad. So say anyone around level 45 or less, playing for 6 months or less, and not buying any energon or crystal bundles - that is the place from which I am posting my feedback.

It's understandable but you also have to be realistic with what you can expect to get in return. Some of us are playing at the very top tier, some are spending, some have put in a lot of time and effort (in different ways to you, everyone plays differently and gets rewarded based on their focus and method) and some have accounts that are two years old, thousands of dollars in, hours every single day, like myself.

If you're low level, playing not many hours, not playing challenging AM, only doing raids and spending time on arenas rather than spotlight, and not using your energon on completing content for better rewards rather than crystals, you will progress more slowly.

Spotlight rewards, followed by select raid rewards are the way to go
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    edited May 2019

22x5 star bots / 34x4 star bots
    (various R's) (all are R1)

I use the 4 stars to get to x3 multiplier, then switch to the 5 star bots till i get to the hard (red) match-ups. Then i simply reset the multiplier, and do it again with 4 stars -> 5 stars. This whole thing takes me around 30 minutes and gets me to 800K if i don't lose any fight and manual everything.

When i'm lazy i auto the 4 stars and manual only the 5 stars, which takes longer obviously, but then again i only have time to push twice during the day, on start and prior to it ending to reach the 1.5 mark.

I only do certain arenas, kinda find the 1.5 mil mark tedious most of the time.