Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Please Remove Easy and Medium Spotlight Completion and Exploration Goals from Monthly Achievements

They're seriously the mail-in rebates of this game. Sure, they look attractive at the checkout when you're making your purchase, but then you get home and are actually faced with filling it out. And before you know it, you've frittered away hours of your day filling out tedious rebate forms to get your little reward.

Easy and Medium Spotlights are exactly this for veteran players. The tedium of them is maddening, but if you want to complete monthly objectives, they've got to be done. Please consider removing them from the Monthly Achievements and/or consider rolling their rewards into Hard, Expert, Master instead.

If newer players want to complete and explore them for the rewards they offer, then great, but removing them from the monthly goals list will be a blessing for those who want to be spared an experience that can only be equated to stepping on ants for fun.

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Synthwave wrote: »
    They're seriously the mail-in rebates of this game. Sure, they look attractive at the checkout when you're making your purchase, but then you get home and are actually faced with filling it out. And before you know it, you've frittered away hours of your day filling out tedious rebate forms to get your little reward.

Easy and Medium Spotlights are exactly this for veteran players. The tedium of them is maddening, but if you want to complete monthly objectives, they've got to be done. Please consider removing them from the Monthly Achievements and/or consider rolling their rewards into Hard, Expert, Master instead.

If newer players want to complete and explore them for the rewards they offer, then great, but removing them from the monthly goals list will be a blessing for those who want to be spared an experience that can only be equated to stepping on ants for fun.

Or make objectives based on commander level or something to that effect. There isnt many lvl 40+ commanders who are gonna bother with anything below expert.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    I'd disagree...the newer players need the rewards from the monthly objectives...it helps them progress

Then keep them in the monthly objectives but don't make them requirements to complete all monthly objectives. Make them optional, "extra credit" ones.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    This conversation definitely needs to happen. I've suggested in the past that some sort of "Away mission" be set up to explore these low level spotlights. Tie up 5 of your R1 5* for 24 hours and you're done with easy. Same thing with hard. Make it easy for yourself and auto-grant the monthly achievement for commanders above a certain level, or bot rating.
  • Definitely understand and see you're frustration here. We can see about having a conversation on this one, but I don't promise a quick turnaround on a response for it and I apologize in advance for that.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I'd disagree...the newer players need the rewards from the monthly objectives...it helps them progress

Then keep them in the monthly objectives but don't make them requirements to complete all monthly objectives. Make them optional, "extra credit" ones.

That works
  • bgunns31bgunns31 Posts: 7
    Kabam should just make that when you complete a difficulty of spotlight, all lower difficulties should be automatically completed. If you do master first, you’ve proved you can do everything else.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    edited May 2019
    bgunns31 wrote: »
    Kabam should just make that when you complete a difficulty of spotlight, all lower difficulties should be automatically completed. If you do master first, you’ve proved you can do everything else.

This would be amazing, please think about this Kabam
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    God bless America.

Someone has finally brought this up....
  • Had a quick conversation with who I needed to about this one and was able to confirm that right at this moment we want to focus our teams attention on different element of the fight, but do have plans of working with pieces of this in the future. So not all hope is lost on this. I'm sorry that I don't have immediate better news, however.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Had a quick conversation with who I needed to about this one and was able to confirm that right at this moment we want to focus our teams attention on different element of the fight, but do have plans of working with pieces of this in the future. So not all hope is lost on this. I'm sorry that I don't have immediate better news, however.

I have to hand it to you, you’ve been really vocal lately, I respect that 😎
    Had a quick conversation with who I needed to about this one and was able to confirm that right at this moment we want to focus our teams attention on different element of the fight, but do have plans of working with pieces of this in the future. So not all hope is lost on this. I'm sorry that I don't have immediate better news, however.

Isn't everything about "a different element of the fight"?
    Isn't everything about "a different element of the fight"?

Yes and no. It really depends on what it is we're talking about and what bandwidth has to go into that element we're discussing. This may seem like a simple situation to work with, but it actually isn't There's a lot those goes into completing these and it isn't a simple 'do one then they're all done'-- it's a bigger picture that we'd like to discuss. So as I said, we have plans of working on pieces of this. We are just focusing on something a little different at the moment before bouncing around on other things.

We appreciate any understanding and patience that possibly comes with that. We also apologize for any disappointment or frustration that can also cause.

Kitten wrote: »
    I have to hand it to you, you’ve been really vocal lately, I respect that 😎

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment. I'm doing my best to be here more often for the lot of you so I can be as open as I can about what's going on. I know it's been frustrating lately with things here or there and I understand that entirely. I want to do what I can to ease any tension by delivering feedback to the team as quickly as possible so to comeback to y'all with what I can ASAP.

So what "element of the game" are you working on? Or is it another "secret"?

• So what "element of the game" are you working on? Or is it another "secret"?

This isn't the thread to discuss this. Please do not persist with this topic here. I have actually dropped a hint about it another thread. We are working on getting you all information when we can. Insistently pushing for information will not allow us to give you anything faster.

Let us please keep the focus of this thread about the topic it was started about.
  • Speak for yourself; disagree with the recommendation. It helps some of us get certain rewards and those are "quick hits" for 4 objectives towards the month.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Speak for yourself; disagree with the recommendation. It helps some of us get certain rewards and those are "quick hits" for 4 objectives towards the month.

What if they remove them and reduce the total number? As in 'let's forget them altogether'.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Master > Hard & keep the same rewards
    Expert > medium & keep the same rewards
    Easy + medium + hard > easy & the rewards will become like that:
    You will get the old easy rewards for ch1
    Old medium rewards for ch2
    Old hard rewards for ch3
    Any new difficulty call it expert.
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    Just have an auto explore option for 100 Energon or something
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Buttehrs wrote: »

Or make objectives based on commander level or something to that effect. There isnt many lvl 40+ commanders who are gonna bother with anything below expert.

This
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I kinda feel that if Expert is completed and explored, the levels below it automatically clear. If you 100% Master, there ya go...you've shown you can do it. Clear and explore Master, get ALL the achievements when it comes to the lower tier missions.
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    edited May 2019
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I kinda feel that if Expert is completed and explored, the levels below it automatically clear. If you 100% Master, there ya go...you've shown you can do it. Clear and explore Master, get ALL the achievements when it comes to the lower tier missions.

This would be so cool. I mean i love playing the game and all, but as far as spotlights goes, everything below expert feels like punishment.

I would love to see this implemented. I'd rather raid a million bases than explore the lower difficulty spotlights.

So what "element of the game" are you working on? Or is it another "secret"?

This isn't the thread to discuss this. Please do not persist with this topic here. I have actually dropped a hint about it another thread. We are working on getting you all information when we can. Insistently pushing for information will not allow us to give you anything faster.

Let us please keep the focus of this thread about the topic it was started about.

Could you share a link to that thread? Or is it the clue thread?
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited May 2019
    Piconia wrote: »
    DrShotgun wrote: »

This would be so cool. I mean i love playing the game and all, but as far as spotlights goes, everything below expert feels like punishment.

I would love to see this implemented. I'd rather raid a million bases than explore the lower difficulty spotlights.

It is not punishment, it is pure torture.

This thread is one of the best suggestion I have ever seen ever since started playing

Onto that idea, would be great if my bot rating is 1.3 more than opponent, give me a button to instantly win as if I auto fighted but without the torturing part (especially good for arena)

You know why idle hero’s and afk arena makes so much money? Cuz they don’t mandate you to do dish washing chores.

This is exactly what drives players away. All about chores and much less time for skill matchups and fun

Imagine you are a michilean chef. Do you want to bother with the chores of shopping everyday? Washing dishes cutting potatoes all the time? No, you want to spend your precious time worthwhile cooking wonderful dishes