Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

When can we expect to see increase in Arena?

2»

Comments

• Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    edited July 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »
    So once again your saying a person that spends tons of time and or money shouldn't have an advantage over others?

No - im saying a game that ONLY caters to whales is a problem. A problem for me? No. A problem for sustaining a game for a long period of time and increasing the player base? Yep.

MCOC is a great example of a game that has a lot of whales, but also has systems in place that allow non-whales to get top rewards as well...such as a % based arena reward system. 30k people participated in the 3* arena last round. Of that, 50 people got the 3* featured bot. Thats .17%.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    How arenas are only meant for whales? I never spent eany Energon on those and I get the 3* bot every time I want it. You just need to have the teams and the time for it. However, it's a different story for the 4* arena, but I can reach the top 1% without spending anything, again just time, al lot of it!
  • Stitch626Stitch626 Posts: 286
    Peyote wrote: »
    How arenas are only meant for whales? I never spent eany Energon on those and I get the 3* bot every time I want it. You just need to have the teams and the time for it. However, it's a different story for the 4* arena, but I can reach the top 1% without spending anything, again just time, al lot of it!

So, you have not spent any money on the game at all in any significant way? Ive spent $5 on the game. How about you? Spending energon on arena was not what I was implying when saying that the system only caters to whales.

Hey, if you have been playing this game non-stop and have gotten lucky with crystal pulls and are in a really great alliance, and have been able to build your roster from scratch and are able to get to the top 50 in 3* arena every time - congrats to you! But thats not the norm for sure - and it still caters to whales because the number of people getting the top reward is a set number. If 100k people competed in the arena, the same number of people would win the bot if only 100 people competed in it.
  • PeyotePeyote Posts: 163
    I have bought energon lately, but not to get my teams going, I already worked on that before. It's all a question of priority, work on some team first, then on others and that's the best way to win stuff for free. And I have other examples (yes, with an S) in my alliance who actually spent nothing at all and ar ranked in the top of the 3* arena on a regular basis.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2017
    What you guys don't realize is that even by expanding the rewards, f2p has zero chance of earning the top prize.

All it will accomplish is lowering the cutoff by a negligible amount, and a greater number of spenders get the feature, exacerbating the disparity you feel (however unwarranted).

The only solution to the age old f2p vs p2w reward dilemma is simple, but it will never happen.

Put out a 2nd arena running parallel with the exact same reward, except this arena only awards the feature bot to the #1 player, and it is a zero energon usage event.

Wallet war is eliminated, but I suspect one die hard p2w player with a massive roster of bots will still take that prize because he can and will score more points per cycle than any f2p could ever hope to.

Sorry but, you can't compete for these prizes unless you dish out some dough, or unless kabam eliminates the use of energon for arena.

The only other possibility is running a series of events that have restrictions...

No bots over rank (x)
    No bots over total HP (x)
    Bot class restriction events
    Autobot/Decepticon restriction events

Etc etc...

• TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    Slibby8803 wrote: »
    How do we know that those are not the only 2000 people who are playing the game? We don't have the statistics on that. More realistically how that there are only say 500 people not hitting the second milestone who play regularly. That 2000 number has little value without context is all I am saying.

Sorry, it's actually closer to 5,000 people. A couple of arenas ago I ranked 98 and got top 2% but an alliance mate who ranked 99 didn't. 100 is 2% of 5,000, hence the number

Apologies for the initial mistake, I think I had that number in my head from a similar situation months ago
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    The main advantage spending players have compared with non-spending players is more strong bots. People who buy lots of featured bot crystals will always have more bots to play in arena than people who don't buy featured bot crystals, so it's possible to get more points per day.

r2 4* bots get more arena points than r3 3* bots, so players with lots of 4* bots also have an advantage. Which means players who started playing months ago will always be able to score higher than new players.

Whether you think that's fair or not... well I don't know what you'd want to do about it. MCOC eventually had a newbie tier for arenas, so in the first month of the game your score was only measured against other players in their first month. Second month was intermediate, and then you went in to the general pool.

That probably isn't needed yet because no one's been playing more than 4 months anyway, but it will probably happen eventually