Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Quintesson Base Algorithm

Okay @Kabam Vydious what is the algorithm for getting these bases because I just got 7 of 8 quint bases. This is a rip off. Usually I don’t care, maybe two in a row is nbd but this is ridiculous. They should only be showing up for low commander ratings or increase the chip payout.

Comments

• kranderskranders Posts: 479
    8 of 9.
  • Me too! 8 in a row! Impossible buy something from the store with ridiculous prizes!
  • SteffSteff Posts: 71
    15sur 17 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤
  • But in the meantime there's who's able to defeat my base on a low rate and steal my medals! Isn't right! Even because I can't revenge because of the shields! 😡😡😡
  • Okay, y'all. So. I had a talk with someone about this.

As I mentioned in the Knight Crystal Event thread, this is bound to happen when everyone is raiding as often as this and using as many shields as they are. There is no strange algorithm to it. You're over complicating something that doesn't need to be over complicated. The plain and simple reason for this is that this is what happens in exchange of everyone being attacked more and having more chips stolen in turn.

If we didn't have these bases in play, you'd see your Bases being Raided far more often and your chip stash far lower than it already is. These attacks would also result in the loss of more medals too. :(

So, I'm sorry, folks. There isn't something that involves the magic wave of a wand that changes the amount of seeing these without changing Raiding altogether.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I think the Q bases wouldn’t be so bad if they rewarded like an equivalent player’s base. Whether you’re trying to maintain or gain medals or raid chips, it’s rough when you only gain a small fraction of what you lost (it sometimes you get 0 medals).
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited May 2019
    Okay, y'all. So. I had a talk with someone about this.

As I mentioned in the Knight Crystal Event thread, this is bound to happen when everyone is raiding as often as this and using as many shields as they are. There is no strange algorithm to it. You're over complicating something that doesn't need to be over complicated. The plain and simple reason for this is that this is what happens in exchange of everyone being attacked more and having more chips stolen in turn.

If we didn't have these bases in play, you'd see your Bases being Raided far more often and your chip stash far lower than it already is. These attacks would also result in the loss of more medals too. :(

So, I'm sorry, folks. There isn't something that involves the magic wave of a wand that changes the amount of seeing these without changing Raiding altogether.

Even if that cuts down in half the number of raids bases have to endure, people here are reporting 80%+ Q Bases. Not to mention that the rewards for Q Bases are typically smaller than for regular bases so there goes the advantage of being raided less often.

Then there are people that might only care for Knight shards and they can't climb to the next level because of all the Q Bases.....unless they spend energon of course.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited May 2019
    Darm0k wrote: »
    I think the Q bases wouldn’t be so bad if they rewarded like an equivalent player’s base. Whether you’re trying to maintain or gain medals or raid chips, it’s rough when you only gain a small fraction of what you lost (it sometimes you get 0 medals).

Don't think it can be like this or the medal counts go out of balance. Basically Q bases would be continually adding to overall medal count while never taking away. Consistent raiders would see their medal count always increasing or too many would be in a certain medal range (like 2500-2999). Some might end up with 5000+ medals or something like that. It would upset the whole raid environment that is setup right now. I get it sucks to keep getting Q bases but they are there for a good reason.

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Mrnomis wrote: »
    JKL wrote: »

Don't think it can be like this or the medal counts go out of balance. Basically Q bases would be continually adding to overall medal count while never taking away. Consistent raiders would see their medal count always increasing or too many would be in a certain medal range (like 2500-2999). Some might end up with 5000+ medals or something like that. It would upset the whole raid environment that is setup right now. I get it sucks to keep getting Q bases but they are there for a good reason.

I completely agree from a medal standpoint, but as a balance the Quintesson bases should at least offer double the raid chips they currently do. At the moment it is a lose lose situation. I don't expect miracle fixes in an instant. But I like to feel rewarded for a victory. A Quintesson base win feels like a loss deep down.

I think this one is harder because they have one set Q base that is used for all types of players. For most, Q bases are nothing but they could still be too strong for beginners or intermediates.

If someone can propose a solution where there are variable levels of Q bases that take into account your medal count, commander level, raid team PI, etc then maybe they could offer more appropriate raid chip payouts.
    edited May 2019

Isn't there a cap on medals? What's to stop someone from dropping a ton of energon on raids if they really want to pump up their medal count to 5000?
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479

If this is the reason then scale or improve the bases. I literally do not care if I get raided because raids happen in bursts. There is no reason really to maintain anything.
  • Guess I'm lucky... Only 1 quint base this whole week!( That consists of nearly 15 raids per day)
    So, as a result, I was able to break the 2k medal barrier! Hooray!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Guess I'm lucky... Only 1 quint base this whole week!( That consists of nearly 15 raids per day)
    So, as a result, I was able to break the 2k medal barrier! Hooray!

The harder to swim up the further you're into the dangerous waters.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105

So... Can you fix that revenge feature then? That's a workaround against Qbases until you broke it (a long long time ago).

You could have a point about the medal thing, but for those who get raided for 45 medals and then get three Quintesson bases for 0 medals, that sucks.

But at least for the raid chips part. At the end of my shield, I lost more raid chips to the one person who raided me than what I got from the three Quintesson bases I ended up pulling. I feel like I should throw up a shield and stop raiding.

I guess if the raid revenge system worked reliably, I could revenge the people who raided me so I could at least be raiding a non-Quintesson base.
  • Another important thing to remember here is the reason why Quintesson bases don't give out many Medals or Raid Chips. While it's not going to be a popular answer, this is the truth:

It has to be done for Game Balance.

If these Bases were able to be farmed for Chips or Medals, it would unbalance the game economy completely. Just like the game has a resource management aspect for you Commanders, resource management is an important part of our Game Design as well, and something our team has to keep a constant eye on.
    edited May 2019
    Another important thing to remember here is the reason why Quintesson bases don't give out many Medals or Raid Chips. While it's not going to be a popular answer, this is the truth:

If these Bases were able to be farmed for Chips or Medals, it would unbalance the game economy completely. Just like the game has a resource management aspect for you Commanders, resource management is an important part of our Game Design as well, and something our team has to keep a constant eye on.

Considering that Q Bases show up randomly I don't think you can really suggest that they can be used as a tool to farm raid chips.
  • PrfctcellrulzPrfctcellrulz Posts: 130
    Also please fix the Revenge raid availability issue

I have 4 bases I want to revenge raid and I can’t.
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    Make it at least 15 medals, give us SOMETHING more than zero or one to compensate when humans attack my base and I lose 20+ medals

There was an alliance raid event maybe half a year ago where you scored points based on your medal count. I got raided once for 40+ medals dropping me below 2000. After that I got a bunch of Q bases giving me 0 and the occasional 1 medal. Took forever to get back above 2000. Definitely did not feel balanced then.

And now, with the raid store thing you guys are doing. You have to know that people are going to be raiding and saving raid chips. When we get raided, we’ll lose a bunch and since the revenge doesn’t work, we have to do a new raid. Getting Q bases that give 14-15k back sure doesn’t help it feel balanced.