Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

I knew Tantrum was good but....

iNightSkies video made me realize how much damage he can actually do. It's impressive.
I have a duped MV1 5★ and an unduped Grimlock 5★.
My plan was to put my resources into Grimlock when hes duped...but...thoughts? Best brawler?

I knew Tantrum was good but.... 40 votes

Grimlock
25%
CandKaneTyberiousChuck_CanuckPeasVoltronTechnobotbacondudeTransformator79mac10smg_ToaOfGreenPrimerprime5 10 votes
MV1
32%
TsunamiBeastdadTechnosFlrsbwStreetFighterJmdUnknownShadow2021Avacalhator_1PiconiaTfpsoundwaveOptimalOptimus_MV1DeadMemeBoiGinja 13 votes
Buy Tantrum
42%
Gunz0HalloweendmserdoodBodyopus79Tracked_SignalBlack_ThoughtBntyhntr3232_Scarlett_KnightBlackRazakSlayerCeltScarredArachnid333Warrior2410KittenHijacker2531iBKDarioCld 17 votes

Comments

• TechnosTechnos Posts: 29
    MV1
    I wish I had the luck of choice between Brawlers.
    But i would go for mv1. I'm blessed with primal and grindor which I don't like to much.
    Tantrum requires an aggressive Playstyle which I don't prefer.
  • MV1
    Mv1 is probably the most reliable one. Tantrum may do more damage but his playstyle is complex and you are prone to damage. Grimlock still takes 2 ticks of damage from dot effects, and can't heal it. I am not stating this because i like mv1, but rather who is good. That duped mv1 is great because at low health he is almost invincible and can do a lot of damage. I suggest putting those resources into mv1, he is a much better bot than an unduped grimlock. But if you really want to do grim, then do grim
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I also have a duped Grindor but don't really count him.
    He's a damn good bot, especially defense,but resources are too rare these days.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Buy Tantrum
    https://youtu.be/tMRZPvU5gS0

I never really liked Mv1 Prime and I despise Grimlock with all my heart (sorry Vydious)

I used to dislike Tantrum, but after playing with him and reading a bunch of useful stuff on the forums, I realized how badass he truly is. Tantrum is a pure glass cannon. Although his health isn't the lowest, his survivability sure is bad. Fortunately, the return for that is his damage potential. He might even be the hardest hitting physical damage dealer at 10 stacks of melee buffs. He's a simple yet fun to use bot, so don't be worried if you're a speedreader . Tantrum IS a double edged sword that forces you to adapt and change your playstyle once and awhile. Who knows, maybe that block + aggressive dash fighting style may become your regular playstyle after using him.

His signature ability is pretty great, you get debuff immunity and a small crit rate increase, but what you really want is the unblockable hits. God, I love those block breaks.

Here's a gif showing what Tantrum does to his foes
    ef8qt9unnu3g.gif
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/tMRZPvU5gS0

I never really liked Mv1 Prime and I despise Grimlock with all my heart (sorry Vydious)

I used to dislike Tantrum, but after playing with him and reading a bunch of useful stuff on the forums, I realized how badass he truly is. Tantrum is a pure glass cannon. Although his health isn't the lowest, his survivability sure is bad. Fortunately, the return for that is his damage potential. He might even be the hardest hitting physical damage dealer at 10 stacks of melee buffs. He's a simple yet fun to use bot, so don't be worried if you're a speedreader . Tantrum IS a double edged sword that forces you to adapt and change your playstyle once and awhile. Who knows, maybe that block + aggressive dash fighting style may become your regular playstyle after using him.

His signature ability is pretty great, you get debuff immunity and a small crit rate increase, but what you really want is the unblockable hits. God, I love those block breaks.

Here's a gif showing what Tantrum does to his foes
    ef8qt9unnu3g.gif

That but 200% slower
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited May 2019
    Mv1 is probably the most reliable one. Tantrum may do more damage but his playstyle is complex and you are prone to damage. Grimlock still takes 2 ticks of damage from dot effects, and can't heal it. I am not stating this because i like mv1, but rather who is good. That duped mv1 is great because at low health he is almost invincible and can do a lot of damage. I suggest putting those resources into mv1, he is a much better bot than an unduped grimlock. But if you really want to do grim, then do grim

MV1 is solid but, not to rehash....or reforge....an old debate, you mention how Grimlock still takes 2 ticks of damage from dot but can't heal it.....so tell me what can MV1 do against Acid, Burn and Shock?
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Buy Tantrum
    With skill and practice tantrum easily becomes the best brawler in the game
  • DarioCldDarioCld Posts: 18
    Buy Tantrum
    I think Tantrum can be a very solid bot if used well.

About Grimlock, I have him duped but still he's a little bit stiff in combat, I pick him only for raids.

MV1 Prime is a well rounded bot but there are better brawlers around (such as Tantrum).
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    I honestly don’t understand why people say tantrum is complex.... realistically your only hindering yourself if you HAVE to get to 10 melee buffs. In no way does tantrum require this.

He’s as vanilla (damage wise) as they come without the buffs, this is true. But over the course of the fight, you’re going to have to dash back at some point when unstoppable isn’t an option. Play tantrum like any other bot, and take the melee buffs as a bonus.

He has a very healthy damage output at even 3-5 melee buffs. Ok it’s not as high as it can go, but it doesn’t need to be to be EFFECTIVE. Max melee buffs just makes damage ridiculous, and at any rate, hitting those high numbers is the kinda thing you want to save for a sp3.

I’m no expert, neither am I a god of knowledge. But tantrum is the way to go. Especially over mv1, and while he’s unduped, grimlock. He’s nowhere near as difficult to use as people make him out to be
  • DeadMemeBoiDeadMemeBoi Posts: 140
    MV1
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

MV1 is solid but, not to rehash....or reforge....an old debate, you mention how Grimlock still takes 2 ticks of damage from dot but can't heal it.....so tell me what can MV1 do against Acid, Burn and Shock?

While under the effects of a damaging debuff, his willpower ability activates and he repairs by a certain percent of damage he deals depending what rank he is. A rank 5 mv1 can end up with more health than he had before if he gets a debuff on him.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

While under the effects of a damaging debuff, his willpower ability activates and he repairs by a certain percent of damage he deals depending what rank he is. A rank 5 mv1 can end up with more health than he had before if he gets a debuff on him.

That only works with Bleeds.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Grimlock
    I have a Duped 5* R3 Grimlock, a Max 4* Duped Tantrum, and a Duped 4* R3 MV1. Of the three, I like Grimlock the best. His signature ability really comes in handy in raids & is the bot to best purify DOT, acid, burns, & shocks. Tantrum can purify with his sig ability as well if you have 3, 6, or 9 melee buffs. But, his problem is that, when you backstep, you lose all your melee buffs. I will say, in Tantrum’s defense, if you have 10 melee buffs and get off your SP3, it inflicts damage on par with IH or Galvatron’s SP3.
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    Grimlock
    As much as I love Tantrum, I gotta hand it over to my boi Grimlock. With that Sig awakened, he can completely turn the tables on Bots which are near universally considered to be the best(Shockwave, Scorponok, Bonecrusher, Ironhide, etc). With Tantrum you're guaranteed to lose a lot of Health(unless you're a ninja), and MV1, only benefits off of Bleeds(and becomes extremely useful only at low Health)
    edited May 2019
    Grimlock
    As much as I love Tantrum, I gotta hand it over to my boi Grimlock. With that Sig awakened, he can completely turn the tables on Bots which are near universally considered to be the best(Shockwave, Scorponok, Bonecrusher, Ironhide, etc). With Tantrum you're guaranteed to lose a lot of Health(unless you're a ninja), and MV1, only benefits off of Bleeds(and becomes extremely useful only at low Health)

My point is, both the other Bots have blatant weaknesses that can be worked around of. Grimlock doesn't.
    As I work my way through the spotlight I find ranged shock and last month shock block.
    MV1 has to actually land hits to regain health, those shocks just make Grimlock stronger. Shock block works to his advantage, making each consecutive hit more powerful than the last.
    He seems SO much more useful in those crazy hard type situations.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    If waiting for Primal is an option, then Primal is your answer. With beast synergy, he purifies DOTs like Grimlock and when duped, he heals after bleeds too like MV.

Grimlock is my go-to bot for raids and shock block paths (usually use 3 beasts, Grimlock and 1 other bot).

I’m still waiting for MV but at this point I’m just wanting to collect him. He is useful and like a MV-OP-IH team is awesome, but that will still be second choice to my beast team.
    Grimlock
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    If waiting for Primal is an option, then Primal is your answer. With beast synergy, he purifies DOTs like Grimlock and when duped, he heals after bleeds too like MV.

Grimlock is my go-to bot for raids and shock block paths (usually use 3 beasts, Grimlock and 1 other bot).

I’m still waiting for MV but at this point I’m just wanting to collect him. He is useful and like a MV-OP-IH team is awesome, but that will still be second choice to my beast team.

I agree with this one
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    Buy Tantrum
    Tantrum all the way--if you can handle the change in playstyle. MV1 and the others are good as the others mentioned but they can all be played in a similar fashion. Tantrum requires a different approach. And I gotta disagree with other comments about him being a glass cannon and taking a ton of damage. He naturally has a 10% permanent passive (cant be nullified) armor bonus all the time, and that increases to 35% when he's dashing forward--meaning he can shake off a lot of damage, even moreso with good defensive masteries in play. And charging while unstoppable is 8% faster per melee buff, so if you're around 10 buffs, he can charge at nearly double speed to close gaps really fast, reducing the need to play defensively.

My Tantrum is power level 4,565 as a 4* 5/50, 100 Forge and 55 sig, and he has over 16k health. Yes, he dishes out a crap ton of damage, especially to warriors (Arcee and Hot Rod, for example crumple like aluminum foil when they get in his way, the warrior that lasts longest against my Tantrum is Scorponok, but that could just be me). At lvl 55, his sig gives him a 46.6% crit chance, but for a fact, I've had combos where every hit was a crit and the lowest non crit damage was between 1.5 and 2k per hit. In fact, most opponents don't last long enough to get him up to 9 or 12 melee buffs (I focus on every 3 which activates his frenzy), but if he gets up there, pretty much no one in the game can survive his sp3--I've taken down 8+k power level, 5* Megatronus at nearly 70% health down to dead with his sp3 more than once, his immortality thing didn't even have a chance to turn on! Heck, I've used him against Tact OP with more than double his power level and while he did take a beating, he gave OP a dirt nap. I hardly ever use his sp1 but his sp2 can stun and does incredibly good damage too, but I'd say his sp3 rivals or even is better than Megatronus' sp3 for damage.

And if you time his unstoppable with his frenzy, that's 6 seconds of just beating the crap out of the other guy and laughing as they try to debuff you or block! Someone said MV1 is great at low health and nearly invulnerable. Tantrum is great whatever his health, and with an extra 35% armor while charging, he can take hits and keep on coming. Plus, his unstoppable outlasts most other unstoppables, so its fun ramming into someone unstoppable and pounding on them, and pounding more after their unstoppable ends and yours is still going.

Some of this is kinda bragging, but mostly its just excitement because I love playing Tantrum. He's a fun bot to use whether you're in a serious fight or just screwing around with an easy arena or raid match. He's gonna take some damage if you trade blows, but its almost guaranteed Tantrum will dish out better than he receives.
    I've always liked really tanky characters. I love Grindor and have a duped 5* version of him, but wish he had better synergies. He's a good defense and stand alone bot but when compared to others, is very vanilla.
  • HalloweendmHalloweendm Posts: 395
    Buy Tantrum
    Good Lord, Grindor is super frickin tanky. My raid team is usually Bludgeon, Windblade and Tantrum. Windblade is too fragile, even a 5* r4/40, for him and my Bludgeon will almost always take some damage from him, and that leaves me to use Tantrum to fight Grindors that get in my way. Even with melee buffs, fights with Grindor using Tantrum are long just because of all the damage he soaks up!

The last 3 days of last calendar got me the shards for a 5* crystal and I got Grindor. I'm thinking of leveling him and putting him on base defense since I rarely play him unless I'm running all my bots through arena fights. Sorry for going off topic here, but, DrShotgun, any good suggestions for mods with Grindor on base defense?
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Grimlock
    Buying tantrum.. I think the better answer is it depends on your bot chip stash. Tantrum is not a bot I would spend 1 mm chips on unless I know that I'll have enough chips in bank for next month..in case a game changer bot comes out next month.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Depends which game mode it's for really. Personally I think Tantrum (talking about duped) is amazing for raids, good for Master spotlight up until the last 2 maps, and good in arena. I think he could be ok in AM but not as good as MV1. Grimlock is good for everything when duped. Not the best by any means but solid for all game modes, as is MV1.

Overall best brawler is Primal though for sure. Maybe even Thundercracker...
    Good Lord, Grindor is super frickin tanky. My raid team is usually Bludgeon, Windblade and Tantrum. Windblade is too fragile, even a 5* r4/40, for him and my Bludgeon will almost always take some damage from him, and that leaves me to use Tantrum to fight Grindors that get in my way. Even with melee buffs, fights with Grindor using Tantrum are long just because of all the damage he soaks up!

The last 3 days of last calendar got me the shards for a 5* crystal and I got Grindor. I'm thinking of leveling him and putting him on base defense since I rarely play him unless I'm running all my bots through arena fights. Sorry for going off topic here, but, DrShotgun, any good suggestions for mods with Grindor on base defense?

Man the HA works well, security module, strange refractor, even the RR...he just has a good AI and anything that hurts over time or adds armor is good for him
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited June 2019
    Buy Tantrum
    I honestly don’t understand why people say tantrum is complex.... realistically your only hindering yourself if you HAVE to get to 10 melee buffs. In no way does tantrum require this.

He’s as vanilla (damage wise) as they come without the buffs, this is true. But over the course of the fight, you’re going to have to dash back at some point when unstoppable isn’t an option. Play tantrum like any other bot, and take the melee buffs as a bonus.

He has a very healthy damage output at even 3-5 melee buffs. Ok it’s not as high as it can go, but it doesn’t need to be to be EFFECTIVE. Max melee buffs just makes damage ridiculous, and at any rate, hitting those high numbers is the kinda thing you want to save for a sp3.

I’m no expert, neither am I a god of knowledge. But tantrum is the way to go. Especially over mv1, and while he’s unduped, grimlock. He’s nowhere near as difficult to use as people make him out to be

I think players just find Tantrum to be complex because he requires them to change the way they play the game in order to reach his max potential. Instead of the player being cautious and normally swiping back to avoid damage, Tantrum has to keep his pace of swiping in or else he'll lose all of his melee buffs.

I remember the first time I played with Tantrum, I hated it. It was difficult to keep all of his melee buffs intact, but eventually, I got the gist of it, and he became one of my personal favorite Brawlers. He's not complex to use by any means, just... different. Even then, he acts like a double-edged sword (a bit) since his risky playstyle causes him to be more susceptible to attacks; higher damage with the cost of a higher risk. Reminder, that is if you want to use Tantrum to his max potential.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760

I think players just find Tantrum to be complex because he requires them to change the way they play the game in order to reach his max potential. Instead of the player being cautious and normally swiping back to avoid damage, Tantrum has to keep his pace of swiping in or else he'll lose all of his melee buffs.

I remember the first time I played with Tantrum, I hated it. It was difficult to keep all of his melee buffs intact, but eventually, I got the gist of it, and he became one of my personal favorite Brawlers. He's not complex to use by any means, just... different. Even then, he acts like a double-edged sword (a bit) since his risky playstyle causes him to be more susceptible to attacks; higher damage with the cost of a higher risk. Reminder, that is if you want to use Tantrum to his max potential.

There’s plenty of bots that require a different playstyle to any vanilla bot, but we don’t hear complaints about them. Jazz and drift require not being hit, cyclonus can throw players off with his dark pulse, UM requiring a few hits to get resistances up for sp2 boost. Not even going into detail about megatronus either. All can be played as vanilla as any other bot, and it doesn’t mean too much. Tantrum is the same.

There’s not many bots that can out-damage tantrum even with just 4-5 melee buffs. Sure keeping the max amount is tough and it’s annoying to lose them all in one backstep, but hi damage is still fairly solid. I take the melee buffs as a bonus to build at my own leisure, not a necessity in order to be effective. It’s just a bonus. Maximum potential damage output is very different from still being very effective, but very effective is still loads better than having nothing.

That sp3 with max buffs is still a thing of beauty though..... the only thing I’d warrant going to max melee buffs for without the risk of taking damage. Wouldn’t usually try to go for 10 buffs just to brawl with them. Staying alive and making he fight last a little longer is a better method than going gung ho for the sake of a melee buff that could potentially cause excess damage
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    I can tell you from experience, as I have grimlock, MV1, and tantrum, that you can’t really put one over the other, they are all very good bots.