Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Choose wisely.

So i have around 1 mill chips and now I'm confused b/w Tantrum and Dinobot.
My squad is Drift , wasp , rhinox and primal ( r4 5*)
Both of the bots fits in my squad . I'm confused.

Choose wisely. 40 votes

Tantrum
75%
TsunamiTyberiousBeastdadGunz0Chuck_CanuckFlrsbwDown_UnderDrShotgunSeb1976Tracked_SignalUnknownShadow2021VavatronPiconiaButtehrsSlayerCeltTechnobotScarredArachnid333ktomovOptimalOptimus_MV1 30 votes
Dinobot
25%
SkBirdmanBlack_ThoughtMr_WonderfulAvacalhator_1Bntyhntr3232_Scarlett_KnightDeadMemeBoiCarrotBoy2kmac10smg_ToaOfGreenRaquelChave 10 votes

Comments

• Tantrum
    Tantrum also fits well with the beast team. He also does insane damage if you get 10 melee buffs
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Dinobot
    I envy you. Seriously. What a choice.

Since you already have a brawler, I’m swaying towards dinobot, but I see why tantrum is so appealing. It actually pains me not to vote tantrum, but synergy wise dinobot gives the entire team a good boost, and will turn drift into even more of a monster. Plus he gives you the option to sub a BW bot out if the situation called.

Since tantrum wouldn’t be duped therefore unable to purify, while dinobot can via beast synergy, dinobot gets my vote. Tantrum might be able to hit the higher damage numbers with more ease, but dinobot gives you extra quality of life in your squad
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    If you have Brawler awakening, choose Tantrum. Otherwise, save for another month.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Dinobot
    Having used him myself I have to say that Dinobot is amazing he fits well in your team with 2 major synergies
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited June 2019
    Tantrum
    It pains me not to say Dinobot. Really it does. It's probably more painful than Dinobot's death.

But for the sake of your team, I'm going to have to pick Tantrum. While Dinobot will offer more class variety and would synergize well with Drift, Tantrum will benefit the majority of the team in the long run. You already have the requirements needed to run Beast Purification and if you add Tantrum to the mix, your Beast Bots will be more powerful as their attacks could be unblockable with Beast Ancestory.

It will however, leave Drift in the dust when it comes to synergizing. It's a tough call, tbh. With Dinobot comes Drift being benefited and Dinobot being the link between Beast Purification and Swordmasters, which is also a really great bonus. It's a very hard choice that does leave me with second thoughts, so don't count my rushed vote just yet.
  • Dinobot
    Like this game
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    I’d say wait too see who the new bot is in July
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Tantrum
    Why waste resources on a bot who’s already in the regular bot pool?
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited June 2019
    Either one is excellent but I’ve gotta agree with @Austin555555 wait to see who’s being added to the store next month before you make the purchase,
    I’ve got Dinobot as a 5* already I’m debating to buy Tantrum at the end of the month or not it depends if Megatronus, Wheeljack, and Cyclonus are all being added together or not lol
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Tantrum
    Tantrum is a fantastic bot. By far close to top tier depending on game style.
    I'd have snatched him up in a heartbeat except I have 3 5* brawlers already, one being a duped MV1. Resources are far too scarce still.
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    Dinobot
    Don't buy either one yet. Wait until close to the end of the month. See if you happen to pull 5* Dinobot from a crystal since he's already in the pool. Also, as others have said, see what the choices are for July.

Having said that, I lean toward Dinobot. All the positive points about Tantrum are correct, but to my mind Tantrum is much trickier to learn to play at an advanced level (making use of unstoppable as brief windows to bait out specials). Dinobot is a great asset for dealing with heavy armor bots, and of course there's the synergy with Drift that others have mentioned.

Both are good bots, though, and I think either one would be a solid choice.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Dinobot
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Why waste resources on a bot who’s already in the regular bot pool?

Because you might get that grindor you didn’t really want, speaking from my most recent experience.
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    edited June 2019
    Tantrum
    Slayer wrote: »

Dinobot is a glass canon, while Tantrum is just a cannon. Both do decent damage, to insane if you stack the buffs on Tantrum. Different play styles, aka don't get caught with Dinobot vs don't really care with Tantrum. Having both at R4, i'd suggest you go for Tantrum, he's a bit more forgiving if you get hit and dishes out a lot more damage on longer fights.
  • TfpsoundwaveTfpsoundwave Posts: 152
    edited June 2019
    Dont wait for julys bot since we know you cant get it with bot chips @Austin555555 @Jazz444
  • Tantrum
    I too have reached a million chips (first time) I just want to see who is the 2 or 3 bots chosen because I may want to dupe a 5* I have or get one I really want.
    At the end of the day it's all up to you.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Piconia wrote: »

Dinobot is a glass canon, while Tantrum is just a cannon. Both do decent damage, to insane if you stack the buffs on Tantrum. Different play styles, aka don't get caught with Dinobot vs don't really care with Tantrum. Having both at R4, i'd suggest you go for Tantrum, he's a bit more forgiving if you get hit and dishes out a lot more damage on longer fights.

If you have mix or jf the synergy is awesome. Also, rinox and cheetor give 8% armor bonus
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Tantrum
    Thank y'all for voting, i made my choice. Most of you guys might be pleased lol
    7ktz33rhe2iy.png

P.s. I wanted to buy dinobot badly (bcus logically he fits better in my squad) but i couldn't get the sparks to r2 him , and now with tantrum at r3 i can get 29 objectives easily.
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    Tantrum
    Congrats :smiley:
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Tantrum
    ds6k9nql24k0.jpg
    Picked mine up today
  • EliteDragonEliteDragon Posts: 146
    Tantrum
    I have both 4 * so it does not make much of a difference, but a brute force Tantrum is always good.
    edited June 2019
    Tantrum
    ukadf749yhdt.gif

Bull's got some power💪💪💪💪,
  • Tantrum
    ukadf749yhdt.gif

Bull's got some power💪💪💪💪,

13 Melee Buffs.

Now that is beautiful.