Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

shockwave energy charge

I have tried a numerous time but while fighting bundulgeon or drift shockwave energy in not getting charged by blocking the basic range attack. can any one help me with this. is there a reason.

Comments

• ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    They are not energy attacks. Bludgeon and drift have physical ranged attacks, same with KB.

Shockwave only gets charges from ranged energy attacks
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    If the projectile is counted as a melee, and not energy, then you will not absorb the energy charge. Same behavior when using drift against UM and he stacks 10 melee resistance buffs, with no way to reduce them.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Their ranges are considered physical ranges and not energy ranges.
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    edited June 2019
    Edit: LOL, I started this answer, walked away, and by the time I returned to post there are three other answers. Well, here's my take anyway.

It's because Shockwave only absorbs basic ranged *energy* attacks. Bludgeon, Drift, and Kickback have basic ranged *physical* attacks that Shockwave cannot absorb.

Also, when you face a bot that is on a mod that makes basic ranged attacks unblockable, Shockwave can't absorb those, because he has to successfully block in order to absorb.

Also also, even when you absorb a basic ranged energy attack, some debuffs from the attack might still affect you, like Blaster's Interference debuffs.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    He can also absorb ranged special, with block damage though.
  • bishawabishawa Posts: 30
    thanks guys