Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Arena top 30 - is it designed well or flawed?

On the one hand, people that has 30
-40 5 star bots all at rank 3 or 4, can easily hit 4 million + points will always hog the top spots. And they will continue to hog the spots due to ever increasing advantage over newer players

On the other hand, it does give players some goal for this game: accumulate as many 5* max ranked as possible to hit top 30 spots with minimal efforts. Also I assume some players may leave the game eventually to give newer players some chance for top 30, but that maybe wrong assumption since there maybe enough old players to forever hog the top 30 spots.

Arena top 30 - is it designed well or flawed? 24 votes

It is very well designed
0%
It should be converted to be purely milestone based
100%
CandKaneBeastdadChuck_CanuckMufc14Vivek619Jhn314Jazz4441121893JIMMY_SABShinokaizokuSlayerCeltTechnobotScarredArachnid333MrnomisOptimalOptimus_MV1Arnold_Palmer795DeadMemeBoiKittenBaRdYaAmN 24 votes

Comments

• 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited June 2019
    3rd poll option: increase the number 30 to 40 to 50....so on once a while..or maybe some other reasonable ways to fix the hogging problem
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    The highest rank should be the final milestone it would make arenas more worth the time spend rather than 3 to 4hrs then get nothing good
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I am usually within the top 30 in shards and sigs arena, so let me correct few things you mentioned:
    1- it’s not about 5* only, you need 4* as well, I get 60% of my arena points from 4*.
    2- it’s definitely more than 4 millions.
    3- it’s not easy at all unless you are cheating, you can’t rely on auto fighting so that’s about 250-300 fights a day imagine the number, you need 5 fights to complete a raid, 7-8 to complete spotlight mission, same for am, but to get top30 you need over 250 fights.

That being said, as a veteran player I would love to put all the rewards in the milestones and deleting the rank rewards, there are honest players who grind day & night to get in the top30 but unfortunately there are cheaters getting there as well (I know one was asking for arena help without logging in???), some players got top30 in the Thundercracker arena besides all the 3 other arenas which were running in the same time!!!. Kabam knows very well they were cheating for years and still.
    edited June 2019
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    I am usually within the top 30 in shards and sigs arena, so let me correct few things you mentioned:
    1- it’s not about 5* only, you need 4* as well, I get 60% of my arena points from 4*.
    3- it’s not easy at all unless you are cheating, you can’t rely on auto fighting so that’s about 250-300 fights a day imagine the number, you need 5 fights to complete a raid, 7-8 to complete spotlight mission, same for am, but to get top30 you need over 250 fights.

That being said, as a veteran player I would love to put all the rewards in the milestones and deleting the rank rewards, there are honest players who grind day & night to get in the top30 but unfortunately there are cheaters getting there as well (I know one was asking for arena help without logging in???), some players got top30 in the Thundercracker arena besides all the 3 other arenas which were running in the same time!!!. Kabam knows very well they were cheating for years and still.

@Mufc14
    Thank you for your detailed information. Appreciate it.

I noticed top spots in raid ladder is occupied by people with 2k 2k 2k bots. I don’t know if it was done truely by skill or was just total hacks. For what I know, it will be impossible to counter 2 high lvl harm accelerator paired with like Wheeljack with 2k bots..(correct me if I am wrong).

Anyway, I did some calculation, to get 4 million points u just need 150 fights. (Let’s say u have a mix of 4/5 ranked 5* and 5/5 4*...I don’t know how arena reset works, but I believe u can keep getting easy steaks with a mix of 4/5 ranked 5* and 5/5 4*. So 150 fights with each bot getting average of 26k points will be enough to hit 4million.

150 fights is like 150 minute and 2hours+

However, as people get more high rank high signature high forge bots, it will not be 4million points anymore, it will just grow and grow.

But my question is for crystal, T4, signature, alpha arena, is 4million points enough?
    1- 8k team smashing 37k base with zero damage is totally hacking:

4x8xacsng1pe.jpeg

2- 4m was enough for top30 in shards and sigs arena 12 months ago, 3.5m for the rest.

I am getting 1.7m per run from those bots (30 5* & 40 4*) and I know other players have higher rank bots than mine & more bots, in my case 3 runs aren’t enough to get top30 in shards and sigs (maybe enough for the other arenas) so that’s 210 fights but still not enough.
    1klsnfdqpa63.png
    vb5ts5dha5h7.png
    wrfbhn86mzfv.png
    0lsy5xtolruc.png
    flwo40qbd9cr.png
    mn36qgjiip5b.png
    4b7taxa5vjkx.png
    8kts1gtfodqi.png
    v416s5g206y3.png
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    小龙女 wrote: »

@Mufc14
    Thank you for your detailed information. Appreciate it.

I noticed top spots in raid ladder is occupied by people with 2k 2k 2k bots. I don’t know if it was done truely by skill or was just total hacks. For what I know, it will be impossible to counter 2 high lvl harm accelerator paired with like Wheeljack with 2k bots..(correct me if I am wrong).

Anyway, I did some calculation, to get 4 million points u just need 150 fights. (Let’s say u have a mix of 4/5 ranked 5* and 5/5 4*...I don’t know how arena reset works, but I believe u can keep getting easy steaks with a mix of 4/5 ranked 5* and 5/5 4*. So 150 fights with each bot getting average of 26k points will be enough to hit 4million.

150 fights is like 150 minute and 2hours+

However, as people get more high rank high signature high forge bots, it will not be 4million points anymore, it will just grow and grow.

But my question is for crystal, T4, signature, alpha arena, is 4million points enough?

4 million points is not enough at all, top 30 getting increased each time. I got top 30 for arena signatures ranked 28th. I did the same score in the same arena in 2 weeks before and got ranked 18th. Grinding that arenas in a nightmare though specially the bounty arena & sig arena. These are the top favorites ones. The other arenas may you get top30 with 4million points.
    Hello my good friend @NidRob, yeah the sigs arena was crazy the last few weeks, I got 27th for the same points I got the 18th place in the shards arena, but since you are a regular top30 what do you prefer? All the rewards in the milestones or keep it as it is?
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    Hello my good friend @NidRob, yeah the sigs arena was crazy the last few weeks, I got 27th for the same points I got the 18th place in the shards arena, but since you are a regular top30 what do you prefer? All the rewards in the milestones or keep it as it is?

Hi pal, sure I prefer all the rewards in the milestones.
    edited June 2019
    @Mufc14 u got hell of an awesome squad there mate. Thanks!

@NidRob appreciate ur input as well!

Not every body would share such precious information, u guys are generous
    Well my friend we can’t be more accurate for the honesty of the game, I am just saying don’t waste your time on 4m because it is not enough.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I'd have to go with NidRob on this one the rank rewards are why I do arena
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    The problem is
    Even the last milestone don't give you the best prizes ( I'm only talking for shard and sig arena for now, since it's the most popular one )
    Like the last milestone from arena shard is 2000 3* bot shard ?? Seriously, not even 4* shard ? And don't get me started on the 5* shard prizes which is so thin, for the people who aren't ranked top 30 or 1-2%
    Same for the sig arena, we don't have any 4* sig on the last milestone, but just have to get lucky on the superior sig crystal pull.
    Btw, those arena are coming once every 2 week, so for the people who are saying that the rank rewards are fine and don't need to change, you are not apprehending what's happening with the arena and their rewards right now.

That's why the top 30 are so hard to get to, and obviously it's increasing everyday, because everyone is getting better team, bots, etc ... and that's just not healthy for the game at all.

It's a kinda snowball effect where the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.
    And you know it's too bad when even the few one getting top 30 weekly say that this need to changes : Well it obviously need to change.

Like I said on another thread, the game is evolving, aswell as the raid store need to be, the arena and probably his whole systme, needs too.
    But we can assume that the whole arena system will not be changed before ages, so the simpliest way to correct that, would be to increase/change the milestone. You don't even need to get rid of the rank rewards, just increase a bit here and there the milestone, and you have it : An arena that's worth grinding for the next few month, before another thread like this one pops again.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    I’m gonna sit on the fence here. Not everyone has the time to get a multi million score. Wouldn’t mind seeing both milestones and rank rewards get a little extra, to accommodate those with a roster, but without the time.

I work during the day and left with enough time to do a single run of my roster for arena. It’s not my fault I have a life to live and want to reasonably progress in the game through arena’s as well.

Or they could reduce the cooldown time for 5* in arena. 7 hours is excessive. 5 would be cool with me
    @Celt I was looking for a phrase, and u actually did i it!

The richer gets richer, the poorer gets poorer. And snowballing effects!
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    I'm not a top 30 arena player but I appreciate the grind those guys go through. It's not meant for everyone and those that can are rewarded.

I'm not sure I would want to see a move away from top 30 to all milestones. Even if they added more milestones (Say 3M, 4.5M and 6M), it would take away the competition. It shouldn't be a everybody can win attitude. I don't think Kabam would want to release that many higher end resources either. They would say it throws off the balance/growth of the game.

For someone like me and those that can't or not willing to put in the major time commitment for top 30, I just take what I can get and play for the more important resources. If I don't think it's worth my time then it's an easy skip. I don't worry about what I can't get.

I would like to see some updates to the milestone rewards. Not asking for major increases like 5* shards in Crystal arena but the milestone rewards for that one are bad right now. Same with gold arena and a bunch others. They just need to be updated to today's standards.
  • Hey gang!

Letting y'all know I've shared this with the team!! Thanks for the constructive feedback on all of this.
    Hey gang!

Letting y'all know I've shared this with the team!! Thanks for the constructive feedback on all of this.

Awesome thank you hopefully they’ll make the rank rewards the final milestone we’ve got way to busy of a life to play the arena all day long
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    JKL wrote: »
    I'm not a top 30 arena player but I appreciate the grind those guys go through. It's not meant for everyone and those that can are rewarded.

I'm not sure I would want to see a move away from top 30 to all milestones. Even if they added more milestones (Say 3M, 4.5M and 6M), it would take away the competition. It shouldn't be a everybody can win attitude. I don't think Kabam would want to release that many higher end resources either. They would say it throws off the balance/growth of the game.

For someone like me and those that can't or not willing to put in the major time commitment for top 30, I just take what I can get and play for the more important resources. If I don't think it's worth my time then it's an easy skip. I don't worry about what I can't get.

I would like to see some updates to the milestone rewards. Not asking for major increases like 5* shards in Crystal arena but the milestone rewards for that one are bad right now. Same with gold arena and a bunch others. They just need to be updated to today's standards.

If the last milestone was 3M or 4.5M, do you really think everyone would get it ? this is an insane amount of point, Mufc14 said it, with his entire roster, which is already huge, he has to do 3 full run to get 4M +

Just sayin, but doing those milestone would give some incentive to those players who are hardly grinding to hope get top 30 and have probably never done it before, or even 1-2%. Without taking away the " privilege " of those high roster people or those who sold their soul to the demon and chose to grind forever.

Increasing milestone can't be bad, neither for the hard grinder, nor the casual ones, because hard grinder will still get what they want, because their grind will obviously give them all the milestone PLUS the top rewards.
    And the non grinder one, will have a chance at getting those great rewards, but not by hope, just by pure grind, because the milestone are Definite rewards, they are not dictated by the other players, it's just a fight between you and your will to sleep, that's it.

I already talked it about, when Thundercracker arena came, the problem isn't the top/rank rewards, the problem is somewhere else, just focus on the milestone. It will get everyone happy, and I know kabam don't want to give free stuff like that, so the game doesn't broke, but tweaking the actual milestone can only be benefic judging by the actual state of the game itself.

The last update on " rewards " we had was for AM, and those only gives ressources for ranking up bot, that's it.
    Arena gives everything else, including bot shard which is probably and most essentially, the most sough out ressource.
    @Celt the final milestone doesn’t necessarily need to be 4m it can still be 1.5m or 2m to obtain an amazing prize
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Celt wrote: »
    JKL wrote: »

If the last milestone was 3M or 4.5M, do you really think everyone would get it ? this is an insane amount of point, Mufc14 said it, with his entire roster, which is already huge, he has to do 3 full run to get 4M +

It's not so everyone gets it, it's there if someone wants to go for it. Obviously Kabam would have the data to set proper milestones. I just picked some numbers based on not much 😂

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited June 2019
    Just here to say how constructive this entire thread has been. Kudos to all for doing so and thank you to @KabamVydious for acknowledging the suggestions being made.
  • JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Just here to say how constructive this entire thread has been. Kudos to all for doing so and thank you to @KabamVydious for acknowledging the suggestions being made.

100% absolutely agree. Our team has already been grateful for the link being shared so they can look in and read it over. So double kudos to all of you, gang.

So truly the thanks goes out to all of you. ♥
    I think I can finally breathe a sigh of relief
    Hopefully no more rank rewards for only 30 people
    And hopefully when you 100% the milestones we’ll get amazing rewards, rather than a slap in the face lol 😂
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    I mentioned this in previous threads as well & others have laid out similar arguments, but it is worth repeating here... I won a 4* Thundercracker in the 3-day Arenas back in April. The experience drained me real bad, however, & I remember going on the record stating that I would have been a lot happier if they had just awarded a Thundercracker to everyone who completed all the objectives. We have so many great players in this game & just restricting a top award to the 30 best was not fair to other great players who could not invest the time and/or Energon. The same logic could be expanded to all Arenas. I think I might try harder in Arenas if I could be guaranteed certain top awards just by reaching milestones.
    Technobot wrote: »
    I mentioned this in previous threads as well & others have laid out similar arguments, but it is worth repeating here... I won a 4* Thundercracker in the 3-day Arenas back in April. The experience drained me real bad, however, & I remember going on the record stating that I would have been a lot happier if they had just awarded a Thundercracker to everyone who completed all the objectives. We have so many great players in this game & just restricting a top award to the 30 best was not fair to other great players who could not invest the time and/or Energon. The same logic could be expanded to all Arenas. I think I might try harder in Arenas if I could be guaranteed certain top awards just by reaching milestones.

Believe me the top30 players aren’t all great, some of them they are, the others are cheaters using a certain app to run the arena for them automatically while they are sleeping.
    Getting rid of the rank rewards and making it the final milestone is winning 👏
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    Having a full time job and spouse, i struggle in getting all milestones up to 1.5 mil, mostly due to lack of time. With my rooster i can reach the 1.5 mil mark going twice through all my 4 and 5 star bots. The problem is time related, beeing in europe the arena resets for me at 8 PM, so that's one full run, 2nd is after i get home from work the next day prior to the reset :D

I couldn't hit 4 mil not even durring the weekend, takes way too much time and dedication. Can't do that with a spouse, let alone if you have kids lol.

I'd rather suggest like the op to have only milestones based rewards. Maybe a final 2 million milestone for us mortals, and put a 4-5 million milestone grand prize where you get T4 class sparks which rotates with the daily class quest for those who are getting up there anyway. That could transition to T4 basic for sundays, or just a random T4 class spark crystal for spinning.
    edited June 2019
    I agree @Piconia ,but just 1.5m for the whole arena to take the top prize would be work enough, it takes 2hrs + to do it