Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

“Full auto” mode for spotlight missions

The autofight option helps with the drudgery of going through the easier spotlight missions. However, we still have to click on the path and start the fight to get it going. I would like to request a “full auto” mode — maybe enabled by a long press on the auto fight button where it changes color to red or something.

To start it, one would first go down one of the paths. On the fight screen, do the long press on the auto fight and the select start. The bot will auto fight and after it wins, continue down the same difficulty path and the start the fight with the next bot on the path. It would just use the bot it would normally suggest. If a bot loses a fight, it would try again with the next suggested bot. This would continue on until you run out of energy, defeat the boss, or the team gets knocked out.

Just like with regular auto fight, if you want to get out of this mode, you just have to tap the auto fight button during a fight.

I know there were suggestions of giving a pass on lower levels when a higher one was fully explored. That would be nice, but I don’t think that’s going to happen. This could be a possible solution for folks who have a strong team and can explore master, expert, etc.

Comments

• Yes this would be perfect for easy,medium and hard Spotlight
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Please do this for arena too. And raids.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Faithz17 wrote: »

I’d be wary of doing this for arena. I recently watched my 5* starscream get slaughtered by a duped r2 4* motormaster on auto fight. If I was actually paying full attention to it I would’ve taken over.

Algorithms can’t predict them all sadly. Even unduped screamer should handle an r2 MM no bother, but it happened
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited June 2019
    Yes this is much needed .... 🙏
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Yes please! This is now on my wishlist!
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I have wanted this for a very long time! I want them to add this

I’d be wary of doing this for arena. I recently watched my 5* starscream get slaughtered by a duped r2 4* motormaster on auto fight. If I was actually paying full attention to it I would’ve taken over.

Algorithms can’t predict them all sadly. Even unduped screamer should handle an r2 MM no bother, but it happened

I never trust autoplay on something of a similar power
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Move some calculations to server-side helps the game as well as releasing some stress of players.

Starscream is really iffy for autofights, he’s really fragile and dies so fast. And bots like MM and Megatronus can win bots higher than them on auto.

Starscream is really iffy for autofights, he’s really fragile and dies so fast. And bots like MM and Megatronus can win bots higher than them on auto.

Auto fight AI leaves a lot to be desired anyway. But just because an actual player could handle that situation without issue, and vice versa with regards to PI, doesn’t mean anyone should have a god given right to have a free pass. There’d be no point in starting at 0 streak. No one has that right over another player who has to step in from babysitting an auto fight to ensure they get the win, or the new player that has to scrap for every last point. That sort of elitism isn’t cool, and I doubt kabam would endorse it freely. You want to skip the basic rounds of arena, instead of just light babysitting, you can probably suggest that you pay kabam for the inconvenience of playing their game. And accepting freely that some fights, the algorithms might decide that you lose.

Let’s just be thankful we even have auto fight in arena, lord knows having to do the 1-5 streak in the other game is tedious, especially when you’d think it would be a forgone conclusion. Now that’s inconvenient, having to throw 5-6 hits and wait on yet another loading screen. I’ll accept the odd loss in auto fight for the chance to take over if needed, rather than having to do it all. But like I said, you could probably suggest to kabam that you’ll pay them to skip the starting arena streak. There’s obviously support for skipping the 1-5 rounds of arena, it’s understandable. It’s tedious at best when you just want to get stuck in with the high rank bots and rack up the points. But when does kabam decide a player is elite enough to merit being allowed to skip basic content? Whoever makes enough weekly purchases? The size of their wallet? That’d go down a storm with the majority of the player base, including those who are stuck behind paywalls or a t4c deal happened at a bad time for them. And then where does kabam stop?

I certainly wouldn’t pay kabam to play their game for me. I’ll babysit my auto run arena’s and easy spotlight for free energon. It’s not that difficult.

@Faithz17 that wasn’t directed at you, or anyone else. I kinda went off on one there, but on reflection some of it is necessary to be said by someone at some point, and didn’t want to have to re-type it in another post later. The 5* scream losing to a r2 MM is proof that nothing is a given, even if as you said, MM and tronus can punch above their weight. What’s not to say a player wouldn’t encounter that during their free pass fights? Goodbye points, and the chance to take over from auto fight babysitting. It’s a give/take, you might lose your free fights.

And there’s players out there that don’t deserve to be stuck behind a paywall or any sense of self entitlement or elitism just because another player has done the rounds so many times they’re sick of doing it. I apologise in advance if that came across as confrontational, because that want my intention, but you can see my point, there’s players who have to grind for every last trickle of points. And they deserve just as much as the player with the top roster who can’t be bothered doing the tedious tasks.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Well said.
    edited June 2019
    Nightpath wrote: »
    Well said.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I was worried I came across as unnecessarily aggressive during that, or a bit of an overreaction, which I accept it kinda was considering the size of the tirade over such a small thing as building an arena streak. It sort of stemmed from a RL issue at work and I just translated it into a more appropriate format for the topic, which is why it’s a sensitive issue on a personal level.

The point still stands though, as mere expectancy can set a dangerous precedent. Where do you draw the line? Well then have players demanding raid chips are automatically added to their stash because their horde of r5 5* can steamroller any base. Energon appears from nowhere during their sleep because they want easy spotlight auto-ran when they’re not awake. A player could purposefully lose their arena streak before they go to sleep, insist that it’s automatically done during their sleep and wake up with excess points because self entitlement dictates that they expect as much. Where do you draw the line with regards to having the AI have it done for you in a different manner to babysitting an auto-run?

A day 1 player should have no more or no less or a reason to do the tedious tasks of the day than a new player on their first day. Everyone is on the same level and asking to be treated better just because someone is ‘elite’ or ‘top roster/skilled’ is an outright joke. That sort of elitism and self entitlement would destroy the game within weeks as players who have a genuine need to progress wouldn’t be able to, especially in arena, because your top players would constantly increase the gap. It’s basic rich/poor economics when the rich get employees to do their job for them, and become richer for it while the poor struggle on. No one should be treated better than the other because of this or that.

To use words that nearly cost me my job last week, suck it up and get on with it. It’s part of the task, and even though it’s not me that’s gonna be in the firing line in this case, I won’t see anyone get metaphorically spat on because someone who has been on the same level for longer thinks they deserve better than anyone else. It’s not fair to the little guy and as mentioned earlier, it sets a dangerous precedent for the limits on what to have automatically done for you.

Edited because I accidentally hit post early.
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    Yeah this isn't one of those AFK games, and I'm glad it's not, those things are pointless
    Hmmm I get your point about actually playing the game and I totally support that. No one is saying give it out free or that anyone is entitled to it. Like if you have a roster of 20,000 rating then you should have the option of autocomplete. For example maybe if you ran it yourself, it would take 50 energy. If you do the autocomplete option, it would take 70 energon + 5-10 energon for speeding it up. Or 100 energon to autocomplete whole chapter of easy. So those who prefer to save energon can still run through as usual and those who prefer to save time can pay energon to autocomplete. Like maybe 100 energon per easy chapter to maybe 1000 energon per master chapter. Or just limit it to easy to hard missions. Personally I value my energon so I will just autorun missions in the background while I’m doing other stuff.
  • Good point @Faithz17
    I would probably play easy to hard in "assisted" auto fight most of the time, but some months be willing to pay like twice the Oregon that would normally be needed for energy refills.
    It should really be limited to easy, medium, hard.
    And have constraints on the roster to be used.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Love this idea 👍 hopefully Kabam can make this happen
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious please add this
  • Thanks for the suggestion on this!