Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Samsung Woes

Any update on a fix for newer Android phones suffering from graphical problems would be appreciated, especially Galaxy S9... I used to play on a 1st gen Pixel, and everything was lovely. When I "upgraded" to an S9, the graphics took a massive nosedive. It wouldn't be so bad, if shield, laser and general special effects were more visible. As it is, they can be hard to see...ultre26orz3f.jpg
bnkunwdd1b9h.jpg
dj5mwqdizmb1.jpg
384q6n8d0e3x.jpg
gazq1ig8612o.jpg
fc6i0zdyrekw.jpg
kdkrrs34cbw9.jpg
t6o342naib77.jpg
i6b1hfpv6rgb.jpg
0hzf3nj9kydw.jpg
3xgbxfy5g80p.jpg
y30brvpy14yn.jpg
613qiq4s2qsu.jpg

Comments

• PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    Or a note 9 :smiley:
    Note 9 works really good with the last android update.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Piconia wrote: »

Doesn't it work great anyway? I mean I know for a fact that it does because I use the Note 9 myself and even before the last android update I experienced no lagging glitches or crashing
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    Piconia wrote: »

Doesn't it work great anyway? I mean I know for a fact that it does because I use the Note 9 myself and even before the last android update I experienced no lagging glitches or crashing

I recently switched to note 9, so my experience with the game on the phone is new, not really patch related :smiley: . My old Sony z3 wasn't cutting it anymore, one fight and i could fry eggs on the glass back.
  • BoreholioBoreholio Posts: 15
    A similar problem is happening to me just recently
  • Android devices can be tricky when it comes to graphical issues. Heck even iPhone at times. It comes back down to our old conversation about how there are just so many devices on running different iOS versions and this can cause for graphical errors of plenty. Now, that doesn't mean we aren't always trying to look into them and working to fix it for y'all.

However, we do ask for your patience as we work on the performance for these and the betterment of The Fight. There isn't an estimated turnaround time on when that will be, but I can assure we are always looking at how we can improve.
  • BoreholioBoreholio Posts: 15
    When will this problem get fixed?
  • Not to state the obvious here, the S9 came with Exynos or Snapdragon; why did Samsung do this?

Android is just like Windows. Too many hardware combination to account for.

Definition of new Android phone is debatable. I have a UMIDIGI Power released in April; fairly new by definition, but Google Play Store says it is not compatible with my device.

The screen capture seems typical Android, a comparison would be nice.
  • voycf4y9n10u.png
    abkady9nrypx.png
    xf1i5run0txj.png
    iah4dp43zixl.png
    v9dfjv41byit.png
    but67o8exc90.png
    m4p5t9akwgnr.png
    m1d14xogbd9h.png
    ojukq1hhtm1a.png
    hyhmmqn50xhy.png
    w4xl310oaqvr.png
    x6ldn8oxfy4b.png

Just dug out my old 1st gen Pixel, and yeah...the game looks good on it, compared to my much newer, more powerful S9. The bots are shinier and brighter, and the lighting effects are awesome. I understand not rolling out a fix for all Androids, but surely it makes sense to do it for the more popular ones? Most of the rest of the world outside the USA runs off the exynos series chips, not snapdragon, and most Android users tend to have a Samsung phone...
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @AlphaBravo understood, but Exynos powers RoW?
    Nope.
    Snapdragon SD2xx and 4xx (occasionally 6xx) is highly prevalent, even in China.
    The rest is made up of MediaTek.
    Samsung is a non-entity in China, parts of Asia and Africa (where "local" manufacturers tend to go either budget Qualcomm or MediaTek. Spreadtrum, even. But never Exynos).
    Samsung only sells well in America, Korea and affiliated countries like UK, India (at a stretch, Xiaomi is making massive strides), Malaysia, Singapore, etc.
    Even then the China OEMs will have dominated the entry/midrange.
  • Stats for statement about most Android users tend to have a Samsung phone?

I have a Moto and an UMIDIGI.
  • AlphaBravoAlphaBravo Posts: 3
    edited September 2019
    Do a Google search for best-selling phones by brand. Samsung is way out ahead of Apple, with "other" manufacturers having a higher combined total. The point is, it seems to make commercial sense to focus more on Samsung, and the other top brands, including Apple, and make sure the game is optimised for their flagships each year. MCOC works like a dream on my S9, so has clearly been optimised for that phone. TFTF is basically the same game in Transformers clothing. I understand and appreciate that there are more Android phone variants than Kabam employees, I just wish more focus was given to the "best" and "most sold" phones.