Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Just a note for next month's spotlight achievements

ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Hey dev team,

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and say...

If two of the featured bots are in fact Sideswipe and Grimlock for July, and you make sideswipe the requirement for 10 AM wins... You're all fired.

Thanks.

Have a great long weekend, mmkay?

Comments

• BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    edited June 2019
    None of the bots in this game are "bad" per se (as we all know), sideswipe IMO is suited to dealing damage as fast as possible with decent means of power gain, crit rate and crit damage and has the extra of evasion.
    If you're doing high AM levels then fair enough he's gonna be quite "squishy" being a scout and all
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Or, just completely rework the monthly objectives because they are a boring and unfair grind
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    I don't get the sideswipe hate.
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Sideswipe isn’t the best scout ever, I actually haven’t ever seen anyone use him for AM.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited June 2019
    Change the AM objective to 10 raid wins with Sideswipe or Grimlock. The current AM objective is terrible.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited June 2019
    Totally agreed lol btw i knew this was gonna be coming from you General Manthro 😆😆
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited June 2019
    JKL wrote: »
    Change the AM objective to 10 raid wins with Sideswipe or Grimlock. The current AM objective is terrible.

I would rather not. I'm not saying I like the AM objective, because I don't, but at least with the objective in AM, we are able to run a couple lower level AM for those members in our alliance who don't have a ranked up version of the required bot. If the objective was in raids instead, many of those members would be unable to complete the objective. I know this is irrelevant to alliances where everyone is higher level, but we sometimes take newer players who would be slapped hard by this.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Manthro wrote: »
    Hey dev team,

If two of the featured bots are in fact Sideswipe and Grimlock for July, and you make sideswipe the requirement for 10 AM wins... You're all fired.

Thanks.

Lol 😂 I’ll max my 4* Sideswipe if he’s supposed to go into AMs lol
    I’m hoping if it’s Grim and Sideswipe that Grimlock gets chosen for AM achievement he’s built for those paths in AM
    Nightpath wrote: »

I would rather not. I'm not saying I like the AM objective, because I don't, but at least with the objective in AM, we are able to run a couple lower level AM for those members in our alliance who don't have a ranked up version of the required bot. If the objective was in raids instead, many of those members would be unable to complete the objective. I know this is irrelevant to alliances where everyone is higher level, but we sometimes take newer players who would be slapped hard by this.

I can see your point but it's not hard to run into a Q base. Those bots should be relatively easy for a lowly ranked monthly bot. Also, it's much easier to rank up a bot for raids to even just 4* R3 vs trying to get one ready for much higher AM bots.

As new players, I'm thinking the AM objective is not that important to them. The rewards for it are negligible (2k chips and a repair). Also, might not be that necessary as there are plenty of easy objectives to choose from to hit the first monthly objective reward. They are probably not in a position to hit all objectives which is where this is important.

In the long run, everyone would most likely benefit from this.
    edited June 2019

I can see your point but it's not hard to run into a Q base. Those bots should be relatively easy for a lowly ranked monthly bot. Also, it's much easier to rank up a bot for raids to even just 4* R3 vs trying to get one ready for much higher AM bots.

As new players, I'm thinking the AM objective is not that important to them. The rewards for it are negligible (2k chips and a repair). Also, might not be that necessary as there are plenty of easy objectives to choose from to hit the first monthly objective reward. They are probably not in a position to hit all objectives which is where this is important.

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you here. Yes, I do run into Q bases, yet even in this event so far, I've only gotten 3. For them to get 10 per month perhaps might not be as simple as stated.
    And as I wrote before, one of the points is that we run a few low level AM just for this purpose, so no one has to rank up an undesired bot if they don't want to. Raids would require that. I understand that different alliances operate differently, but this is how we do it.
    And as far as the objectives go... it's not the reward from that particular one that is valuable for some of these members, it's the 4* awaken crystal that is coveted. And being able to score the objective in AM, makes it easier for them to acquire it.
    Again, it really is all in your perspective. Would everyone benefit from this in the long run? Doubtful.
    Again, I'm not advocating a love of the AM objective. If Kabam were to either remove that requirement or change it into something else that would be more reasonable, I would be on board with that. I just don't believe raids are the answer.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Just rank up your 4* sideswipe so you can feed him to Cheetor after you finish the AM objective. Just go out of your alliance and do the objective. Use 3 accounts to taxi and be back in your alliance within 15 mins. You will miss one day of map rewards but if you are in the alliance when alliance hits the milestones, you’ll still get it.
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    Just rank up your 4* sideswipe so you can feed him to Cheetor after you finish the AM objective. Just go out of your alliance and do the objective. Use 3 accounts to taxi and be back in your alliance within 15 mins. You will miss one day of map rewards but if you are in the alliance when alliance hits the milestones, you’ll still get it.

Too much manipulation for me, so no thanks. I'm glad it works for you though.
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    edited June 2019

For us missing one day in AM, is a 5.5m milestone missed and that will be such a pain. Even they remove that AM achievements or make it for spotlight instead. So the ones who didn’t have the particular bot high ranked they can do the easy spotlight with it. Problem solved
    One achievement for daily missions another for arenas and last one for spotlight.
    edited June 2019

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you here. Yes, I do run into Q bases, yet even in this event so far, I've only gotten 3. For them to get 10 per month perhaps might not be as simple as stated.
    And as I wrote before, one of the points is that we run a few low level AM just for this purpose, so no one has to rank up an undesired bot if they don't want to. Raids would require that. I understand that different alliances operate differently, but this is how we do it.
    And as far as the objectives go... it's not the reward from that particular one that is valuable for some of these members, it's the 4* awaken crystal that is coveted. And being able to score the objective in AM, makes it easier for them to acquire it.
    Again, it really is all in your perspective. Would everyone benefit from this in the long run? Doubtful.
    Again, I'm not advocating a love of the AM objective. If Kabam were to either remove that requirement or change it into something else that would be more reasonable, I would be on board with that. I just don't believe raids are the answer.

Think you misunderstood, 10 raid fight wins by whatever monthly featured. So you could get up to 5 in one raid.
  • I think we're in the clear about our jobs on this one. :p
    I think we're in the clear about our jobs on this one. :p

You're my hero.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779

You're my hero.

They're professional moderators, but expert trolls. All this post will serve to do is ensure Sideswipe is the AM objective now...

As for Sideswipe in AM - Arsenal710 from SPARK used to, back in the day. Used Mixmaster too.

Think you misunderstood, 10 raid fight wins by whatever monthly featured. So you could get up to 5 in one raid.

Nope, I didn’t misunderstand. :smile:

Nope, I didn’t misunderstand. :smile:

Just checking because you said you would need to run into 10 Q bases in a month.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Sideswipe is a good bot, quit kicking and screaming for no reason.
    that1guy wrote: »

Not sure AM objectives are the way forward for him though, as nobody will have him as a 5* already, so not ranked up etc either
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    DaveJL wrote: »

Not sure AM objectives are the way forward for him though, as nobody will have him as a 5* already, so not ranked up etc either

Finally someone gets it
    DaveJL wrote: »

Finally someone gets it

I still like Sideswipe and I'm still going to get him as a 5* though
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    NidRob wrote: »

For us missing one day in AM, is a 5.5m milestone missed and that will be such a pain. Even they remove that AM achievements or make it for spotlight instead. So the ones who didn’t have the particular bot high ranked they can do the easy spotlight with it. Problem solved
    One achievement for daily missions another for arenas and last one for spotlight.

Yes we run the same. The way we run it, you miss map rewards for the day but you will still get all milestones. Go out immediately after you get your 5.5m milestone. Use 2-3 accounts to taxi you in another alliance run like map 2 D1 and clear your 10 fights in 15 mins. Go back to your alliance before they clock the 8m milestone. Usually it takes few hours before you hit the next milestone. So if you are back within 20 mins, you should be able to get it. That’s how we have been doing it the past few months. Just take turns to do it. It does mean that the BG will complete with 5 persons but the map is so short you’ll have more than enough energy.
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266

Mixmaster it is!
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085

Mixmaster it is!

Still better 😜
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Hey dev team,

Thanks.

You realize now they will do it just because you said something. If anyone else in the community said it they would be like 'ok noted, thank you!'
  • I mean, I could just tell y'all who the next three are gonna be while no one is looking.

In fact-- I'll go post it in the What's Coming Up Thread.
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    I mean, I could just tell y'all who the next three are gonna be while no one is looking.

In fact-- I'll go post it in the What's Coming Up Thread.

Don’t mind anyone of them for AM achievement though. 😆