Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

More than 1 bot

Should kabam add more than 1 bot each month?

More than 1 bot 42 votes

Yes
26% 11 votes
No
73% 31 votes

Comments

• CeltCelt Posts: 190
    edited July 2019
    Let us first get at least ONE new bot per month, then, we'll talk about having more.
    At the moment, i'm still worried about how that Nemesis will come, worst case scenario, will be exactly the same situation as TC, which is again, by no means a """""" new """"" bot

Can't stress how much I fear for the future's game, with all those fake new bot.
    The sole purpose of this game is getting and playing with the bot you enjoyed watching on TV, gathering toy, etc etc.
    No new bot, or just " reskinned " bot will never be sufficient enough to keep people by your side, and I'm talking to Kabam when I'm saying this, for the others who are enjoying the game like the end game players : without the lower base of the community, this is just a dead game with few veterans and whale that are keeping the game alive, that's it. And if this part of the community leaves, the word " veteran " wouldn't mean anything after, because you would be the only part of the community left

Think about it, Kabam, guys, everyone
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    One bot per month gives us breathing room and also lets them spend more time perfecting that bot.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I just want new stuff so hopefully we could get two different ways to earn 2 different bots per month 👍😁
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited July 2019
    Celt wrote: »
    Let us first get at least ONE new bot per month, then, we'll talk about having more.
    At the moment, i'm still worried about how that Nemesis will come, worst case scenario, will be exactly the same situation as TC, which is again, by no means a """""" new """"" bot

Can't stress how much I fear for the future's game, with all those fake new bot.
    The sole purpose of this game is getting and playing with the bot you enjoyed watching on TV, gathering toy, etc etc.
    No new bot, or just " reskinned " bot will never be sufficient enough to keep people by your side, and I'm talking to Kabam when I'm saying this, for the others who are enjoying the game like the end game players : without the lower base of the community, this is just a dead game with few veterans and whale that are keeping the game alive, that's it. And if this part of the community leaves, the word " veteran " wouldn't mean anything after, because you would be the only part of the community left

I don't know. I'm okay with some reskins; it's like an Echo Fighter in Smash. They're moveset is exactly the same, but they still have additions such as being a new character, and having some new abilities. For example, Thundercracker may look the same as Starscream, but he has an entirely different ability set. Ken has the same moves as Ryu, but attacks differentiate with speed and attack damage.

Right now I'm a bit fine with reskins, we're getting some new characters to the game for once. Afterall, a character is based on what they do, their personality and characteristics, not their design.

Now, if the rest of the new bots is just using reskins, then I may have a problem.
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    One bot per month gives us breathing room and also lets them spend more time perfecting that bot.

That's another great reason. If it was 2 bots per month, it would take a while to perfect one bot, and before you know it, the month is over and two more bots are added before you can perfect the second bot.

I don't know. I'm okay with some reskins; it's like an Echo Fighter in Smash. They're moveset is exactly the same, but they still have additions such as being a new character, and having some new abilities. For example, Thundercracker may look the same as Starscream, but he has an entirely different ability set. Ken has the same moves as Ryu, but attacks differentiate with speed and attack damage.

Right now I'm a bit fine with reskins, we're getting some new characters to the game for once. Afterall, a character is based on what they do, their personality and characteristics, not their design.

Now, if the rest of the new bots is just using reskins, then I may have a problem.

That's exactly the problem

One is not a problem, even though we waited multiple month after Jetfire to get it, Two is actually a pretty bad sign.

At this rate, i wouldn't be surprised if every bot that comes now is a reskin, and that's what I'm afraid for.
    And on top of that, its not like reskin takes them 1 month, so we can get 1 " new " bot every month, no it's not the case.
    Jetfire : 6 December
    TC : 18 April
    Basically 3 month to get a reskin
    Nemesis prime : 4 July
    Again, roughly 2 month and a half to get another reskin.

Listen, I don't want to be always negative or " that " guy, but someone have to say it.
    We are getting neither new Bots, nor new games
    Class clash event is just a disguised way of introducing us something new, and nemesis prime is a disguised new bot.
    If atleast we could get one -Real- new thing, it would change anything and bring so much hope to the community, to the veterans, to people like us who are on the brink of just leaving the game, because we don't feel like it is one anymore.
    Enjoyment, I can't get any since ... oh well, I can't even remember, to be serious.
  • Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    I would love it if Kabam had more than one bot a month, but since they haven't figured out one bot a month, I'd say they should figure that out first. Plus, it gives them time to squash some bugs and figure out how the new bot would work within the other bots.
  • Celt wrote: »

One is not a problem, even though we waited multiple month after Jetfire to get it, Two is actually a pretty bad sign.

At this rate, i wouldn't be surprised if every bot that comes now is a reskin, and that's what I'm afraid for.
    And on top of that, its not like reskin takes them 1 month, so we can get 1 " new " bot every month, no it's not the case.

Listen, I don't want to be always negative or " that " guy, but someone have to say it.
    Class clash event is just a disguised way of introducing us something new, and nemesis prime is a disguised new bot.
    If atleast we could get one -Real- new thing, it would change anything and bring so much hope to the community, to the veterans, to people like us who are on the brink of just leaving the game, because we don't feel like it is one anymore.
    Enjoyment, I can't get any since ... oh well, I can't even remember, to be serious.

The rate that it takes to get new bots does raise concern, but there could be some other issues that are not in control.

And I'm still not really surprised about the reskins because looking back at MCOC, they had a lot of reskins. For example, they had 4 reskins straight over a span of 2 months:
    •Immortal Iron Fist (then again, he's exclusive, so I'm not sure to count him.
    •Magneto (Marvel Now)
    •Symbiote Spider-man
    •Deadpool X-Force
    Then a month after their anniversary, they released 2 reskins: Cyclops Blue and Old Man Logan.

Sure the rate of their releases may seem quicker than TFTF, but unlike Thundercracker, their abilities were nearly an exact copy and paste (sometimes being worse), so you can tell not that much effort was put into them. So this wouldn't be the first time Kabam has done this.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    One bot per month is perfect because we can focus on getting that one specific bot. We don’t need 2 or 3 and have to run into a reforged problem again
    edited July 2019

The rate that it takes to get new bots does raise concern, but there could be some other issues that are not in control.

And I'm still not really surprised about the reskins because looking back at MCOC, they had a lot of reskins. For example, they had 4 reskins straight over a span of 2 months:
    •Magneto (Marvel Now)
    •Symbiote Spider-man
    •Deadpool X-Force
    Then a month after their anniversary, they released 2 reskins: Cyclops Blue and Old Man Logan.

Sure the rate of their releases may seem quicker than TFTF, but unlike Thundercracker, their abilities were nearly an exact copy and paste (sometimes being worse), so you can tell not that much effort was put into them. So this wouldn't be the first time Kabam has done this.

Again, you're seeing this on the wrong side of view ( no offense btw )

Mcoc did this on the early stage of the game, where the game wasn't that popular, and didn't have this fame
    What TFTF is doing right now :
    First of all : the total opposite of this, and by that, I mean doing that type rebranding new model, when the game is already on point, and not at all on the beginning stage ( We just hit 2 year after all )
    Second : A game is supposed to " evolve " not stagnate, or in this case, even going backwards.
    I mean, the evolution of MCOC is totally legitimate, and can be understood.
    The early stage of the game was difficult, they had a lot of trouble coming out, not much people was playing the game, not a lot of revenue, so they had to give more content with not so much resources.
    What's TFTF doing right now ?
    Basically they had everything on place at the beginning, therefore, every new character wasn't a recolor but a totally different model, etc etc.
    And now we might get 2 reskinned model, with probably also the same animations again ? And we have this, after the new model each month and the early stage of the game where this could have been understandable ?

Come on guys, you're probably smart enough to understand what i'm trying to pull out here, no need for me to further detail.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    We don't even know if we can get 1 bot per month, yet. Lower your anticipation, people.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited July 2019
    We don't even know if we can get 1 bot per month, yet. Lower your anticipation, people.

Lol 😂 this game better at least get one new bot each month, we need at least one reason to play this game lol
  • True
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited July 2019

•Magneto (Marvel Now)
    •Symbiote Spider-man
    •Deadpool X-Force

Again, you're seeing this on the wrong side of view ( no offense btw )

Mcoc did this on the early stage of the game, where the game wasn't that popular, and didn't have this fame
    What TFTF is doing right now :
    First of all : the total opposite of this, and by that, I mean doing that type rebranding new model, when the game is already on point, and not at all on the beginning stage ( We just hit 2 year after all )
    Second : A game is supposed to " evolve " not stagnate, or in this case, even going backwards.
    I mean, the evolution of MCOC is totally legitimate, and can be understood.
    The early stage of the game was difficult, they had a lot of trouble coming out, not much people was playing the game, not a lot of revenue, so they had to give more content with not so much resources.
    What's TFTF doing right now ?
    Basically they had everything on place at the beginning, therefore, every new character wasn't a recolor but a totally different model, etc etc.
    And now we might get 2 reskinned model, with probably also the same animations again ? And we have this, after the new model each month and the early stage of the game where this could have been understandable ?

Come on guys, you're probably smart enough to understand what i'm trying to pull out here, no need for me to further detail.

I understand where you may be coming from. The game is still on this life support, with a severe lack of content. Bots are coming in an unsteady pace. No new story Act to give this game a new breath of life. No game mode.

But, Kabam is trying. The only question is if trying it truly enough. The past 3 months have been going at a more steady pace, with the Thundercracker Challenge, Chrono-Vectors, Class Clash, and now, Nemesis Prime. That's good compared to the months before, but not as good as the glory days.

I'm not a true veteran at this game, so I may not understand the frustration of veterans. The game is a hobby to me. That is why these little crumbles of content have been able to satisfy me, I'm casual. Afterall, I just play the game just to play with my favorite characters and interact with people that like TF.

If Nemesis Prime, a fan-favorite character is added, then I'm going to like it regardless of how he is. If Class Clash is a grind fest the first time, then hopefully Kabam could learn from their mistake the second time.
    The problem is that Kabam still leaves us in the dark most of the time and sadly, doesn't make this game live up to it's true potential. But until then, I'm just going to casually play when it's interesting, or if I'm in a TF mood (then again, AM demands me to). Hopefully there will be a day that the game loves up to its potential.
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    Where is the "LoL" option for this poll.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760

I’m going to agree with you here, although I think the TC/scream reskin was more to do with the specials being the same as well. No issue that they look the exact same visually, as they do but The specials are unbefitting a brawler animation wise. Especially the sp1/3. Something different would have made all the angst go away, as everyone would have accepted the aesthetic similarities
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I'd like 1 new bot per month than 5*s that we can't get by any means other than these events
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited July 2019

"Transformeeeeeeers.. ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" 🎼🎵🎶
  • Piconia wrote: »
    Where is the "LoL" option for this poll.
    Um this is my page so yah don’t get upset for a small thing

• Are you guys upset for something I said?
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    If they're reskins then just pump out 40 a month...otherwise no
  • If they start pumping more out then there would be room for error
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    LoL, they're currently struggling to give us bots with "unique animations" due to Hasbro's copyright issues + budget issues. Adding 2 or more bots per month is simply impossible at this state of the game, unless Hasbro actually does something for the Transformers franchise.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    LoL, they're currently struggling to give us bots with "unique animations" due to Hasbro's copyright issues + budget issues. Adding 2 or more bots per month is simply impossible at this state of the game, unless Hasbro actually does something for the Transformers franchise.

Dont believe I saw anything like this. Also I believe reskinning would violate copyrights.
    Once they finished moving to their new office we started to get content.
    What budget issues do you speak of?