Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Jetfire vs. Wheeljack: who to get?

Curious what some of the top players think. I haven’t used JF since his update. Should I grab a 5* JF tomorrow and take him to r4? Or wait till WJ comes around? I’m in no rush and don’t need either for high level AM. My concerns are resources and grinding out all the achievements in order to unlock their signatures. Hate to do it twice. Thanks guys

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    I'd pick jetfire , which I'm gonna do once he shows up in the store.
  • TertTert Posts: 13
    Any particular reason? I like the changes they made to JF. But big appeal of WJ is his health revive. Doesn’t JF top out at 75%?
    Thanks in advance
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Tert wrote: »
    Any particular reason? I like the changes they made to JF. But big appeal of WJ is his health revive. Doesn’t JF top out at 75%?
    Thanks in advance

Well you can't get a 5* wheeljack anyway but honestly I'm greedy and want both.
    For me I've always loved wheeljack's force shield and I just find Jetfire fun to play
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Tert wrote: »
    Curious what some of the top players think. I haven’t used JF since his update. Should I grab a 5* JF tomorrow and take him to r4? Or wait till WJ comes around? I’m in no rush and don’t need either for high level AM. My concerns are resources and grinding out all the achievements in order to unlock their signatures. Hate to do it twice. Thanks guys

If you get Jetfire now, there’s a chance that by the time Wheeljack finally comes around as a featured bot, you’ll have another 1m chips.
    @BaRdYaAmN yeah, I’m not in a rush. So I don’t mind waiting until WJ is available. Guess you can’t go wrong with either. Except my A team (MVI OG Prowl Arcee) has none of JF’s best synergies. And I don’t see myself building up Mix, Scream, etc. At least at this point.
    @Darm0k True. But might need 3 million chips in order to hit all the achievements and unlock his shield.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    a duped WJ is probably the safer bet.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I might get Jetfire, but my main game plan is Wheeljack because I can fight longer and more relaxed with Wheeljack
  • Warrior2410Warrior2410 Posts: 154
    I'm nabbing Wheeljack because I find him much better than Jetfire as a whole.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Jetfire is better utility wise (Power Lock + Heal + Stun + Power Rate). His Repair is also superior to WJ's, and since they changed the AM timer, he's become the safer/more useful bot for multiple fights
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    I don’t use jetfire much yet. How does his heal trigger?
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Jetfire is better utility wise (Power Lock + Heal + Stun + Power Rate). His Repair is also superior to WJ's, and since they changed the AM timer, he's become the safer/more useful bot for multiple fights

Uhh no. Maybe without nanorepair but otherwise WJ has amazing utility if played correctly. You also need to parry to be able to heal regularly with JF which is risk vs reward.

There is a reason 4* WJ is still used in d100+.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    I don’t use jetfire much yet. How does his heal trigger?

You need to hold block for 1 to activate the heal (which is only available once his health drops below 75%). That healing effect does consume Energy charges, so it may backfire if not used carefully.
    kranders wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »

Uhh no. Maybe without nanorepair but otherwise WJ has amazing utility if played correctly. You also need to parry to be able to heal regularly with JF which is risk vs reward.

There is a reason 4* WJ is still used in d100+.

I see. What I dislike about WJ's kit is the randomness of gaining Upgrades and inflicting Debuffs on his Specials, while nearly everything in JF's kit is guaranteed to proc.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    WJ has to be played differently depending on what you get so you have to be adaptive but he is a top tier. S1 will trigger a lot of debuffs and is the main thing to use until you approach nano’s cooldown. Then managing his thresholds with s3 heal is pretty simple.

I saw potential in jetfire to start but WJ still wins out in most situations. Approaching sig 100 his heal may be better but that’s a long way off for just about everyone.