Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

How does Kabam get $ from ads?

I’m a born-again F2P player (haven’t paid for anything in-game for over a year). I’m just wondering if watching the 3x daily 5-energon ads is making them money just by watching? Or do I need to click on the ad for them to make revenue? Or download the advertised app?

Same goes for the 6-hour energy recharge ads.

I’m just asking because it would be nice to support them in some small way without spending my own money. If it comes down to having to click on a few ads rather than close them, I can probably do that now and then.

Comments

• ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    NanoJack wrote: »
    I’m a born-again F2P player (haven’t paid for anything in-game for over a year). I’m just wondering if watching the 3x daily 5-energon ads is making them money just by watching? Or do I need to click on the ad for them to make revenue? Or download the advertised app?

Same goes for the 6-hour energy recharge ads.

I’m just asking because it would be nice to support them in some small way without spending my own money. If it comes down to having to click on a few ads rather than close them, I can probably do that now and then.

I think everytime an ad plays whosever ad it was pays kabam a monetary value for the rum time. Kinda like super bowl ads im guessing lol
  • They are paid per view most probably.

If they are paid per click, they wouldn't have the right to say anyway, as it would be against the TOS (click invitation is prohibited).
    They could also be paid an extra per "conversion", meaning they are paid if you install the advertised.app

Need to check Unity ads developer website to check
  • NanoJackNanoJack Posts: 13
    Thanks, guys. I’ll just continue watching the 6-7 ads per day to support Kabam. Cheers