Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

AI bug video thread

小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
I am going to post many videos about bugs. Let’s post videos here.

Bug: Should shoot if distance not enough for melee, why melee if you are far and will miss. You should shoot not melee. Massive fail.
https://youtu.be/1kYk2vkwC7w

Comments

• Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Yeah, I notice this a lot with Rhinox.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited July 2019
    Bug: failed melee again, rhinox is so far from tronus, yet he did a melee instead of shooting. Lucky this time tronus didn’t fight back.

Tell me what am I supposed to do at that distance other than shooting? If I back step I might eat a few shots followed by opponent full combo. But if I press shoot, he would melee instead and also potentially eat a full combo
    https://youtu.be/WaK3zNSHz6U
    edited July 2019
    Bug: same issue again this time on prowl
    https://youtu.be/p1x1xlGtpBQ
    edited July 2019
    In the other thread, I mentioned before that primal or bot can fire a special after my bullet hit him, that was an illusion. The AI is so fast, he fired up a special right after prime pulled his gun and before he fired a shot. In the image primal bar gone down already right before my gun starts shooting.

So maybe u pressed attack button before primal started special 2, but drawing gun takes a long time..and primal is smart enough to know that

xp903gf6m3ka.png
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I experience this issue too. I don't think it's a bug, but it's definitely annoying. You just shot the opponent in the face but then, for literally no reaosn, you bot cancels their ranged attack and starts punching the opponent.
    edited July 2019
    Issue: it is an issue not a bug. Rhinox recoil distance is so short and the animation is so long, even if the opponent bot hit the wall just a little bit, he can retaliate back immediately and side stepping will fail miserably.

Not sure if rollout or ranged heavy bot can get hit like this....I want to find out
    https://youtu.be/qDK8mUNeYgk
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Issue: it is an issue not a bug. Rhinox recoil distance is so short and the animation is so long, even if the opponent bot hit the wall just a little bit, he can retaliate back immediately and side stepping will fail miserably.

Not sure if rollout or ranged heavy bot can get hit like this....I want to find out
    https://youtu.be/qDK8mUNeYgk

Please dont take any offense. However, I believe that you should spend more time in 3.2 hard routes in master and map 3 100plus to learn the differences between advanced AI techniques and game issues.
    Everything the AI can do, you can do.
    @Rocsolid thanks for letting me know. That’s why I worded issue not bug. It’s good people are confirming that high lvl AI is doing such things and it is normal. So have to revise fighting strategies significantly. Like never heavy near the walls
  • Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    edited July 2019
    The ramjet vid and the scorp vid where you shoot and dash is something you need to refine as well. Both instances the AI blocks the range which allows them to attack right away. You shouldn't be attacking right away unless you're sure the range actually hits the bot so he is off balance.
    My suggestion is to play a bit more patient and watch for the AI to shoot 3 bullets instead of 2, this way they take longer to recover and you are guaranteed to land the range and start your combo

Your vids you are trying to intercept with a range and attack rather than counter their range so try to be patient with that as well, you need the range to connect everytime or risk a hit. So morale of the story whether its a counter attack after the AI fires, or an intercept, you need to connect.
    Canuck33 wrote: »
    The ramjet vid and the scorp vid where you shoot and dash is something you need to refine as well. Both instances the AI blocks the range which allows them to attack right away. You shouldn't be attacking right away unless you're sure the range actually hits the bot so he is off balance.
    My suggestion is to play a bit more patient and watch for the AI to shoot 3 bullets instead of 2, this way they take longer to recover and you are guaranteed to land the range and start your combo

Your vids you are trying to intercept with a range and attack rather than counter their range so try to be patient with that as well, you need the range to connect everytime or risk a hit. So morale of the story whether its a counter attack after the AI fires, or an intercept, you need to connect.

I hands down agree with what u said. AI can do anything when your hit didn’t connect or blocked.

Still, there is no reason my AI would shoot then suddenly start melee.

I experienced this issue with shockwave as well. And below video shows when opponent bot was hit, no matter how close he is, you are still shooting.....who cares about rhinox, most top dudes don’t play him. He is broken and bad..

https://youtu.be/t9CXc2Lqpog

I hands down agree with what u said. AI can do anything when your hit didn’t connect or blocked.

I experienced this issue with shockwave as well. And below video shows when opponent bot was hit, no matter how close he is, you are still shooting.....who cares about rhinox, most top dudes don’t play him. He is broken and bad..

Broken?
    Currently tmhave him r4 and about to am forge him. Havent seen anything about him being broken.
    edited July 2019
    Rocsolid wrote: »

Broken?
    Currently tmhave him r4 and about to am forge him. Havent seen anything about him being broken.

When u use him for high AM u will know why he is bad, even if opponent slightly touches wall, and heavy misses u will get dunked hard with no way to side step or back out

Every other bots can back out of a missed heavy, not rhinox. Only safe way to do heavy is when opponent is a million miles away from the wall, then u miss out a big chunk of damage

Watch the above fight against blungeon

Ready to get dunked

Broken?

When u use him for high AM u will know why he is bad, even if opponent slightly touches wall, and heavy misses u will get dunked hard with no way to side step or back out

Every other bots can back out of a missed heavy, not rhinox. Only safe way to do heavy is when opponent is a million miles away from the wall, then u miss out a big chunk of damage

Ready to get dunked

I know quite a few that use him in am. If the opponent has perfect timing it doesnt matter what bot it is. However, rinox does have a longer mele heavy then most so he does leave a larger opening.
    With that said, using a mele after every combo is bad news. Higher level ai will cash in if you repeat an open door for an attack. I dont even do that when using hot rod and the heavy with decel on is where the moneyshot lies.

Broken?

Ready to get dunked

I know quite a few that use him in am. If the opponent has perfect timing it doesnt matter what bot it is. However, rinox does have a longer mele heavy then most so he does leave a larger opening.
    With that said, using a mele after every combo is bad news. Higher level ai will cash in if you repeat an open door for an attack. I dont even do that when using hot rod and the heavy with decel on is where the moneyshot lies.

Sorry educate me. U don’t use ranged and rollout heavy much at all in AM?

From what I observed u can always back out of a missed heavy when opponent is against wall, am I wrong?

Broken?

Ready to get dunked

Sorry educate me. U don’t use ranged and rollout heavy much at all in AM?

From what I observed u can always back out of a missed heavy when opponent is against wall, am I wrong?

I play max distance. Maybe once a month do I get the opponent against the wall. But the higher you go the less chance for error you have. I've gotten hit after a missed mele heavy from time to time regardless of where the other bot is.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    https://youtu.be/aEX2IgckG1o
    Cyclonus sometimes doesn't nullify unstoppable buff.. thoughts? @Kabam Vydious
    Slayer wrote: »

Should clip the video, or mention the time it happens...

Should clip the video, or mention the time it happens...

Sorry too lazy for that. It happens just in between
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Could it be that his unstoppable is not contacting your hitbox? I noticed you dashed back on the first miss.
    edited July 2019
    Could it be that his unstoppable is not contacting your hitbox? I noticed you dashed back on the first miss.

Contacting my hitbox? What does that mean @Bi1b0Baggins
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Meaning, getting close enough to your invisible contact cube to trigger the nullify. If you're too far from him, then Cyclonus' nullify won't trigger.
    Meaning, getting close enough to your invisible contact cube to trigger the nullify. If you're too far from him, then Cyclonus' nullify won't trigger.

But his abilities didnt mention anything about his the range of nullification. Besides a "dash" cant be done within short range so either MM or clonus needs to be far away.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

Didn’t watch the video, but it is known that Cyclonus’ dark field doesn’t activate 100% of the time with unstoppable dashes. It doesn’t matter if it’s from close to you or from across the screen or if you’re attacking, blocking, or nothing either.

Just dodge his attacks like normal. If it activates, Motormaster (or whoever) will get stunned and you can counter. If it doesn’t, at least you were dodging.

I don’t think this is something that Kabam will fix.