Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Cheetor and power control

Cheetor's transmetal exterior "reduces the effectiveness of enemy abilities that Drain Power by 100%."

Specifically, what is he immune to? Power drain and power burn for sure (I think those are just different names for exactly the same thing).

How about any of these?:
  • Power wipe
  • Power steal
  • Power rate reduction
  • Power lock

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited July 2019
    Cheetor isn't immune to power lock. Rest of them ? Yup his power bar stays the same.
    Also about power debuff (hot rod's degeneration) that affects cheetors power bar.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    I believe his ability only deals with power drain and none of the others listed.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I’m sure Power Wipe and Power Steal do count as Power Drain. Power Lock and every other Power Rate debuffs won’t be affected
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Rhinox can lock Cheetor's power while Barricade can't steal from him.

BTW Power Drain (losing power bit by bit) is slightly different from Power burn (losing power chunk by chunk). So that Shockwave should wait a while after landing his sp1 on enemies with 1 bar and some, but Prowl can fight aggressively in this case.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    I’m sure Power Wipe and Power Steal do count as Power Drain. Power Lock and every other Power Rate debuffs won’t be affected

Someone should try tronus on him (I assume tronus and barricade both do th same power steal?)
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »

Someone should try tronus on him (I assume tronus and barricade both do th same power steal?)

Been there done that.
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    edited July 2019
    Shockwave's "Power Leak" seems to be its own thing. Earlier today in an arena fight, Shockwave landed an SP1 on my Cheetor and Cheetor's power bar began to drain -- or "leak", I guess.

@Kabam_Vydious , can you please ask the devs to explain the difference between these things: power drain, burn, leak, and anything similar?

advTHANKSance
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Shockwave's "Power Leak" seems to be its own thing. Earlier today in an arena fight, Shockwave landed an SP1 on my Cheetor and Cheetor's power bar began to drain -- or "leak", I guess.

@Kabam_Vydious , can you please ask the devs to explain the difference between these things: power drain, burn, leak, and anything similar?

advTHANKSance

I think with Shocky it’s similar to MV1’s Sig in that it’s a numbers thing. Shocky’s Power Leak is passive and just ON all the time with varying levels of effectiveness based on his rank vs the power gain of his opponent. What makes its unique is that it’s effectiveness grows exponentially with landed hits + charges. When this happens the “number” associated to his Power Leak is higher than the number associated with the opponent’s power gain.

In short his Power Leak works on all bots but it may not be visibly discernible.