Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Which 5 Star Should I Buy?

I'm going to use Megatron on my main team but Jetfire is super cool as well. Would like to hear some thoughts. (Shockwave is my tech on my main team).

Which 5 Star Should I Buy? 28 votes

Jetfire
53%
TsunamiBeastdadAustin555555serdoodNemesisUnknownBlack_ThoughtBntyhntr3232_JIMMY_SABSlayerScarredArachnid333OptimalOptimus_MV1KittenGinjaPrimerprime5Benjamim 15 votes
Awaken Megatron
46%
Canuck33Flrsbw0_qpaHTa3uuAnakinPrimeDaveJLSeb1976CeltSycko5BaRdYaAmNelisejcvHijacker2531Saucekay1Decimus234 13 votes

Comments

• JKLJKL Posts: 997
    JF and Shock make a nice combo. Then pray to Kabam for a tact/tech awakening if you can get the random one this month.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Awaken Megatron
    I mean, Shockwave and Jetfire are God tier and d120 AM choices. A duped OG Megs is also God tier and d120 AM candidate, but probably not as much as Jetfire if he is duped and you are skilled.

I went for Megatron because I love him, but I've also got a huge dupe r5 5* Jetfire (and megatron as it happens at r4 f100 and use both in AM), but Megatron is more useful in spotlights. Downside is no heal, but an unawakend JF or even low sig doesn't work too well.
  • Jetfire
    Do jetfire, you can dupe megs from the Crystal
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    Jetfire
    He’s not in the 5* crystal
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited July 2019
    Megatron duplicated is great, but he’s in the crystals and Jetfire isn’t,
    Although I’m waiting for a 5* Wheeljack cause I think he’s a little bit better than Jetfire

It all comes down to you bud who’s your favorite, either Megs or Jetfire, or save up for a different bot
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Jetfire
    Go for jetfire! He's exclusive
  • Jetfire
    I am not sure why people would say megatron because:
    1. Gs megatron is in the crystal
    2. You can dupe megatron by using a sig awakening, if you have one.
    3. Jetfire is a bot that isn't in the crystal, and this is the only month you'll get him, and after that, you gotta wait until the 5 star update.
    4. Megatron is fine unduped
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Jetfire
    Jetfire for all the reasons named above. Think of the long game and overall enjoyment of the fight dynamics of this game. JF is such a test of user skill. Once mastered, you’ll be so proud of yourself.

Also, he looks awesome being so big.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Awaken Megatron
    He’s not in the 5* crystal

But as we learned with the last bot crystal update, he's not in the 5* crystal yet
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    3. Jetfire is a bot that isn't in the crystal, and this is the only month you'll get him, and after that, you gotta wait until the 5 star update.

I’m going to agree and disagree. I’m contemplating getting meg even though he’s in the crystal, so I can dupe him at last. No grindor or mv1 prime there that I don’t need. Megs would be very handy. Although as would cheetor, hence the indecision.

Meg might be fine unduped, but he’s godly when he is duped. Coupled with the easier level of play meg offers it’s easier to see why the OP is asking as well. The playstyle of the OP might be more suited to meg. mine Is, and it also depends on the best available synergies as well. Personally I’m gonna say megs, more because he doesn’t need to double up on tech’s if he’s already got shockwave. That’s part of the dream team right there. Throw in tronus and galvatron and that’s the core of a top team, last place being down to preference.

Jetfire might be great, not disputing that, but he’s already got shockwave, and awakened meg just adds to the opponents pain
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Awaken Megatron

Depends what level you want to play at. A duped OG Megs will take you further than an unduped or low sig Jetfire. If you're playing or want to
    play at the higher levels then I'd rather take the guaranteed OG megs awakening.

I have Jetfire at r5 5* f100 sig 60
    megs r4 5* f100 sig 26

use them both in AM, but jetfire would be useless with low sig