Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Monthly Objectives Revamp + Awakening Programs

It's been ages since the monthly objectives have been released and I honestly think they need a complete revamp. Some of the tasks are obnoxious and for me the rewards dont seem worth it. At least they could lower the 29 objectives one to something like 20 or 25 because some of these are unfair in my eyes. I dont have the time to explore the easier spotlights, and I know most people who play AM wont be able to do the AM ones.

I'm not too sure what should be done so if anyone else would like to say something please do.

Also awakening programs (3☆, 4☆, 5☆) need to be more accessible by now. Again I'm not sure how, maybe act 4 but I've given up hope on that. Maybe since master's difficulty rating has risen we could get new rewards for that including a 5☆ awakening crystal. Or as I've mentioned a few times, a new spotlight difficulty with all new rewards.

Comments

• BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Kitten wrote: »
    It's been ages since the monthly objectives have been released and I honestly think they need a complete revamp. Some of the tasks are obnoxious and for me the rewards dont seem worth it. At least they could lower the 29 objectives one to something like 20 or 25 because some of these are unfair in my eyes. I dont have the time to explore the easier spotlights, and I know most people who play AM wont be able to do the AM ones.

I'm not too sure what should be done so if anyone else would like to say something please do.

Also awakening programs (3☆, 4☆, 5☆) need to be more accessible by now. Again I'm not sure how, maybe act 4 but I've given up hope on that. Maybe since master's difficulty rating has risen we could get new rewards for that including a 5☆ awakening crystal. Or as I've mentioned a few times, a new spotlight difficulty with all new rewards.

Honestly I think the objectives are fine mostly. Maybe some new ones and bring in new achievements. But access to awakening programs would be amazing. Why not buy them in the raid store every now and then? Maybe 25,000 chips for 3 star awakening, and you can buy four at a time. 75,000 for 4 star awakening, and you can buy two at a time. 250,000 for 5 star awakening, and you can only buy one at a time. That 5 star awakening might seem a little cheap but considering right now the only way you can get one is by completing every monthly objective(which is a ridiculous undertaking), I think it’s fair to have at least one easier way of doing it.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Even though I would greatly benefit from this suggestion of lowering the monthly objectives, I disagree. The game isn't meant to be fair in this sense. It should reward the ones that have the time to play or ones that pay.

With a unlocked 5* still being the top bot rank, there needs to be some type of grind/planning for it. Lowering it to 20-25 will not help those that can't grind because you would still need to buy the BOTM(s) and/or R2 them. If you don't have the time to play the easy spotlights, I doubt you have the time to grind 1-2 mm chips per month. What this will do, is it will make it too easy for everyone that does play and we all will be swimming with unlocked 5* because we now can hit the 25 objectives by just finishing all the spotlights and not having to hit any of the BOTM related objectives.

4* is more than accessible with the 16 objectives and we don't need 3*. If you have an issue duping your 3* (not counting the special bots TC, Bee, Nem) the issue is the player not the game.

• BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I wouldn't mind more objectives
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    I dont have the time to explore the easier spotlights, and I know most people who play AM wont be able to do the AM ones.

These 2 statements are the exception IMO. Everyone I know (as in hundreds of players that I talk to daily/weekly) fully explore the easier Spotlights (even tho it’s painful for Easy and Hard). As for AM, it’s also a pain but I’m seeing alliances get creative all the time.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited July 2019
    I think if you complete and explore say...Master, then every level below that should be automatically cleared. Same with any other level...expert clears everything but Master, and so on. Right now it's just a waste of time and monotonous.
    Last thing we need is a "going through the motions" task. It's busy work.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I think if you complete and explore say...Master, then every level below that should be automatically cleared. Same with any other level...expert clears everything but Master, and so on. Right now it's just a waste of time and monotonous.

This. PLEASE.
  • JackinJackin Posts: 21
    I would like the 200 energon xtal to have the increased chance for the featured bots.. even if it was 300 energon.. This would make the 35/35 a bit more accessible. Otherwise its only possible every other month. 29/35 isnt too difficult imo.
    Time for easy/med/hard i dont get though. I appreciate the energon reward, and generally dont have anything else to use energy on. I mean the last week or 2 of spotlight arent you normally looking for places to use energy and this is when players are itchin for content.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited July 2019

Eh... I have to go with the majority here. Obtaining 5* Awakening programs isn’t meant to be easy. I think the objectives are fine as they are. And for the time issues, maybe Kabam could give us something like an Auto-Clear feature
    locked behind a paywall

And for AM objective, some alliances (including mine) had to lower the difficulty to be able to complete it
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    DrShotgun wrote: »

Even though it is definitely monotonous, if lower-level Acts were auto-completed then I would miss getting 75 Energon out of each of them. I'm mostly F2P and that extra E is a boon to me.

Maybe the option would remain to manually complete the lower-level Acts first to get the rewards, before completing the higher ones?