Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Away Missions Update Live!

Commanders!

Teletraan has uploaded optimized routes allowing us to send teams on Away Missions at the cost of less Gold, and for easier access to Gold and ORE-13, with a rare chance at Bot Chips and Bot Crystal Shards!

Starting tomorrow, you’ll start to notice new Away Missions available to send your Bots on!

Before we get into what you’ll be seeing, let’s talk about why we’re making these changes. We’re working towards creating more clearly defined reward identities for different Game Modes.

We intend for Away Missions to be a place for Commanders to steadily earn Gold and ORE-13, and want it to be more accessible to more of our Commanders.

We’re doing this by reducing the length of time these Away Missions take, and the cost of running them, but also by putting a bigger portion of the total rewards in the Base Rewards, with a slightly reduced focus on the Success Rewards.

Keep your eyes on the Away Mission list Commanders, because you’ll quickly find the new Ore Crystals as a reward!

Ore-13 Crystals scale from Tier 1 to Tier 3 based on your progression as a Commander, and contain rewards such as Ore and Gold, with rare chances at Basic, Class and Alpha Sparks. The higher the Tier, the rarer the Sparks. Tier 3 Ore Crystals even contain very rare chances at 1000x T4 Basic, Class, and T3 Alpha Spark Essence!

You’ll see these Away Missions live in game around 10am PT July 25 , Commanders, but may need to wait until your Away Missions refresh.

Comments

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    That's nice! Love away missions since they're an easy way to get quick gold and energon. Excited to see the new missions.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    YAHOO!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Mrnomis wrote: »
    What about arena crystals? Can we still obtain these?

I would assume these will be removed, in order to make players grind arenas more for them
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Well okay nice !
    Something is better than nothing 😉
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Wait...did it just say?

T4 class essence!?!
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Wait...did it just say?

T4 class essence!?!

Hard to say. Just says class lol
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997

Sounds like they got phased out. Find out tomorrow unless @Kabam Vydious wants to confirm?
    If these crystals have stuff to help us r5 a 5* does that mean were getting close to 6*?
  • JKL wrote: »

Sounds like they got phased out. Find out tomorrow unless @Kabam Vydious wants to confirm?

We can confirm that they were phased out, yes. I understand looking at replies that some aren't happy with that. I'll be sure to pass along that feedback.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    JKL wrote: »

We can confirm that they were phased out, yes. I understand looking at replies that some aren't happy with that. I'll be sure to pass along that feedback.

That's just wrong... the new crystals better be worth it then
  • That’s cool, this actually isn’t that bad

How could they not think this was a bad idea to begin with? No one likes or does arena.

Will there be an update to arena milestone rewards specifically arena crystals to balance this removal?
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Ouch. Talk about whiplash. An update to the away missions is something we've been asking for... but at the expense of arena crystals? Not worth it.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    :Hound and Sideswipe usage intensifies:
  • JKL wrote: »

Will there be an update to arena milestone rewards specifically arena crystals to balance this removal?

seems like they have to bring back arena chips if that’s the case, like how it use to be. Or they could increase the number of arena crystals you get. I’m not confident they thought this through.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Nightpath wrote: »
    Ouch. Talk about whiplash. An update to the away missions is something we've been asking for... but at the expense of arena crystals? Not worth it.

Cant have your cake and eat it too. Honestly it makes since, considering energon is a currency bought with real money and ftp players hord it like noones business through those crystals.
    With this though they need to adjust am items to make them easier to obtain or balance then with bot health etc.
  • TCK6909TCK6909 Posts: 17
    If you’re going to adjust gold/ore, then that should be done in solo/spotlight where we are used to grinding for it. Whoever the person was in that meeting who said, “and let’s take away arena crystals from the away missions” has obviously NEVER played this game! Great idea....genius!
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited July 2019
    Rocsolid wrote: »

Cant have your cake and eat it too. Honestly it makes since, considering energon is a currency bought with real money and ftp players hord it like noones business through those crystals.
    With this though they need to adjust am items to make them easier to obtain or balance then with bot health etc.

But to be fair, you can earn units in the other game via arena; I mean you get a lot depending on how much arena you grind. But, this game is very different arena. So away mission is the best way to get arena crystals. You only get 16 with arena milestone. Can’t blame people for hoarding.

seems like they have to bring back arena chips if that’s the case, like how it use to be. Or they could increase the number of arena crystals you get. I’m not confident they thought this through.

Could be a straight removal too without increasing anywhere else. Depends if Kabam decided the ability to earn energon was unbalanced.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Thanks for removing the arena crystals, they were annoying.
    I am wondering if the glories team will consider removing the shuttle as well? It’s taking too much space.
  • PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    Rocsolid wrote: »

so, the real point here is: we need the full picture from Kabam. We just know half the story.

As of now, we only know that one reward-item in the game just changed and that it will create an important imbalance in today's gameplay (no arena crystals= no free energon= real money demand for the player).

I hope we get further info to understand the real benefit, for the player, behind this change.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    If arena crystals are taken away, can you also take away raid chip missions since raid chips should be from raiding and not away missions?

Will more arena crystals be given out for arena then to encourage people to play more arena?
  • GrooGroo Posts: 163
    I think it’s pretty obvious that this is what they’re going for. They have removed energon from rewards before.
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    If arena crystals are taken away, can you also take away raid chip missions since raid chips should be from raiding and not away missions?

Makes sense. I think they are gone too based on the post.

• PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    edited July 2019
    Faithz17 wrote: »

Will more arena crystals be given out for arena then to encourage people to play more arena?

but then, arenas should be also modified. Current grinding-scheme can be improved for sure, right?
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    No more arena crystals in away missions? Oh well I guess I'll guess I'll have one less excuse to log into the game.