Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Away Missions Update Live!

Comments

• Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Nice 👍
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    As no more arena crystals in away missions so Could you replace them with AM revive kits!?
    lmao
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    KABAM's ability in irritating players by an update with a sugarcoated title is beyond the limits of human knowledge, to put it mildly.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited July 2019
    Ok, yes I agree we're (hopefully) only seeing part of the story here. Perhaps if further tweaks to other parts of gameplay (arena, I'm looking at you) are upcoming, there is a possibility that overall the balance and gameplay will be improved. Hopefully the shards will be worth it, and I hope the bot chips we can get will be increased. And a shorter away mission time? That's always good....
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited July 2019
    Slayer wrote: »
    Well okay nice !
    Something is better than nothing 😉

Just take away this comment away like u did with arena crystals.
    Now i regret posting that, smh.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    Heck yeah!
  • McBusketMcBusket Posts: 174
    @Jazz444 why are you saying nice? Do you not like energon or something?
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    At the very very least, I hope the gold rewards will be increased significantly to remedy the perpetual gold shortage.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    McBusket wrote: »
    @Jazz444 why are you saying nice? Do you not like energon or something?

Sadly just read that part and I’m upset to lose a main source of energon lol
    @Kabam Vydious if you guys are wanting us to get more grand of rewards from Send away Missions you guys better put those arena crystals back in there before more players walk
  • CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    God this is depressing. I've soldiered through the drought of new content/bots and all the things people complain about on these boards. This is the first time an announcement has made me start thinking, "maybe it's time to quit."
    @MarkGrayson I think they've said "the game is nowhere near ending" sometime ago, if that assures you. It's OK because even if there's 0 player left, the game is not ended unless the server (singular, ironically) is shutdown.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    JKL wrote: »
    JKL wrote: »
    Mrnomis wrote: »
    What about arena crystals? Can we still obtain these?

Sounds like they got phased out. Find out tomorrow unless @Kabam Vydious wants to confirm?

We can confirm that they were phased out, yes. I understand looking at replies that some aren't happy with that. I'll be sure to pass along that feedback.

Will there be an update to arena milestone rewards specifically arena crystals to balance this removal?

seems like they have to bring back arena chips if that’s the case, like how it use to be. Or they could increase the number of arena crystals you get. I’m not confident they thought this through.

You're naive if you believe taking away a free source of energon was "unintentional"
  • JKL wrote: »
    Mrnomis wrote: »
    What about arena crystals? Can we still obtain these?

Sounds like they got phased out. Find out tomorrow unless @Kabam Vydious wants to confirm?

We can confirm that they were phased out, yes. I understand looking at replies that some aren't happy with that. I'll be sure to pass along that feedback.
    why i will be poor only able to rank up 2* now 😢

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I think there is a positive to this...if this gives us a way to stash extra Ore13 without it expiring that's good. I mean you can only hold so much. If you're short on gold and have to sell ore, that is self defeating.
    Just trying to look on the bright side. Honestly I don't do many away missions, so I wont miss it much.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Awesome. When are you going to remove Arena Crystals from the game entirely?
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    Are arena crystals still gonna be available prizes for this update? @Kabam Vydious
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    edited July 2019
    Why did you ditch Arena crystals?

PLEASE KEEP THEM!
    @Kabam Vydious
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Peponfree wrote: »
    I hope we get further info to understand the real benefit, for the player, behind this change.

Not sure why you’d think there’s supposed to be some benefit for the player...

Away missions are THE major source of energon for players. Hopefully there is an update for another source of energon since they are taking this away.

Another source = $$$

Personally I’m definitely not happy about the removal of arena crystals (I could get on average 100 energon a day and I’m definitely one of those hoarders of energon). I’m just hoping that we will see a lot more of bot shards, and even some T4C Essence. If so, will still be happy overall. If it’s just more raid chips, ore, T1/ T2 sparks, then yeah definitely see myself logging in to game a lot less.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited July 2019
    It’s a sign of rage quiting wave incoming...

Solution? Easy give us more revive kit or make revive kit percent based...

45 Energon for 1% revive? And removal of ways of gaining energon? Ridiculous?
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    Woohoo! Now we're talking!
  • AAGZ0921AAGZ0921 Posts: 194
    One step forward 3 steps backwards. Typical of Kabam.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    I get the outrage of removing Arena crystals. I love them too, but let’s wait and see? Some numbers might help @Kabam Vydious ... how rare is rare? How long do they take? What’s the actual percentage of T3C or better from these crystals?

Also Faithz mentioned raid chips, are they out too? (I’m guessing they are). And will the refresh stay at 2 hours? With faster missions, how often will you be out of missions to pick?

If the end result is more arena for the gold/energon grind, but less grind for sparks through the new away missions, it might work out fine. Can always use ore to sell as an income stream if short on gold. Let’s face it, we’re always going to be short on one thing more than others.
  • Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    Well if you put it this way : every day you can obtain 25 Energon for free (ads and daily objectives). Every month if you do all spotlight mission from easy-master its 150×5 = 750 energon. So, counting on 28 days 25×28=700.

750+700=1450 plus 100 energon from the calendar every month if you log in daily. Total amount free energon every four weeks adds up to 1550. Which is still not bad for a currency that is supposed to be obtained by spending $$$.

That being said, I absolutely belong to those that want arena crystals to stay in away missions, because you also get much more gold from them compared to other crystals. If the amount of crystals doesnt at least double in arenas..
    Hate to break it to you @Mrnomis but in the eyes of Kabam, if you're playing for fun you should not progress as quickly as those who pay. Moreover, those who paid still need hell of a grind to stay on top.

If they ask for opinion of the community before any decision, there's no decision. In the end it's announcement like "we know you're not happy and we make sure your resentment is heard" and that's all. Best scenario is when they added back 5% attack after they nerfed Ratchet.
  • DiacloneDiaclone Posts: 29
    Kabam, you sure know how to aggravate your players. Here’s to hope that this signals changes for the better.
  • bishawabishawa Posts: 30
    i would really feel unlucky if arena crystal are history. its the only thing i want from away mission