Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Away Missions Update Live!

Comments

• Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    Fully agree
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Current arena milestones only net 16 total crystals per arena, no matter how much grinding.

Hoping that will be reworked in this effort to put the "arena" back in arena crystals...
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    While I don't agree with their decision, I understand their position. They need to stop the bleeding and cutting off the flow of free game currency makes perfect business sense, however, they have not stepped up to the plate and given the customers a reason to spend.
  • Starkiller7Starkiller7 Posts: 266
    Honestly this seriously makes me consider quitting again.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited July 2019
    Mrnomis wrote: »
    I'm going to wake up in a minute and realize that this was all just a bad dream.

I wish this was a nightmare lol 😂 but being for real this hurts, possibly this is a way for the players to quit, because more and more great things are being taken away, hopefully new bots come in each month, and new content gets added for this mistake
  • JackinJackin Posts: 21
    Im waiting to see what the update brings. Id gladly give up some arena xtals for much needed upgradables. This could be an excellent addition to the game.
    Easier access to bot upgradeables is huge.

I dont want to lose the arena xtals from away missions, but currently if I see t2A available or arena xtals, theres no way im choosing arena.

Adding some more back to arena milestones to compensate would be an easy fair compensation.
  • Blasphemy
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    edited July 2019
    There are a number of opinions on this... Personally, I'm OK with the doing away of Arena Crystals in Away Missions... if I can get something better in exchange. Most days in away missions, I'm focused on getting better things than Arena Crystals (Bot Chips, Tier-4 Basic Ore-13, 4* Bot Crystal Shards, T3b Shards, T1a and T2a Shards, Raid Chips, etc.). Yeah, it's primarily because I am at a point in the game where Energon is nice, but I need to rank up my roster more. If there's nothing else, sure I'll go for Arena Crystals.

The biggest reason everyone is complaining is that Arena Crystals provided a 20% chance of Energon. Here are other ways you can get Energon, aside from the 1 in 5 shot Arena Crystals provide:

(1) Complete 7 of 8 Daily Objectives (10 Energon guaranteed)
    (2) Watch 3 ads daily (15 Energon guaranteed)
    (3) Complete a Story or Spotlight mission (10 Energon guaranteed first time mission is completed)
    (a) On rare occasions, a Sharkticon Ambush has Energon as well.
    (4) Fully Explore a Story or Spotlight mission (15 Energon guaranteed)
    (5) Level up (Energon amount determined by What Level you are in the game). At certain levels, you get Bonus Energon from completing overall Game objectives.
    (6) Save up Raid Chips and use them the 1 or 2 days each month Energon is available (you can get up to 200 Energon).
    (7) Logging in every day in a month (100 Energon Guaranteed, plus other goodies).

We also forget that Bot Chips are readily available in Away Missions now, and that by accumulating them, you can get 3*/4*/5* bots guaranteed. In other words, you don't need Energon to get higher order bots, which is the reason most of us want the Energon, right? (I like a guaranteed higher star bot a lot better than the PBC spin, praying for a 4* Bot, only to settle for a 2* Grindor most of the time.)

So, I'm not sweating the change... yet. As long as Kabam continues to provide adequate chances at Bots which doesn't require Energon, fine.
  • JackinJackin Posts: 21
    edited July 2019
    Blasphemy

Haha... im just easin the tension baby.. just easin the tension.

Hope i quoted that right.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Well ...
    The community gets the shards they've BEGGED for, plus most of the essentials to progress.

The deletion of arena crystals mean we sometimes don't get the bonanza of up to 20+ free energon a day. And that's it you're lucky.

Just watch the damn ads, be more prudent spending that energon, and there's almost no difference.

I say allow more energon to be bought for raid chips and maybe improve the energon return in spotlights and daily missions.

DONE.
  • Technobot wrote: »
    There are a number of opinions on this... Personally, I'm OK with the doing away of Arena Crystals in Away Missions... if I can get something better in exchange. Most days in away missions, I'm focused on getting better things than Arena Crystals (Bot Chips, Tier-4 Basic Ore-13, 4* Bot Crystal Shards, T3b Shards, T1a and T2a Shards, Raid Chips, etc.). Yeah, it's primarily because I am at a point in the game where Energon is nice, but I need to rank up my roster more. If there's nothing else, sure I'll go for Arena Crystals.

The biggest reason everyone is complaining is that Arena Crystals provided a 20% chance of Energon. Here are other ways you can get Energon, aside from the 1 in 5 shot Arena Crystals provide:

(3) Complete a Story or Spotlight mission (10 Energon guaranteed first time mission is completed)
    (5) Level up (Energon amount determined by What Level you are in the game). At certain levels, you get Bonus Energon from completing overall Game objectives.
    (6) Save up Raid Chips and use them the 1 or 2 days each month Energon is available (you can get up to 200 Energon).
    (7) Logging in every day in a month (100 Energon Guaranteed, plus other goodies).

We also forget that Bot Chips are readily available in Away Missions now, and that by accumulating them, you can get 3*/4*/5* bots guaranteed. In other words, you don't need Energon to get higher order bots, which is the reason most of us want the Energon, right? (I like a guaranteed higher star bot a lot better than the PBC spin, praying for a 4* Bot, only to settle for a 2* Grindor most of the time.)

So, I'm not sweating the change... yet. As long as Kabam continues to provide adequate chances at Bots which doesn't require Energon, fine.

While I appreciate that you listed out the alternative ways to gain Energon, the removal of arena crystals from Away Missions is rather a big change.
    It's just that while there are alternate ways to get Energon, Arena Crystals from Away Missions was the easiest way to get it (except for ads), especially for more laid-back players. I'm not sure if players are willing to commit to the tedious grind in Arena to gain more of these crystals.

The Away Missions allowed you to gain rewards while you can play Spotlight missions or doing anything else, even when you're not playing the game. Taking the Crystals away makes it more time consuming to keep a viable amount of Energon.
    Jackin wrote: »
    Blasphemy

Haha... im just easin the tension baby.. just easin the tension.

Hope i quoted that right.

Oh, I wasn't referring to your post.
    It's just that I first saw this thread and that was my response.

Also, I had to look up that quote.
    Happy Gilmore, right? One of the few good movies from Adam Sandler.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Beastdad wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Well ...
    The community gets the shards they've BEGGED for, plus most of the essentials to progress.

The deletion of arena crystals mean we sometimes don't get the bonanza of up to 20+ free energon a day. And that's it you're lucky.

Just watch the damn ads, be more prudent spending that energon, and there's almost no difference.

I say allow more energon to be bought for raid chips and maybe improve the energon return in spotlights and daily missions.

DONE.

They are making it so energon will be nearly impossible to obtain without a huge grind. At least they rarely put anything up for sale worth purchasing for energon anyway.

I mostly just need the gold, and removing a key source of it is disappointing.

It seems like we will actually get more gold with better gold/ore missions and shorter missions. Have to wait to see what we actually get but seems that is the intent.
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    Technobot wrote: »

You are missing the point here

Energon is the most important ressource out there, way before any upgrade ressource ( except t4c which is the highest and rarest ressource right now ) but that's it. In higher lvl AM, without energon, you're doomed if you don't have a few revives stacked or not a fully skilled ninja player.

away mission crystal was a way to get them without grinding, without playing, for the people who didn't have too much time to put into the game, or could only log on to help on AM.

I can't unerstand why people are seeing this as a possible positive change. this can't be by any means a better change for this part of the community, unless they introduce another way of getting energon by " doing nothing " this is a slap in the face.

Trust me, the " good changes " that will come, will be an upgraded rewards on some game mode, like arena, spotlight or even raid, but that's not the focus. You still need to go through the grind/playing to get the rewards there.
  • PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    I don't see any replies from @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious or any other Kabam guy... anything to share with us, guys??
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Celt wrote: »

I can't unerstand why people are seeing this as a possible positive change. this can't be by any means a better change for this part of the community, unless they introduce another way of getting energon by " doing nothing " this is a slap in the face.

Trust me, the " good changes " that will come, will be an upgraded rewards on some game mode, like arena, spotlight or even raid, but that's not the focus. You still need to go through the grind/playing to get the rewards there.

I'm trying to keep an open mind. I hope the gold increase in the away missions will be a very sizable amount to effectively get rid of that particular bottleneck. And as much as I hate the loss of arena crystals, I do understand that, from a business perspective, allowing players to get large amounts of the real-money currency by not even playing the game really doesn't even make sense. Do we all want great rewards for "doing nothing"? Sure, that would be great, but the "free lunch" attitude doesn't bring in revenue.

Now that said, I really really hope that we see a revamp of the arena milestones and rewards, and possibly other areas of the game as well. Someone mentioned increasing energon rewards for completing spotlight missions. These are all good starting places. As long as Kabam is committed to also making the game better, as well as making it a bit more financially viable, it's all good.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Nightpath wrote: »
    Do we all want great rewards for "doing nothing"? Sure, that would be great, but the "free lunch" attitude doesn't bring in revenue.

I'd agree with you the whole way if content wasn't on free lunch for the past 6+ months.

Reforging does not bring in revenue either.

Yes, exactly. That's why Kabam needs to be committed to making the game better. I'm glad you mentioned the new content. This is a huge part of improving the game, and needs to be addressed as well as revamping things like arenas.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Hopefully with this change they'll put AM kits in the raid store daily (with more than a limit of 1? lol). And not those useless tier 1 and 2 ones either. That would get me raiding more often too.

And yes, I need kits. :'(
  • edited July 2019
    Commanders,

Due to a technical issue, the release of these Away Missions will be delayed a short while. We're don't expect it to be long, and still hope to get them out today.

Thank you for your patience.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Hahaha, no rush pal
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited July 2019
    Commanders,

Due to a technical issue, the release of these Away Missions will be delayed a short while. We're don't expect it to be long, and still hope to get them out today.

No rush we want to keep the arena crystals, and still get new Stuff
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    @Kabam Miike no rush..

you guys still haven't answered us about raid chips either..

You are punishing the player base who have stuck around during Reforged season..
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Commanders,

Take your time bro, a century or two is good for me