Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

5* Tech to Rank Up

I'm stuck deciding between Shockwave (sig 30), Rhinox (sig 15) and Mirage (sig 3--only recently awakened) to beef up to R3. My main team for raids and missions is Bludgeon, Windblade, Tantrum/Dinobot. If I need a Demo, I use my 4* R5/50 Galvatron. I have used Shockwave, but with Rhinox recently duped again, and just now getting Mirage and awakening him, I'm open to taking either one. I'm decent with Shockwave and getting better. I enjoy Rhinox but I'm out of practice with him. Mirage is fun, even if I get beat, and was my first tech bot when I started playing and liked him even more when I learned how to control fights with his specials. I've been using Shockwave more--especially when I need to bring in Galvatron because of their synergy, but I don't mind putting him on the back burner if either of the others are better.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Comments

• BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    I'm stuck deciding between Shockwave (sig 30), Rhinox (sig 15) and Mirage (sig 3--only recently awakened) to beef up to R3. My main team for raids and missions is Bludgeon, Windblade, Tantrum/Dinobot. If I need a Demo, I use my 4* R5/50 Galvatron. I have used Shockwave, but with Rhinox recently duped again, and just now getting Mirage and awakening him, I'm open to taking either one. I'm decent with Shockwave and getting better. I enjoy Rhinox but I'm out of practice with him. Mirage is fun, even if I get beat, and was my first tech bot when I started playing and liked him even more when I learned how to control fights with his specials. I've been using Shockwave more--especially when I need to bring in Galvatron because of their synergy, but I don't mind putting him on the back burner if either of the others are better.

Mirage is the way to go. He’s one of the best bots in the game. He’s not even someone I use often, but whenever I do, he’s unbeatable. There’s not really any other bot that covers as much ground as he does.
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited August 2019
    Rhinox sucks big time in AM, so pick anybots not rhinox

Against high lvl bots his special renders barely any stacks of bleed sometimes none

His shield is none existant against high lvl bots

His heavy is bad
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited August 2019
    When used properly and with the right synergy, Shockwave is a monster. Without going into too much detail, I’m able to cause single hit damage between 22-28k (sometimes higher). I repeat, one hit. I would also argue his Power Control is second to none.

That said, I agree with the comment above regarding Rhinox. Combine that with his broken heavy attack and he’s near the bottom of the list for Techs.

Mirage is excellent as well but does mean longer fights and a steep learning curve to master.
  • I wouldn't mind you going into more detail about how Shockwave can do damage like that in a single hit!
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I wouldn't mind you going into more detail about how Shockwave can do damage like that in a single hit!

Full-fledged, class advantage, enemy at energon shield down, and you swipe an sp2 -- boom!!
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Illustration of what @KillMasterC says above. However, there are other ways to dish out even more damage with a single hit while also draining 2 full power bars.

rv2nvd3l9kje.jpeg
  • Shockwave. His shock damage and power control are fantastic. Let him sit back against ranged attackers building up shock charges and pelt the enemy right back.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Geez that's a duped R5 maxed 5s Shockwave. Of course he's gonna do crazy damage.
  • PiconiaPiconia Posts: 106
    Rhinox is pretty good, i use him on a regular basis in AM. Shockwave is indeed much easier and reliable power management to use when both are compared.

Still, given your setup (Bludgeon, Windblade, Tantrum/Dinobot) you could consider Rhinox and swap out Tantrum for Primal for that beast purification. I know the team because that's what i'm using aswell :smiley:

Bottom line: Shockwave - easy mode with no synergies, Rhinox - harder with some perks
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    If you had Jetfire it would definitely be him, but since you haven't got him definitely shockwave
  • I have a 4* Jetfire but not 5*, and I still can't get the timing down on his shields. Sometimes I'm Johnny-on-the-spot with it, other times I whiff until it almost gets me killed.

Shockwave is good, and I can do a decent job with him, but I'm kinda far off when it comes to pulling off wins like that 24k hit--I can do that with Bludgeon though!
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I wouldn't mind you going into more detail about how Shockwave can do damage like that in a single hit!

Full-fledged, class advantage, enemy at energon shield down, and you swipe an sp2 -- boom!!

+ have him as a 5/50 fully forged 5 star...
  • Beastdad wrote: »
    It's beyond easy to choose Shockwave, one of the best and most reliable power control bots in the game.

If you are inexperienced, spamming his SP1 over and over while stacking shock charges is beyond easy to master.

Even for the experienced, it’s still a good tactic, Especially when skilled hands can land extra shocks.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302

Mirage is hands down the best long fight bot. Wave is a win if you learn to block the shots, nox is very good also but as stated there are issues with his bleeds and shield as higher levels. My vote is for mirage!