Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Windblade Sig--Is It Worth Investing In?

My 5* Windblade is one of my few 5* that hasn't been awakened or duped. I've got one of those generic 5* awakening programs and I'm stumped on whether I should awaken her or use it on one of my other unduped 5*. Windblade is one of my most played bots. My others that are unduped aren't used as much or at all except for arenas or whatever. Right now, unduped, I'm slaughtering bots pretty easily unless they are Bonecrusher or a Master difficulty bot, so will her sig make her even more dangerous, or just give a "meh!" kind of bonus?

Also, I don't really understand how her sig works. I know the text of it, but that seems maybe intentionally vague and I have no idea whether a partial boost is given that increases as enemy health goes down (my guess) that increases to the amount listed, or if it works some other way. I'd appreciate a link if there is an accurate explanation from any @kabam or anyone else willing to spill the beans.

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Need to see your unduped 5* bots to answer the question.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    "Windblade's desire to finish the fight increases Critical Rate by up to 11~25% based on opponent's lost Health."
    I'm not very into this bot. But the fact that you have to hit sig100 and rely on enemy being at low health to have that 25% margin, I'll refrain.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    "Windblade's desire to finish the fight increases Critical Rate by up to 11~25% based on opponent's lost Health."
    I'm not very into this bot. But the fact that you have to hit sig100 and rely on enemy being at low health to have that 25% margin, I'll refrain.

Yeah I'm with you on that, doesn't really seem worth it
  • It's honestly not worth using the awakening program. The increased crit rate in my experience does not mean increased bleed rate. Not to mention that it's a pretty incremental difference (my 4 star is sig 35 and has a potential 16% increase. At 50% opponent health that's only 8% bonus if I understand how it works correctly).
    I'd say it's more worth it to save the awakening problem for if a different five star bot pops up that you like, which has a good/relevant/impactful signature, and you just aren't able to reach the chip requirement to buy a dupe of it. For instance if I'd bought tantrum two months ago, I'd have wanted to have him duped bc the purify/crit buff pairs well with his existing playstyle/helps his fight.
  • Windblade is fine by herself without her signature ability.
    Do you have any other unawakened 5*'s you are willing to invest your awakening program in?
  • Yeah, I don't have any problems with her unduped. She's one of my favorites. I just didn't know if I was missing anything with her sig. I had her duped as a 4* but I couldn't really tell a difference between play with her duped or unduped.

My unduped 5* bots are:
    Windblade. Cyclonus. Megatronus. Nemesis Prime. Soundwave. Sideswipe. Waspinator. Blaster. Motormaster. Cheetor. Jazz. G1 Megatron. Optimus Primal. Arcee. G1 Bumblebee.

Also, a few of the Bayverse bots, but I'd never spend a program to awaken any of them. I like Cyclonus, but for Tact, I've already got Dinobot and Starscream. I know NP heals, but I'm just not too interested in him. I could be tempted toward Megatronus since my top Demo is 4* Ironhide/Galvatron. I know G1 Megs and Primal are great bots, but with my luck, I'd use the program and then get them on my next 5* crystal.
  • I would start by dropping all that are available in the normal pool from the list and choose one of those hard to get. And from that read up on who needs to sig to unlock a truly useful ability.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Megatronus is the answer. Followed by G1 Bee.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    I’d save the program for rare bots like Thundercracker, NP and Bee. Bots that aren’t available in the regular pool are worthy too.

I’m heavily leaning towards Nemesis since his constant Life Steal is really what makes him stand out from the other bots.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Windblade is one of those bots where the signature doesn’t impact her much. It’s like Mirages. It’s a help, but she plays like a beast without it. On the bright side, it’s not as bad as Jazz’s signature.
  • asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited August 2019
    Idk. Her sig is one where a swordmasters player might tell you its better off having a lower crit rate so you can land bigger crits, yet when she's duped and her crit rate is high and you have the deep wounds mastery she gets nastier and nastier. I don't run her often enough to know.

*edit..i do know she is a bot where high sig lvl probably isn't necessary. Awakening her might be worth it though. I think there are a few players out there running swordmasters teams who would say she is one of the deadliest bots in the game.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    Windblade is one of those bots where the signature doesn’t impact her much. It’s like Mirages. It’s a help, but she plays like a beast without it. On the bright side, it’s not as bad as Jazz’s signature.

Not Mirage. Mirage needs his sig more than half of the bots.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    instead of opinions, why not run the numbers?
    zwa585b2hvza.png

at 100 sig and 25% AI health...almost a full 19% increase in crit rate. her sig is like her own assassins mastery but for crit rate.
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

Not Mirage. Mirage needs his sig more than half of the bots.

You think? I gotta disagree. It’s a nice bonus to be sure, but his signature just gives him temporary buffs, while by default he gains permanent buffs provided you can dodge hits. It isn’t until it gets to a high level that you get much use out of it though, and he doesn’t rely on it. Grimlock and Mixmaster need their signatures. Soundwave and Galvatron are made a great deal better by theirs. Mirage is great with or without it.
  • asparagus wrote: »
    Idk. Her sig is one where a swordmasters player might tell you its better off having a lower crit rate so you can land bigger crits, yet when she's duped and her crit rate is high and you have the deep wounds mastery she gets nastier and nastier. I don't run her often enough to know.

*edit..i do know she is a bot where high sig lvl probably isn't necessary. Awakening her might be worth it though. I think there are a few players out there running swordmasters teams who would say she is one of the deadliest bots in the game.

I run Sword Masters as long as the bot/mod combination allows it, often I use only Windblade and Bludgeon, both 4/40 5*, have crit rate and deep wounds mastery. She IS a monster and she lands bleeds and crit damage like crazy. I dropped a tech shark on master today from 100% to KO in under 10 hits. Downside is of course that she cant take a lot of hits like most other scouts. She is awakened but maybe around sig level 10, from my perspective it helps, but it's not that necessary to have her land hard hits.